NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Darius Garland is getting REALLY, REALLY good.
27 points and 18 assists tonight. Crazy.

He’s got “Nash” potential IMO. Guy can really shoot and pass.

Sorry but I don't get this Cam Reddish trade at all. Even though the Knicks didn't give up much of anything to get him. The guy has been a disappointment at Duke and for the Hawks. But mostly because he plays the same position as Barrett and isn't as good. So where does he he get major PT? He's not a SG. He's a 3. So is Barrett who doesn't handle or shoot well enough to play 36 minutes at SG. Maybe they are getting ready to trade Fournier to open minutes at SG? The Knicks need a major upgrade at PG to drastically improve the team. Not another 2/3 wing. Grimes is a player. Very good defender. Good shooter. Needs to play more not less. Likely to play less now with Reddish. The truth is revealed with minutes and Thibs will make the right decisions once he sees what's what. I hope.
I was the game last night. Hawks gave Cam a nice return welcome back and thank you for 3 years. But Cam was on the bench in street clothes. Is he hurt or was he a healthy inactive? Knox was dressed and warmed up with the Hawks, but he did not play.

I was the game last night. Hawks gave Cam a nice return welcome back and thank you for 3 years. But Cam was on the bench in street clothes. Is he hurt or was he a healthy inactive? Knox was dressed and warmed up with the Hawks, but he did not play.
Reddish sprained his ankle in the last game he played with the Hawks. May be out a couple weeks.

Lakers were turrible last night against Denver, LeBron blew off the post-game media b.s., a rare move by him.

Looks like he, Pelinka & Buss had a chat.

One thought: a trade’s comin’.

Another thought: maybe someone should make a welfare check on Russ.

Lakers were turrible last night against Denver, LeBron blew off the post-game media b.s., a rare move by him.

I can’t believe Westbrook isn’t working out. Nobody saw this coming.

Just too many guys in and out of the lineup. AD has missed 16. Bron has missed 12. THT in and out. Reaves in and out, Ariza mostly out. Nunn still hasn’t played. Endless lineup experiments.

The lack of continuity since they won the title has been insane.

I’m amazed at how a veteran athletic guy who “plays hard” is so bad on defense. If Russ could/would defend it would solve a lot of issues. But he doesn’t.

Just too many guys in and out of the lineup. AD has missed 16. Bron has missed 12. THT in and out. Reaves in and out, Ariza mostly out. Nunn still hasn’t played. Endless lineup experiments.

The lack of continuity since they won the title has been insane.

I’m amazed at how a veteran athletic guy who “plays hard” is so bad on defense. If Russ could/would defend it would solve a lot of issues. But he doesn’t.
It’s not like the injuries to AD and LBJ are a surprise either. The other guys you mentioned shouldn’t make a difference either way. There are plenty of cheap, average swing men on that roster.

I give Gobert credit because he always seems to be challenging though, most don't do it anymore because of what happened to him. Gobert doesn't care because he wins a lot of those too

On Tuesday the Lakers were back.

Today everyone’s melting down over Russ getting benched.

On Tuesday the Lakers were back.

Today everyone’s melting down over Russ getting benched.

Vogel apparently got the green light from management to do what he feels he has to do — including benching Russ at the end of the game because he kept getting burned on defense. I’d rather see Malik Monk in there, apparently so did Vogel.

And Carmelo — ouch. “Can’t guard a parked car.” His defense did suck.

Vogel apparently got the green light from management to do what he feels he has to do — including benching Russ at the end of the game because he kept getting burned on defense. I’d rather see Malik Monk in there, apparently so did Vogel.

Perk looks like he's gained a hundred pounds this year. Covid has been rough on everyone I guess.

Wasn’t this Melo’s first game back?

Anyway, this isn’t on Vogel. He’s working with what he has.

This is on Pelinka for assembling the roster without a real plan. He did the same thing last year, going after a bunch of shiny objects without considering how they would fit in. Because said shiny objects are expensive, the remaining depth is comprised of cheap help. It took him three or four years to figure out if he wanted Melo. And it’s been a revolving door with Rondo over the same time frame.

We all knew Harrell wasn’t a match. We all knew Westbrook wasn’t a match. This is basic stuff for a GM.

I’m sure LBJ gives more input than Vogel.

Anyway, this isn’t on Vogel. He’s working with what he has.

This is on Pelinka for assembling the roster without a real plan. He did the same thing last year, going after a bunch of shiny objects without considering how they would fit in. Because said shiny objects are expensive, the remaining depth is comprised of cheap help. It took him three or four years to figure out if he wanted Melo. And it’s been a revolving door with Rondo over the same time frame.

We all knew Harrell wasn’t a match. We all knew Westbrook wasn’t a match. This is basic stuff for a GM.

I’m sure LBJ gives more input than Vogel.

I think it probably makes sense to see how things go when they are able to develop some form of continuity and aren’t without Bron or AD.

They’ve had guys in and out all year. If they’re able to get healthy I think they’ll be in the conversation of contenders. They still have a few months and almost half the regular season left to get things cleaned up.

I think it probably makes sense to see how things go when they are able to develop some form of continuity and aren’t without Bron or AD.

They’ve had guys in and out all year. If they’re able to get healthy I think they’ll be in the conversation of contenders. They still have a few months and almost half the regular season left to get things cleaned up.
Hasn’t “wait until they get healthy” been the refrain all year? Guys keep getting hurt or don’t make any progress (like Nunn). We knew AD and LBJ would get hurt at some point. And Westbrook was supposed to help them overcome that.

This is who they are. And frankly, any injured player not named AD or LBJ shouldn’t make a difference. We’re talking about a bunch of replacement-level players. Whatever happened to, “Next man up?”