NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

I'd bet my life savings that Boston being interested and "any potential deal would have to include Jaylen Brown" are two completely independent things. Boston probably has interest if they can get Simmons for a package built around Marcus Smart or Al Horford. Philly is probably only interested if they can get Jaylen or Jayson.

FDrnl-wWEAUePMq

Brown's a better player than Simmons is now I think. What else is Philly ponying up?

I'd bet my life savings that Boston being interested and "any potential deal would have to include Jaylen Brown" are two completely independent things. Boston probably has interest if they can get Simmons for a package built around Marcus Smart or Al Horford. Philly is probably only interested if they can get Jaylen or Jayson.

FDrnl-wWEAUePMq
A blockbuster deal within the division from two teams that have battled in the playoffs recently would be insane. Doesn’t seem like a situation that happens very often.

FDrnl-wWEAUePMq
Why would Boston even think of doing this ? Brown is a great 94 foot player who can actually shoot and is known to be great off the court .. Simmons is a talented player with huge deficiencies in certain areas and a head case

The only way I do the trade if I am Boston is if I can convince Philly to take Marcus Smart and/or Robert Williams. Simmons isn’t worth the headache.

The only way I do the trade if I am Boston is if I can convince Philly to take Marcus Smart and/or Robert Williams. Simmons isn’t worth the headache.
Why would you get rid of Williams? He's the only real size Boston has. Old Al isn't what he used to be. I hate the idea of losing Smart's defense, but Simmons can match that. At least Simmons doesn't take stupid early in the shot clock threes, so at least that would be a plus.

Why would you get rid of Williams? He's the only real size Boston has. Old Al isn't what he used to be. I hate the idea of losing Smart's defense, but Simmons can match that. At least Simmons doesn't take stupid early in the shot clock threes, so at least that would be a plus.

I wouldn't, but it seems like Boston wants to make a move just to make a move because they aren't convinced this group can figure it out together. The one thing I can't stand about the modern NBA is the lack of patience in letting teams develop.

Brown's a better player than Simmons is now I think. What else is Philly ponying up?
Embe
I wouldn't, but it seems like Boston wants to make a move just to make a move because they aren't convinced this group can figure it out together. The one thing I can't stand about the modern NBA is the lack of patience in letting teams develop.
especially since the regular season means next to nothing

This isn't exactly an original take, but I've been real surprised by how much contact the refs have let go. Not just the bs Harden/Trae fouls they arent calling, but even just stuff on drives where I'm expecting to hear a whistle and it never comes.

I'm not complaining, it seems like the game is really flowing well this year. Except for those damn take fouls...

Yeah, I thought the last two point guard choices were awful after Kyrie flamed out so spectacularly. Shroder is a bad PG in my mind, so I get it.

Can anyone explain why Lakers/Hornets on NBATV would be blocked in my area? I live in upstate NY.

I’m used to Knicks/Nets games on NBATV being blocked depending on the status of MSG/Yes with YouTubeTV.

But I’m at a complete loss as to why Lakers/Hornets would be blocked? I was all psyched to watch the first half. This is extremely annoying.

I like that the Celts keep trying to tinker and take risks. Not afraid to take a chance not weirdos either. ;)

Can anyone explain why Lakers/Hornets on NBATV would be blocked in my area? I live in upstate NY.

I’m used to Knicks/Nets games on NBATV being blocked depending on the status of MSG/Yes with YouTubeTV.

But I’m at a complete loss as to why Lakers/Hornets would be blocked? I was all psyched to watch the first half. This is extremely annoying.
False alarm!!! I guess it still had the “blocked” message up from the Nets/Bulls game earlier, and the Lakers game didn’t start at 10:30 - it’s just getting started now!

1st quarter: 35-27 Bulls
Halftime: 57-51 Nets
* I fell asleep in the 3rd.
3rd quarter: 78-76 Nets
Final: 118-95 Bulls
** Woke up after the 42-17 4th quarter.

Bulls are legit. The scoring duo of DeRozan and LaVine is a lot of fun. I don't know of this is sustainable having 2 guys from the same team in the top 5 of the league...
Screenshot_20211109-005846_Chrome.jpg

Who was the best scoring duo of all time for a season?

False alarm!!! I guess it still had the “blocked” message up from the Nets/Bulls game earlier, and the Lakers game didn’t start at 10:30 - it’s just getting started now!

Yeah that one had me scratching my head, glad it worked out

Saw this stat on the ESPN bottom line this morning: the Nets scored below 100 points for the 4th time this season last night. They scored below 100 points 4 times the entire season last year...

I think Steph is actually underrated. He tends to be classified as "the greatest shooter of all-time" as opposed to "one of the greatest players of all-time."
The resume is top notch, and he’s one of the biggest “impact on the game” guys in that he changed the way the game is played.

The resume is top notch, and he’s one of the biggest “impact on the game” guys in that he changed the way the game is played.
When he's done I think you'll be able to make an argument that he's amongst the bottom of the Top 10 all-time group with guys like Duncan, Kobe, Olajuwon, etc. That next group after MJ, Lebron, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Kareem, Russell.

It’s too bad I couldn’t watch the Melo or Steph highlights on Sportscenter this morning. Instead I got the beginning of a 5 month biography on Coach K.

It’s too bad I couldn’t watch the Melo or Steph highlights on Sportscenter this morning. Instead I got the beginning of a 5 month biography on Coach K.
They are SO bad with their narratives that they decide they will cram down on our throats. Just….the worst sports shows out there. Sad.

The children of the 90s would absolutely eat up some 90s style sportscenter these days. Who the hell else is going to watch? Gen Z/young millenials/kids don’t even watch television. They should be catering to us with the simple nostalgia of a 1996 style sportscenter.

Last edited:
They should be catering to us with the simple nostalgia of a 1996 style sportscenter.
I would give anything for Sportscenter to bring back that classic saxophone music intro.

I wish the show was simpler. Just give me straight highlights of every sporting event. There's just too much filler/nonsense.