NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

This is why the Malice at the Palace reactions were a bad thing.

The thought that, this guy “could” come over here and punch me in the face can curb a lot of negative behaviors.

Can you imagine telling another person that you hope their teenage son dies in a car wreck? Just disgusting people.

If you say that in pretty much any other setting you’d be beat to sleep. For some reason at sporting events people feel like it’s fine and LeBron would probably be punished if he put his hands on that guy.

In my fantasy league matchup all categories were determined for tonight's final game except one.

I needed Russell Westbrook to get at least 5 turnovers to turnaround the TO category.
It was a tough ask, but he has 3 already in the first quarter.

Steph is out of this world.

Top three most valuable player in the NBA of all time.

I'm not sure where he ends up on the all time list in terms of best players ever, but it's going to be very high.

In my fantasy league matchup all categories were determined for tonight's final game except one.

I needed Russell Westbrook to get at least 5 turnovers to turnaround the TO category.
It was a tough ask, but he has 3 already in the first quarter.

And Russ had zero turnovers the rest of the game.

Is this a Syracuse jacket he’s wearing?

Suns/Dubs game felt like a playoff game. I know some key players were missing, but that was good basketball.

Depending on what Klay looks like when he comes back and if the Dubs can even get a competent 10 mpg from Wiseman when he's healthy (which is a big if), I think they can win it all and win like 65 games.

I know Phoenix is very good. I know they should be in the thick of it. For some reason I cannot see them winning a WCF and the Finals if its GSW and then either Nets or Bucks. I don't know why, they are clearly very talented and balanced and have wing defenders for days.

Suns/Dubs game felt like a playoff game. I know some key players were missing, but that was good basketball.

Depending on what Klay looks like when he comes back and if the Dubs can even get a competent 10 mpg from Wiseman when he's healthy (which is a big if), I think they can win it all and win like 65 games.

I know Phoenix is very good. I know they should be in the thick of it. For some reason I cannot see them winning a WCF and the Finals if its GSW and then either Nets or Bucks. I don't know why, they are clearly very talented and balanced and have wing defenders for days.
I'm pretty excited the Warriors are awesome again with the potential to even go up a notch.

The Association is more fun when Steph is involved in the big outcomes.

The NBA finally concluded their "tampering" investigations on Miami (Lowry deal) and Chicago (Ball deal). Both teams will lose their next 2nd round pick.

The NBA finally concluded their "tampering" investigations on Miami (Lowry deal) and Chicago (Ball deal). Both teams will lose their next 2nd round pick.
I just assume the agents are all tampering, going through back channels, players putting out feelers, etc. Something must have been egregious or too widely known.

The penalty of only a 2nd round pick pretty much encourages teams to continue to tamper.

So .. wasted number 2 pick gets injured and rockets not only stop their crazy losing streak ..now they’ve won 4 in a row

The penalty of only a 2nd round pick pretty much encourages teams to continue to tamper.
Exactly. NBA teams throw 2nd round picks around like Huggy Bear throws down shots with Milhouse.

I'm pretty excited the Warriors are awesome again with the potential to even go up a notch.

The Association is more fun when Steph is involved in the big outcomes.

I think I love Steph more than anyone, and I can't believe how good the Warriors have been this season. I look at the roster; it doesnt totally make sense to me.

The Lonzo deal was a sign and trade that was announced immediately as the transaction window opened; it's literally impossible to get a sign and trade like that done right at the open without tampering. They should've just waited to announce!

They should give the Bucks their pick back

They should give the Bucks their pick back
Losing a mid first rounder isn’t even that big a deal when most drafts go about 10 deep

Losing a mid first rounder isn’t even that big a deal when most drafts go about 10 deep
Sure but it’s still a joke that the Bucks were “let off easy” because they didn’t actually get the player and their penalty was the same as two teams that got the player. Especially when the info that came out after the fact suggests that the reason they ultimately didn’t get the player is because they forgot to tamper.

Sure but it’s still a joke that the Bucks were “let off easy” because they didn’t actually get the player and their penalty was the same as two teams that got the player. Especially when the info that came out after the fact suggests that the reason they ultimately didn’t get the player is because they forgot to tamper.

I didn't see that, what are the details on that? How did they think t hey had a sign and trade essentially done before the negotiating window opened if they didnt tamper?