NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 112 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Not enough people have been talking about Jimmy Butler. He has been the best player in the NBA playoffs IMO. I'd put Luka, Giannis and Curry right behind him.

Valid point he has been really good but I am still putting Luka ahead of him

With Luka, Joker and Giannis (in my opinion clearly establishing themselves as the top 3 players on the planet). Who is the best American born player in the league now? Durant, Embid, Steph, Tatum?

This is somewhat related my my question from last week about who the next American born MVP will be. (Though Embiid isn't American born). If i had to win a game tomorrow I could talk myself into Durant > Tatum.

Valid point he has been really good but I am still putting Luka ahead of him

Butler has been really good but Luka is averaging 31-10-7 and they just eviscerated the best team in the league 2 games in a row. I gotta give it to him

I thought the inside the NBA guys really took it easy on the suns .. basically coming with the “some nights are just not your night “ narrative… this was an all time epic choke job where these fools panicked 10 minutes into game and lost their minds .. you can say Luca this Luca that .. I don’t care what He did .. but how did that result in PHX having only 27 pts at half time ?

I thought the inside the NBA guys really took it easy on the suns .. basically coming with the “some nights are just not your night “ narrative… this was an all time epic choke job where these fools panicked 10 minutes into game and lost their minds .. you can say Luca this Luca that .. I don’t care what He did .. but how did that result in PHX having only 27 pts at half time ?
It's funny how the Chris Paul conversation (even on this forum) has gone from greatest PG in history to ....well let's just say not the greatest PG in NBA history, all in the span of one series.

It's funny how the Chris Paul conversation (even on this forum) has gone from greatest PG in history to ...well let's just say not the greatest PG in NBA history, all in the span of one series.
He has the crowd that absolutely lives for making fun of him and then has the crowd that absolutely loves him as a player and they all come out of the woodwork depending on how he plays. I've always felt he was one of the top 5ish PGs ever but also hate all the dirty crap/flopping he pulls. I think he's generally been better in the playoffs than he gets credit for but he was truly dreadful the last 4 or 5 games of this series.

Not enough people have been talking about Jimmy Butler. He has been the best player in the NBA playoffs IMO. I'd put Luka, Giannis and Curry right behind him.
I'm rooting for the Heat to win it all but if Lowry remains out they might not get by Boston. Even with Lowry they might not win.

So in the pro “defense is largely effort” category .. if it’s not true … explain to me how Luca goes from a sieve first two games to being totally cromulent and almost a defensive asset the rest of the series ? Did he suddenly get more athletic ? Nothing annoys me more or alerts me to the fact know you know NOTHING about basketball than claiming you have to be tall to rebound or athletic to play D

It's funny how the Chris Paul conversation (even on this forum) has gone from greatest PG in history to ...well let's just say not the greatest PG in NBA history, all in the span of one series.
This game sure didn’t help .. he’s now lost 5 series in which his team had a 2-0 lead .. that’s not great

Lottery show is such a waste of time. Maybe it's just that ESPN is bad at everything.

as a rockets fan .. wish we were top 2.. but 3 is ok .. get 1 or Chet, Jabari , paulo

Losing by a million at home in a game 7 to a lower seed will do that.

Losing by a million at home in a game 7 to a lower seed will do that.
I didn’t watch the game, so I can’t truly comment from a place of knowledge.

Was he hurt? What the heck happened? It makes no sense.

I didn’t watch the game, so I can’t truly comment from a place of knowledge.

Was he hurt? What the heck happened? It makes no sense.
I was watching the Rangers game. He must have been.

I was watching the Rangers game. He must have been.
Same. It makes no sense. I watched little of this series…. because it was incomprehensible to me that the Mavs might win.

Last time I was really watching Paul, he was going like 11-11 from the field or something.

This makes no sense to me. I figured Suns in 5…6 max. Losing by 40 with Paul doing nothing….huh? How?