NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Sure but it’s still a joke that the Bucks were “let off easy” because they didn’t actually get the player and their penalty was the same as two teams that got the player. Especially when the info that came out after the fact suggests that the reason they ultimately didn’t get the player is because they forgot to tamper.
Not sure if this is written about on the Bucks boards but I was told from a good source (neighbor works for the Kings) that Bogdan's camp leaked the trade after getting a better contract offer from Atlanta... are you suggesting that if the bucks continued to recruit him they would have had a better chance of keeping him?

I didn't see that, what are the details on that? How did they think t hey had a sign and trade essentially done before the negotiating window opened if they didnt tamper?
As the story goes, they had had the deal done with the team but never actually talked to the player. Bogdanovic ultimately had no interest in the contract that needed to be signed in order to complete the trade. And once the deal leaked out, his agent then went to Atlanta and had them tamper with him in discussions so that he was ready to sign with them instead. Windhorst reported the details of his contract with Atlanta before they were legally allowed to discuss anything too lol.

Ultimately, the Bucks are probably better long term without him. We got Grayson Allen far cheaper and he’s been very good, not to mention we got to keep Donte (if he ever returns). A 2nd round pick isn’t a big deal and we got our title. But it’s funny that the NBA let us off the hook lightly because we didn’t actually get Bogdanovic while we were penalized the same amount as two teams that got their guy (and two significantly better players at that).

This is what you get from your 3 time DPOY on a key possession down the stretch. Totally insane. Make room in your case for another trophy Rudy.

This is what you get from your 3 time DPOY on a key possession down the stretch. Totally insane. Make room in your case for another trophy Rudy.

That will be an interesting vote as Draymond is lobbing hard for it and the media loves him.

That will be an interesting vote as Draymond is lobbing hard for it and the media loves him.
The Warriors are #1 in defense and tied for the best record in the league but Rudy is arguably having his best season ever. 14.7 rbg, 2.26 bpg and .96 spg while Draymond is only at 8 rpg, 1 bpg and 1.32 spg. Those numbers just dwarf Draymond's.

The Warriors are #1 in defense and tied for the best record in the league but Rudy is arguably having his best season ever. 14.7 rbg, 2.26 bpg and .96 spg while Draymond is only at 8 rpg, 1 bpg and 1.32 spg. Those numbers just dwarf Draymond's.
Not only that... we know that Draymond's overall impact is low when the team around him isn't good, whereas Gobert pretty much singlehandedly makes whatever team he's on have an elite defense.

Not only that... we know that Draymond's overall impact is low when the team around him isn't good, whereas Gobert pretty much singlehandedly makes whatever team he's on have an elite defense.
So I googled "NBA Defensive Player Rankings" and Rudy was ranked something like 32nd. Not sure how they figure the calculation but all you have to do is watch his games to see how much he impacts the shots taken but more importantly the shots not taken. If he doesn't get it again this year something is wrong.

The Warriors defense is miles better than anyone else's this year; they're allowing 100.9/100, second place is the Suns at 104.7. That's the same difference as between the Suns and Denver, who is 15th overall/

If the Warriors keep up this level of defense, I think Draymond has to be the winner. But that isn't a slight to Rudy. They're probably the two best defensive players in the league?

The Warriors defense is miles better than anyone else's this year; they're allowing 100.9/100, second place is the Suns at 104.7. That's the same difference as between the Suns and Denver, who is 15th overall/

If the Warriors keep up this level of defense, I think Draymond has to be the winner. But that isn't a slight to Rudy. They're probably the two best defensive players in the league?
So what's Draymond doing differently this season that wasn't happening in season's past? Genuine question, I really don't know.

So what's Draymond doing differently this season that wasn't happening in season's past? Genuine question, I really don't know.

(sarcastic?) answer: trying harder? Maybe not relative to last season, but the team was awful 2 years ago.

He's won the award before and been first team all defense 4x and is widely considered a great defensive player, so it's not like this is coming out of nowhere. He's a great, versatile, smart defender, and is keying the (by far) best defense in the league.

(sarcastic?) answer: trying harder? Maybe not relative to last season, but the team was awful 2 years ago.

He's won the award before and been first team all defense 4x and is widely considered a great defensive player, so it's not like this is coming out of nowhere. He's a great, versatile, smart defender, and is keying the (by far) best defense in the league.
Yeah, just weird when a great defensive player falls off due to effort. If it is that.

To answer Jeff’s question…Yes, a possession that ended with an actual stop. Gobert kept knocking it back to the Cavs and could have been called for defensive three seconds or out of bounds.

Obviously he’s very skilled, but if this was Jesse Edwards against Georgetown, at least 14 posters on this board would have an aneurysm screaming for someone to get a rebound.

rockets win again 7th in a row vs the nets ..

Sure Brooklyn didn’t have Durant , but they did have some guy named David Duke Jr ….not the Klansman’s son I assume

rockets win again 7th in a row vs the nets ..

Sure Brooklyn didn’t have Durant , but they did have some guy named David Duke Jr ….not the Klansman’s son I assume
The heck were that guy’s parents thinking?

Good grief. My Bulls now have 9 active players in protocols with Zach being the latest. They basically have Lonzo, Caruso, Vuc, and some random dudes available who were called up or signed off the street.

To sum up, Bulls have these 9 players in protocols: White, Green, DeRozan, Thomas, Jones Jr., Dosunmu, Johnson, LaVine, Brown Jr.

Plus two broadcasters in Stacey King and Bill Wennington.

White and Green have windows open this week to return.

Bulls play Pistons Tuesday.