NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Anyone have a message they want to pass along to Keith Van Horn?

An era that historically will get ignored because the Lakers dominated and the games weren’t high scoring enough and the actual good players took most of the shots, but NBA early-mid 00’s (guys who graduated HS ‘93-97): Iverson, Kobe, McGrady, Garnett, Duncan would take a dump on the starting 5 from almost every era.

Glad to see Paul Pierce wasn’t even close to the reaches that made this list.
History is treating him fairly.
Can’t wait for KG and Pierce have to pretend they are okay with Ray Allen at the ASG.

Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard are the missed.
Bill Walton good player but not better than either of those guys and Walton would probably admit it.

If none of the top 50 missed out then it explains why he made it.

Rodman as one of the top 25 added from 96 is kinda weird.
Healthy Walton was better than either of those guys, not even close. Maybe the best outlet passer ever. Just not a lot of video or time on the floor, unfortunately.

Healthy Walton was better than either of those guys, not even close. Maybe the best outlet passer ever. Just not a lot of video or time on the floor, unfortunately.
By those standards, Grant Hill, Chris Webber, and Penny Hardaway should probably be on it, and Tracy McGrady definitely should.

It’s hard to do these things. Do you go “best career”? “Best peak”? Try to kinda combine both? It’s tough.

Last edited:
Scottie Barnes spectacular in his second NBA game.

How does doc rivers not challenge the blocking call there?!!! Mindbottling

Whoever said Ben for Kyrie needs to happen (I think alsacs) couldn’t have been more correct.

Imagine this game happening with that dynamic...in the playoffs? Come on, this is entertainment. Just do it. Kyrie gets vaxxed on live TV right before game 3 in Brooklyn in the ECF. Come on. Ratings!

Why is Reggie Miller in the Top 75 a foregone conclusion? 5x All-Star, three All-NBA third team appearances. Didn’t finish in the Top 10 of MVP voting a single time in his career. Career numbers of 18/3/3. I mean that’s solid but ehhhh.

I feel like his career resume is inflated by iconic/memorable moments.
He was the best shooter I've ever seen until Steph came along. That and no rings hurts his case.

Lakers need a dead eye 3 point shooter in the lineup in the worst way.

This Russ-Bron-Bazemore-Davis-Jordan 1997 starting lineup ain’t it.

Only one who can shoot off the catch is a 9th-10th man.

Stop playing. Russ, Monk/Nunn(when he’s back), Bron, Melo, Davis. We won’t play D anyway. Get buckets.

Small sample size but this Lakers team looks like hot garbage. A poorly assembled mess by GM Lebron.

Davis and Westbrook appear as though they are gonna be the undoing of this version of the Lakers.

6-10 250 lb dude who prefers fading away or shooting contested Jumpers over post play.

Then you have Westbrook who is useless without the ball on offense and still takes too many low pct jumpshots.

Davis and Westbrook appear as though they are gonna be the undoing of this version of the Lakers.

6-10 250 lb dude who prefers fading away or shooting contested Jumpers over post play.

Then you have Westbrook who is useless without the ball on offense and still takes too many low pct jumpshots.
I mean, those 3 could work... if the other two guys on the court were some ultra athletic wing/guard defenders who can shoot. Davis has to be the center though.

Hopefully Ariza will help.