NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 164 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Stephen A is losing his mind lol. I don't like the dudes TV persona but watching him having a meltdown over the Knicks is comedy.
I wish i could laugh, but i just can't tolerate his 'constantly pissed-off' schtick.
Every time i see him, with the sound on or off, it's like someone just murdered his mother and he just can't get justice.

I've been a 'Lakers fan' since Magic, but they, more than any other team, seem to accumulate players i just don't like. Makes it kinda conflicty.

My favorite squad was Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Ceballos, Vlade, Sedale Threatt, Peeler, Campbell…

Was really excited about Ingram, Ball, Randle, Kuzma, Hart, Nance…,

I’m uninspired by what we’re doing now. Bringing back the 2016 Cavs with AD playing Kevin Love’s role - eh.

Man alive. How many championships would Durant have retired with if he just stayed at Golden State?

I wish i could laugh, but i just can't tolerate his 'constantly pissed-off' schtick.
Every time i see him, with the sound on or off, it's like someone just murdered his mother and he just can't get justice.
Oh I hate that part of him too but watching his fanhood suffer is pure entertainment

I had to play catch-up on the DVR.

There were some reports that Paolo was going #1 a day or two ago.. the Woj came out this morning saying the top 3 was set, and he was going 3. That was a surprise to start.

Also surprised Ivey didn't go #4. Troy Weaver didn't make the mistake of letting him slide any further. It'll be interesting to see him and Cade. They both seem like lead guards who want the ball in their hands.

Chuckled when the Knicks took the kid from France. Told my son.. listen for the boos. You'd think the Knicks would've learned from their previous French mistakes. Knicks fans can at least be happy that he was traded away.

MJ and the Hornets made two excellent picks in Duren and Williams. But then they traded Duren away. I don't know how Weaver pulled that off.. getting Duren for a future 1st round pick (the one they just got in the Grant trade).

I was hoping Duren or Williams would fall to the Bulls at #18.. or that the Bulls would up for one of those bigs. I didn't love the guys that were available at #18.. and would've rather a trade pick to get some more assets. Instead, they took another guard... Dalen Terry. 6'7 with a 7'1 wingspan. Seems like a glue guy with defensive versatility. I'll trust AK. Maybe there is a trade in the works...

Last edited:
Jaden Hardy going from big time recruit to second rounder from the G league ignite is a nice chink in the armor for college basketball

Crazy, the number of Jaylens/Jaydens that came into the world within just a few years span. I can't think of another naming phenomenon like that.

My favorite squad was Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Ceballos, Vlade, Sedale Threatt, Peeler, Campbell…

Was really excited about Ingram, Ball, Randle, Kuzma, Hart, Nance…,

I’m uninspired by what we’re doing now. Bringing back the 2016 Cavs with AD playing Kevin Love’s role - eh.
That's your favorite Lakers team ever? Not Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Cooper?

Jaden Hardy going from big time recruit to second rounder from the G league ignite is a nice chink in the armor for college basketball
Just don’t look at the numerous recruits that experience the same by going to college.

Some guys just aren’t as good as they’re hyped in high school.

His critics would say he still hasn’t won a real one
Do we really know the whole story about why he left? Was it really the friction with Draymond?
I had a friend who worked out with Draymond a few times, and told me some stories about Durant, and this guy also knew Kyrie. He said Durant and Kyrie had a strong relationship—way back, before Durant left GS. Kinda odd to see them not win anything in Brooklyn, and Kyrie poised to leave another still good team.

Just don’t look at the numerous recruits that experience the same by going to college.

Some guys just aren’t as good as they’re hyped in high school.

Right but that’s already known. We haven’t seen it the other way around

That's your favorite Lakers team ever? Not Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Cooper?
I was 6-7 in Kareem’s last season. Magic was my first favorite, and I was watching and understanding basketball WAY younger than most kids, and I remember the playoff series in 89 and particular 90 and 91 pretty well.

But I was 12-13 when Van Exel was pulling up for deep 3’s and shadow boxing.

Ivey with all that emotion, and the Agbaji kid from Kansas—those are the two kids i'll be rooting for in the future.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s my advanced age, but I swear I don’t remember hearing the name Trevor Keels until just now. How many times did we play against him? Was he eve an impact?

[4 points in 28 minutes in one game this year. 14 pts in the ACC tourney.]

Maybe it’s my advanced age, but I swear I don’t remember hearing the name Trevor Keels until just now. How many times did we play against him? Was he eve an impact?

[4 points in 28 minutes in one game this year.]

ACCT he put up 14 vs us.