NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 165 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

If the Knicks did all this to throw >$100M at Brunson, I'm going to be very upset.

I mean, Rick is pretty much a Knicks cult legend so they kinda have to.

Also, if Starks or Mason have any kids that can semi-hoop, I’d be gravely disappointed if the Knicks didn’t give them a look.

If the Knicks did all this to throw >$100M at Brunson, I'm going to be very upset.
I don't mind the draft moves. Not sure anyone outside the Top 10 was big impact. That said the Brunson deal has me nervous - I like him, but he is going to get overpaid. The question is how much will it take the Knicks to overpay to secure his services, and how does that deal age? Knicks need to move Julius and Evan or it seems like we are running in place.

So when does OKC flip the switch and say they're not tanking anymore and it's time to improve and compete?

Is it now? They've added a lot of young talent.

So when does OKC flip the switch and say they're not tanking anymore and it's time to improve and compete?

I don't think they will stop tanking this year, although it may be less blatant. Even with the young talent, its not likely a playoff team for 2022/2023, and Presti seems the type that if we are not a playoff team than lets make it count. Probably has the "Play-in for what" philosophy. Also, not sure if Presti has that "generational" prospect he has been wanting

I don't think he gives up any futures for veteran help yet, and if the playoffs fall out of sight, they will sit their key players again.

I think summer of 2023 (with a potentially strong draft) is when he tries to consolidate the accumulated draft capital.

OKC is just trolling the NBA perpetually. Of course they take the tall and freakishly skinny guy. They always have to take someone at least a little goofy. Then to follow that up they literally take two guys both named Jaylin Williams. Clearly they are just in it for the laughs.

OKC is just trolling the NBA perpetually. Of course they take the tall and freakishly skinny guy. They always have to take someone at least a little goofy. Then to follow that up they literally take two guys both named Jaylin Williams. Clearly they are just in it for the laughs.
I thought Chet is exactly the kind of boom or bust pick they should make.

I thought Chet is exactly the kind of boom or bust pick they should make.
Perfect for a front court with this guy:

Oklahoma City Dance GIF by OKC Thunder

After they try to get the French Freak.

I don't mind the draft moves. Not sure anyone outside the Top 10 was big impact. That said the Brunson deal has me nervous - I like him, but he is going to get overpaid. The question is how much will it take the Knicks to overpay to secure his services, and how does that deal age? Knicks need to move Julius and Evan or it seems like we are running in place.
If Johnny Davis was there I would have taken him of course he goes one pick before it's the knick way.

I mean, Rick is pretty much a Knicks cult legend so they kinda have to.

Also, if Starks or Mason have any kids that can semi-hoop, I’d be gravely disappointed if the Knicks didn’t give them a look.
I was curious, so I looked into this. I knew about Anthony Mason Jr. because he played at St. John's.

John Starks Jr. played at a community college for a year and then a D2 college called Central Penn for another year.

Anthony Mason Jr. played 4 years at St. Johns.. went undrafted (2010) and tried out for the Heat... and then played in the NBDL.

Antoine Mason played 3 years at Niagara and then 1 at Auburn.. went undrafted (2015)... and is still playing overseas.

Still 2 more Masons to come...

I was curious, so I looked into this. I knew about Anthony Mason Jr. because he played at St. John's.

John Starks Jr. played at a community college for a year and then a D2 college called Central Penn for another year.

Anthony Mason Jr. played 4 years at St. Johns.. went undrafted (2010) and tried out for the Heat... and then played in the NBDL.

Antoine Mason played 3 years at Niagara and then 1 at Auburn.. went undrafted (2015)... and is still playing overseas.

Still 2 more Masons to come...
Forgot all about Mason’s son playing for St. John’s!

I don't think they will stop tanking this year, although it may be less blatant. Even with the young talent, its not likely a playoff team for 2022/2023, and Presti seems the type that if we are not a playoff team than lets make it count. Probably has the "Play-in for what" philosophy. Also, not sure if Presti has that "generational" prospect he has been wanting

I don't think he gives up any futures for veteran help yet, and if the playoffs fall out of sight, they will sit their key players again.

I think summer of 2023 (with a potentially strong draft) is when he tries to consolidate the accumulated draft capital.
Has OKC accumulated enough talent to kick Bazely to the curb?

Ugghh, had money on Jabari 2, chet 3, ivey 4 and Murray 5. Thought I may have hit the jackpot when Paolo went 1 and ended up with nothing.
You,sir, may have a gambling problem.;)

Last edited: