NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

When does the league postpone games, or is that not a thing this season?

I think the League rarely postponed games last year but I stand to be corrected. Raptors went through similar issues for about 10 days last year that were pretty bad although not quite the same number of players. The problem with the Raptors was the players it hit.

There was a stretch of games that they were missing 3 of the 4 best players (FVV, OG, Siakam)... went from 16-15 to 1-9 the next 10 games and the season effectively over. Which was probably a good thing given we got Barnes out of it.

Last edited:
We got any fringe NBA dudes that could maybe get a game or 2 in?

Andrew White?

Knicks fans were getting way too obnoxious. This is a needed dose of reality IMO.

Knicks fans were getting way too obnoxious. This is a needed dose of reality IMO.
Last year they won the championship? Didn’t you see them pouring onto the streets after that big post season win!!

Oh wait .. that was game 1

I guess 10 players in protocol is the magic number to get a game or games postponed. Bulls hit 10 earlier today, so they have the 8- player league minimum of active players needed to play a game. Tomorrow (Pistons) and Thursday's (Raptors) games have been postponed.

The virus is starting to cause real issues in the NBA. I would be surprised if the Raptors don't have cases that pop up in the next week. NBA will need to re-evaluate a few things.

Raptors are still +4, and +150 on the money line against this lineup.

Anything is possible with Durant, but man I feel good about the value of my bet I dropped earlier in the day (Money Line +210)

Why are NBA coaches so stubborn? What's it going to take for Thibs to acknowledge that Kemba Walker was not the problem with the Knicks? He keeps running Fournier out there for 25 garbage minutes per night. Meanwhile, Kemba was averaging 12 ppg on 40% from three and he literally doesn't even take his warm-up suit off on gameday. Not only that, the team has performed worse since he got benched. It's a joke.

With boosters too? Classic. Guess not surprised most asymptomatic though. Can’t remember… what is the test protocol these days in the league? Are there still routine tests or only with reasoning ie contact?

With boosters too? Classic. Guess not surprised most asymptomatic though. Can’t remember… what is the test protocol these days in the league? Are there still routine tests or only with reasoning ie contact?

Daily testing for unvaccinated players but yeah I believe vaccinated players are only tested after suspected exposure.

Somewhat in-depth article regarding NBA trades that touches on salary implications and trade exemptions. Especially for teams that are at or near the threshold. It can cost a team a lot of money.

Yep, this is why Milwaukee ultimately let PJ Tucker walk. If they signed him to the deal that Miami gave him, it would have cost them an additional $15-20 million I believe.

Unfortunately this was inevitable. Surprised it took this long.. Lots of fans are on the fence. Did they really need to bring him in?

Unfortunately this was inevitable. Surprised it took this long.. Lots of fans are on the fence. Did they really need to bring him in?

I expect a lot of trades. Gobert is as good as gone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom