NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Curry with the first 50 burger of the season. And Jokic laying out Morris... I should not say I liked it...
Morris is a massive clown and he gave him a pretty hard foul right before that in a game that was already over. A classic punk Morris move to be sure. That being said Jokic really did give him some severe whiplash with that hit after. That is a ton of force to put into a guy with his back turned. Morris sucks but Jokic has proven to be a hot head too, even if it is true that he gets beat up every game without getting a lot of calls. At least square up to Morris before giving him the business.

Morris is a massive clown and he gave him a pretty hard foul right before that in a game that was already over. A classic punk Morris move to be sure. That being said Jokic really did give him some severe whiplash with that hit after. That is a ton of force to put into a guy with his back turned. Morris sucks but Jokic has proven to be a hot head too, even if it is true that he gets beat up every game without getting a lot of calls. At least square up to Morris before giving him the business.
It’s just weird to me to see the general NBA fan celebrating Jokic shoving a guy in the back.

Same people who give Melo crap for tapping Mardy Collins’ jaw and then NOT standing there and fighting the entire Knicks team. He took his shot and backpedaled out of there as anyone in a fight with some common sense would do.

Sports fans get sucked into narratives - who is “cool” to like/hate on, way too easily.

It’s just weird to me to see the general NBA fan celebrating Jokic shoving a guy in the back.

Same people who give Melo crap for tapping Mardy Collins’ jaw and then NOT standing there and fighting the entire Knicks team. He took his shot and backpedaled out of there as anyone in a fight with some common sense would do.

Sports fans get sucked into narratives - who is “cool” to like/hate on, way too easily.
Exactly. How can you talk about what Jokic did being bad ass and "old school" while complaining that Morris made a dirty play? They are both dirty plays and what Jokic did was without question way more dirty. Rolls reversed and there is no way people even discuss the first foul. It would be Nugs fans talking about whether or not Morris should be charged with a felony or something for whiplashing Jokic after the whistle.

Exactly. How can you talk about what Jokic did being bad ass and "old school" while complaining that Morris made a dirty play? They are both dirty plays and what Jokic did was without question way more dirty. Rolls reversed and there is no way people even discuss the first foul. It would be Nugs fans talking about whether or not Morris should be charged with a felony or something for whiplashing Jokic after the whistle.
Yeah, but Joker actually showed some remorse, something neither of the Morris twins is capable of.

Patrick Beverley anyone?

Saw this stat on the ESPN bottom line this morning: the Nets scored below 100 points for the 4th time this season last night. They scored below 100 points 4 times the entire season last year...
Bucks already exceeded their number from last year too. I think they've done it 4 or 5 times this season after doing it 3 or 4 times the prior year. Milwaukee is playing some absolutely terrible basketball right now with all of their players besides Giannis being out.

Are people saying that Jokic was bad ass after that? I don't really care enough to really dive into it, but the reception I've seen was more like "Jokic and his brothers are scary and Morris started it."

Are people saying that Jokic was bad ass after that? I don't really care enough to really dive into it, but the reception I've seen was more like "Jokic and his brothers are scary and Morris started it."
Well a lot of the people specifically commending Jokic are clearly Nugs fans, which is too be expected on some level, but there are lots of takes like this essentially defending the guy or putting the focus on Morris. Morris sucks but his actions in this instance don't deserve nearly as much attention IMO. I bet the foul would not be discussed at all if not for the Jokic retaliation.

Well a lot of the people specifically commending Jokic are clearly Nugs fans, which is too be expected on some level, but there are lots of takes like this essentially defending the guy or putting the focus on Morris. Morris sucks but his actions in this instance don't deserve nearly as much attention IMO. I bet the foul would not be discussed at all if not for the Jokic retaliation.

Morris did knee to knee contact on that cheap foul. That's super dangerous.

Jokic overreacted in his response, but let's be real, it's the equivalent of a goon trying to take out/rattle a star in hockey with a cheap shot.

Morris did knee to knee contact on that cheap foul. That's super dangerous.

Jokic overreacted in his response, but let's be real, it's the equivalent of a goon trying to take out/rattle a star in hockey with a cheap shot.
First time really noticing that. I have a tough time looking at that and thinking the knee contact was 100% an intentional attempt by Morris to knock knees and injure Jokic's knee. Given his history I guess it is a possibility, but it doesn't look like some sort of Zaza Pachulia situation where there is no doubt.

First time really noticing that. I have a tough time looking at that and thinking the knee contact was 100% an intentional attempt by Morris to knock knees and injure Jokic's knee. Given his history I guess it is a possibility, but it doesn't look like some sort of Zaza Pachulia situation where there is no doubt.
He’s still my new favorite player for stomping the cheap shot master and instigator

Please .. Morris went full euro football star in his over the top dramatic reaction..if you’re going to cheap shot someone don’t turn your back and act shocked when they react

Bill Simmons is a hack.

This is basically what happens when either of the Morris twins does something dirty. People over analyze. Did he intend to make contact? Of course. Was it over the top? Absolutely. But there’s no way he specifically was going after Jokic’s knee.

Some people said the same thing when Ingles bumped Leonard, as if he knew he was causing the ACL tear. Highly unlikely.

He’s still my new favorite player for stomping the cheap shot master and instigator

Please .. Morris went full euro football star in his over the top dramatic reaction..if you’re going to cheap shot someone don’t turn your back and act shocked when they react
So Chris Paul deserved the shove in the back from Beverley, right? Right?

Even if it’s not intentional, it’s still a consequence of his cheap shot.

NBATV game was Pistons-Rockets. Jerami Grant had 35, and all they did was talk about Cunningham and Jalen Green the whole time.

Holy narrative.

The Bulls are getting off to a rocky start of their 5-game west coast trip (before it even starts). Vucevic tested positive for Covid, so he won't be going and is out at least 10 days. Vuc guarded Embiid for a good part of their recent 2 games vs. the 76ers. Joel and 2 other Sixers tested positive during the 2-game stretch or just after. The Bulls are fully vaxxed.