NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Sounds like a good analysis of the trade and fair reason for all teams. The change in "mix" of middling 30+ year olds may help the Clips.

Sounds like a good analysis of the trade and fair reason for all teams. The change in "mix" of middling 30+ year olds may help the Clips.

I don’t understand the cap, at other than the basics, but if salaries have to be equal, how does this work?

I don’t understand the cap, at other than the basics, but if salaries have to be equal, how does this work?

Salaries have to be equal within a factor of 125% (I think)

So if a team send out $16 million in salary as an example they can take back $20 million in salary. So in that situation one of the teams would save $4m in salary (I also think there are situations where it can be 150%). I assume in this case Bledsoe's salary is less than Rondo + Beverley.

The luxury tax, and moreso the luxury repeater tax % in the NBA is pretty high - I think it's over 300% of the excess over the luxury tax line in certain situations. So if you cut say $4 million in salary and are over the tax line, you could save $16 million in payroll in certain situations.

Salaries have to be equal within a factor of 125% (I think)

So if a team send out $16 million in salary as an example they can take back $20 million in salary. So in that situation one of the teams would save $4m in salary (I also think there are situations where it can be 150%). I assume in this case Bledsoe's salary is less than Rondo + Beverley.

The luxury tax, and moreso the luxury repeater tax % in the NBA is pretty high - I think it's over 300% of the excess over the luxury tax line in certain situations. So if you cut say $4 million in salary and are over the tax line, you could save $16 million in payroll in certain situations.
Including Oturu, it’s a difference of about $6 million. The Clippers needed to free up roster space as well. I think that (and the trade exception they picked up) will prove to be a bigger factor in this deal, as they could still give Mann an extension.

Based on summer league, I'm good with Knicks Picks.
Grimes/McBride made 11 of the Knicks' 21 3's tonight, and as tough on D as advertised.

Wondering if they may take minutes from IQ, who had ups/downs in summer league?
Better defenders, and shoot the 3 at least as well as IQ.

And Jericho Sims, he could be special:
Never watched summer league before -ready for the NBA reason to start!

How is this extension this cheap?
This is a perfect trade fodder salary.
I would have thought Smart would command over 20+ million per year.

Based on summer league, I'm good with Knicks Picks.
Grimes/McBride made 11 of the Knicks' 21 3's tonight, and as tough on D as advertised.

Wondering if they may take minutes from IQ, who had ups/downs in summer league?
Better defenders, and shoot the 3 at least as well as IQ.

And Jericho Sims, he could be special:
Never watched summer league before -ready for the NBA reason to start!
IQ is streaky and Sims seems like a back up piece in case Mitch doesn't get a deal. I think its a good sign that based strictly off summer league which is dicey I know, that both new guards may be more steady than IQ who I love.

IQ is streaky and Sims seems like a back up piece in case Mitch doesn't get a deal. I think its a good sign that based strictly off summer league which is dicey I know, that both new guards may be more steady than IQ who I love.
Mitch still in a boot as of last week -his injury status/history could also lead to Sims minutes?
Love IQ also, but as noted he's streaky -and also can be a liability on defense.
Rookie guards are both Thibs Level Defenders.

Knicks gave Boston a 17 million dollar trade exception for 2 2nd round picks one of which Boston got in the Thompson deal from Atlanta.

KNICKS ON XMAS DAY, BABY!

I wish they flipped Boston and Miami let Miami go into Milwaukee and get the automatic loss on Christmas.

Or put Zion at Milwaukee on that game with New Orleans.

Will save them the time of covering all the Lakers banners every game!
And the upcoming Clippers banners deserve to be hung someplace worthy, not that old dump they call Staples Center.

I really wish he never went to the Dubs. I'm not saying he should have stayed in OKC, but man I would have loved to see Steph just be the main guy on that crew.

The NBAPA turning down the cap smoothing option, leading to the Warriors having space to sign Durant that summer totally changed the landscape of the league. Its really incredible to think about

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom