NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Must watch. I was bouncing at Maggie’s on the hill the day that happened. Syracuse beat Memphis early in the season.
The Memphis-Syracuse game was going on the same time on ESPN2.

My buddies and I were watching that and the in game studio update from ESPN showed us the brawl and we immediately flipped over to ESPN.

Must watch. I was bouncing at Maggie’s on the hill the day that happened. Syracuse beat Memphis early in the season.
I was impressed with Jermaine O'Neal. Very measured and thoughtful guy.

There is a new documentary on Netflix about the Palace brawl. It's very interesting and definitely worth a watch.

Yeah, can’t wait. Remember the highlights that night so vividly.

Remember being disgusted by the media “thug”, “hip hop”, and then by Stern’s absurd dress code.

And Jermaine O’Neil was on my fantasy team. That sliding punch was insane, lol.

Update re: The Athletic's player tiers

Now that we know the tier of each player and the approximate value of each tier, we can calculate who has the best rosters per those rankings. League rank is in parentheses)

East
1. Brooklyn (1)
2. Milwaukee (2)
3. Miami (9)
4. Boston (10)
5. Philly (11)
6. Atlanta (13)
T7. Chicago (T15)
T7. Indiana (T15)
9. Toronto (T17)
10. New York (19)
11. Washington (21)
12. Charlotte (22)
13. Detroit (26)
14. Cleveland (T28)
15. Orlando (30)

West
1. LA Lakers (3)
2. LA Clippers (4)
3. Denver (5)
4. Utah (6)
5. Golden State (7)
6. Phoenix (8)
7. Portland (12)
8. Dallas (14)
9. New Orleans (T17)
10. Memphis (20)
11. Minnesota (23)
T12. Oklahoma City (24)
T12. Sacramento (24)
14. Houston (27)
15. San Antonio (T28)

Also, nuts excerpt from the Tier 3 article:

Meanwhile, Gilgeous-Alexander has become so good that he was almost too good for Oklahoma City’s draft-focused goals a season ago, as he was shut down for the season in late March. In terms of what makes him so good, here’s the list of players with higher career efficiency than SGA’s 51.9 percent on self-created attempts at a volume of at least 15 FGA/100: LeBron James, James Harden, Kyrie Irving, Chris Paul, Luka Doncic, Damian Lillard. That’s the list.

The Memphis-Syracuse game was going on the same time on ESPN2.

My buddies and I were watching that and the in game studio update from ESPN showed us the brawl and we immediately flipped over to ESPN.

I remember we were watching the end of the Pistons game at a buddys house before going out to the bars and I made one of my all time great calls, as things started to get going, I said something like "we should keep this game on the tv, Artest is crazy, anything could happen"

Yeah, can’t wait. Remember the highlights that night so vividly.

Remember being disgusted by the media “thug”, “hip hop”, and then by Stern’s absurd dress code.

And Jermaine O’Neil was on my fantasy team. That sliding punch was insane, lol.

Had no clue this doc was coming out till I heard interview with Jermaine on Gottleb’s radio show the other day. Looking forward to watching.

Last edited:
He was on my fantasy team. I was so mad when they shut him down. I lost in the finals. OKC cost me a championship.

Paul George will make $70 more than Kawhi Leonard this season.

The final article, tier 1, has now been published.

Not too surprising, his tier 1 guys are (not ranked within each subtier):

Tier 1A: LeBron, Durant, Giannis
Tier 1B: Harden, Kawhi, Jokic, Steph

The final article, tier 1, has now been published.

Not too surprising, his tier 1 guys are (not ranked within each subtier):

Tier 1A: LeBron, Durant, Giannis
Tier 1B: Harden, Kawhi, Jokic, Steph

Wonder if the Bucks won't win the title if Giannis drops down to 1b.

Was a little surprised Luka couldn't crack tier 1. Presumably next year

Wonder if the Bucks won't win the title if Giannis drops down to 1b.

Was a little surprised Luka couldn't crack tier 1. Presumably next year
Yeah, he mentioned that he was planning on having Giannis in 1B until he took his game to the insane NBA Finals level that he played at. I was a bit surprised by Luka too; I think maybe Harden gets an edge over Luka because he's proven he can play both on and off the ball now (not really Luka's fault as his team just doesn't have much talent around him) and Harden is a bit better defensively too.

Yeah, he mentioned that he was planning on having Giannis in 1B until he took his game to the insane NBA Finals level that he played at. I was a bit surprised by Luka too; I think maybe Harden gets an edge over Luka because he's proven he can play both on and off the ball now (not really Luka's fault as his team just doesn't have much talent around him) and Harden is a bit better defensively too.
Imagine being a lesser defender than Harden.

No desire to rush things, life is whizzing by fast enough already, but I did perk up a bit when I realized the NBA season starts in two months. Be still, my heart. I feel a happy ending (hey-oh!) is in Carmelo’s future.

A lot of people are saying Deuce McBride is going to win ROY. I'm not saying it! But a lot of people seem to be saying it.