NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Carmelo is on the list. Draymond? Jabari Parker? Any other dorks out there that some on the b-ball board was trying to say was better than him half a decade ago?

Carmelo is on the list. Draymond? Jabari Parker? Any other dorks out there that some on the b-ball board was trying to say was better than him half a decade ago?
No Chris Mullin, Vince Carter, Dennis Johnson or Dwight Howard

Glad Bing gave us 2 members

No Chris Mullin, Vince Carter, Dennis Johnson or Dwight Howard

Glad Bing gave us 2 members
If those are the biggest snubs...then they did pretty good, IMO.

edit: I’d take Webber on my team over any of those guys.

Dwight Howard is a tough omission. I feel like people underrate his career because he's a bit of an annoying headcase. 8x All-NBA player including first-team 5 straight years. 3x DPOY, 5x rebounding champ. 11th all time in rebounds. 13th all time in blocks.

Dave Bing made the top 76* .alltime team.

1973 Knicks (last championship) = FIVE members on the roster!
Frazier, Reed, DeBusschere, Monroe, Lucas.
Any other teams have 5 of these all-time players on the roster at same time?

Please don't have me killed for saying this, but I would have Tracy McGrady ahead of Melo, Pierce and a small handful of others. T-Mac had 6 Top 10 MVP finishes compared to Melo/Pierces 3 combined.

Waiting for Lebron to come out and criticize Kanter for not being careful with his words

as if Kanter gives 2 F’s. Morey was probably soiling himself

I think I will be taking on the Heat as my second favourite team this year due to Kyle Lowry. They are off to a great start tonight.

The Raps could be a tough watch on many nights this year.

Dwight Howard is a tough omission. I feel like people underrate his career because he's a bit of an annoying headcase. 8x All-NBA player including first-team 5 straight years. 3x DPOY, 5x rebounding champ. 11th all time in rebounds. 13th all time in blocks.

He should absolutely be on there.

He definitely got left off for non-basketball reasons.

I think I will be taking on the Heat as my second favourite team this year due to Kyle Lowry. They are off to a great start tonight.

The Raps could be a tough watch on many nights this year.
I put money on the Heat to come in 1st in the East but I might throw something on the Hawks. They are such a fun team to watch.

Dwight Howard is 1000% on the top 75 "team". Dude was elite on both ends for several years. That is clearly the biggest omission to me. As great a run as Lillard has had, that's an EASY swap.

Please don’t tell me the Warriors switched to this court design permanently.

GSW..the knicks called, they would like their uniforms back.

I think this comparison omits a major piece.

At the risk of this school explanation getting carried away…the teacher, TA and his best friend said you’re a problem and we don’t want you to come back to this class in September. The student said “Ok, deal. Send me to another classroom and I won’t show up until you figure out a new classroom for me to go to.” The teacher had all summer to figure it out and completely botches finding him a new class. Then gets mad when he doesn’t want to come back and pretend like everything is fine. And when the kid shows up it’s a toxic situation and people think it’s all the kids fault.

It’s weird the scope attached to professional athletes when I think this situation viewed in any other employment or classroom lens like above is looked at completely differently.
The contracts make it so. They can’t not pay him, I guess, but no one wants the player with that contract, unless it’s “cheap”.

Thought I was watching an Onyx video.
I'm a b-boy
Standin in my b-boy stance
Hurry up and give me the microphone before I bust in my pants
The mad author of anguish; my language, polluted
Onyx is heavyweight (And still undisputed!)
He took the words right out my mouth and walked a mile in my shoes
I've paid so many dues, I feel used and abused
And I'm... so confused
Umm, excuse me, for example
I'm the inspiration, for a WHOLE generation
And unless you got 10 Sticky Fingers
It's straight immitation
A figment, of your imagination
But but but but wait it gets worse!
I'm not watered down so I'm dyin of thirst
Comin thru with a scam, a foolproof plan
B-boys make some noise, and just, JUST SLAM!

It's really almost indefensible not to have Dwight on there.

5 time first team all league! There are 20 guys in the history of the league who have made first team all NBA more times than Dwight. Not to make it a Melo thing exclusively, but Melo never made first team all league. He made second team just twice. Dwight made first team 5x! (Granted, maybe he benefitted from a lack of other great C, but 5X first team??)

I believe I read no members of the 50 at 50 team were left off this list, which seems...weird? I dunno

Not saying I necessarily agree with any of this. This is just one algorithms take:

Biggest snubs, per The Russell Scale​

34. Dwight Howard (68.4)
53. Pau Gasol (60)
55. Tracy McGrady (59.3)
56. Tony Parker (58.8)
58. Chris Bosh (58.2)
63. LaMarcus Aldridge (56.8)
69. Chauncey Billups (55.4)
T71. Vince Carter, Bob Lanier (55.3)
74. Adrian Dantley (55)
75. Paul George (54.9)

Biggest surprises, per The Russell Scale​