NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Hasn’t “wait until they get healthy” been the refrain all year? Guys keep getting hurt or don’t make any progress (like Nunn). We knew AD and LBJ would get hurt at some point. And Westbrook was supposed to help them overcome that.

This is who they are. And frankly, any injured player not named AD or LBJ shouldn’t make a difference. We’re talking about a bunch of replacement-level players. Whatever happened to, “Next man up?”

It’s probably been the refrain all year because it hasn’t happened yet.

The way people talk it’s like they pretend 15 months ago AD and Bron didn’t dominate on the way to a championship. Or last March Bron wasn’t arguably the front runner for MVP and Lakers the favorite to win it all before Hill rolled up Bron’s ankle.

IF, IF Bron and AD are healthy and the supporting cast settles in they’ll be right there come playoff time with as good a chance as anyone.

It’s probably been the refrain all year because it hasn’t happened yet.

The way people talk it’s like they pretend 15 months ago AD and Bron didn’t dominate on the way to a championship. Or last March Bron wasn’t arguably the front runner for MVP and Lakers the favorite to win it all before Hill rolled up Bron’s ankle.

IF, IF Bron and AD are healthy and the supporting cast settles in they’ll be right there come playoff time with as good a chance as anyone.
Precisely.

I haven't posted in a while but that reddit thread is awesome.

I think Durant has a good chance to end up Nets GOAT. Probably at least need a finals appearance though.
I might move Luka from possible to likely? Maybe too early to say that though. Kinda think Ja should be a likely as well

I haven't posted in a while but that reddit thread is awesome.

I think Durant has a good chance to end up Nets GOAT. Probably at least need a finals appearance though.
I might move Luka from possible to likely? Maybe too early to say that though. Kinda think Ja should be a likely as well

Agree on KD and Luka and Ja. If they stick around, they all should have it.

I can't believe Milwaukee is having Giannis passing KAJ. KAJ is top three player of all time. But I get the six seasons.

BTW, if Giannis wins another MVP and one more Finals... He's going to be in some rarified air.

Agree on KD and Luka and Ja. If they stick around, they all should have it.

I can't believe Milwaukee is having Giannis passing KAJ. KAJ is top three player of all time. But I get the six seasons.

BTW, if Giannis wins another MVP and one more Finals... He's going to be in some rarified air.

Kareem's 6 seasons in Milwaukee were pretty ridiculous.
All NBA first team 4x. Second team once. 3 MVPs. Finished second once. Finished third once. Finished 5th once. So his worst season was fifth in MVP. (weird he didnt even make 2nd team all NBA that season. No third team back then)

For the first 5 seasons there, they never finished worse than 56 wins, which was his rookie year. They did crater in the 6th season.

From an individual perspective, I'm not sure anyone has ever had a better first 5 seasons in the league? 4X first team, 3 MVPs, and 2 other top 3 finishes. It kinda blows my mind Kareem spent the 4 years in college. He was basically the best player in the league the minute he stepped on the floor; I wonder how early in his college career that would've been the case as well. I would think for his final 2 seasons at UCLA he probably was basically a first team all NBA performer.

Russell is an interesting one, because by MVP voting he started his career 7, 1, 2, 2, 1 (plus another 1, 1 in the next 2 seasons) but he "only" had 1 All NBA first team and 3 second teams in the first 5 years.

Kareem's 6 seasons in Milwaukee were pretty ridiculous.
All NBA first team 4x. Second team once. 3 MVPs. Finished second once. Finished third once. Finished 5th once. So his worst season was fifth in MVP. (weird he didnt even make 2nd team all NBA that season. No third team back then)

For the first 5 seasons there, they never finished worse than 56 wins, which was his rookie year. They did crater in the 6th season.

From an individual perspective, I'm not sure anyone has ever had a better first 5 seasons in the league? 4X first team, 3 MVPs, and 2 other top 3 finishes. It kinda blows my mind Kareem spent the 4 years in college. He was basically the best player in the league the minute he stepped on the floor; I wonder how early in his college career that would've been the case as well. I would think for his final 2 seasons at UCLA he probably was basically a first team all NBA performer.

Russell is an interesting one, because by MVP voting he started his career 7, 1, 2, 2, 1 (plus another 1, 1 in the next 2 seasons) but he "only" had 1 All NBA first team and 3 second teams in the first 5 years.

I think there is a very credible argument for KAJ as the best NBA player of all time, I don't think it's a question he was the best college player of all time and you are talking about a guy that dominated in NYC ball in HS.

If he was coming through now, he would make the coverage Bron got look like child's play.

AND HE WAS GREAT IN AIRPLANE!

Ewing is not the Knicks best player ever. Walt Frazier all day.
Let's not forget Harthorne Wingo.

A556EF3B-FA86-46A3-AA18-64E1A1C78258.jpeg

Wingo, fan favorite on '73 Knicks title team, dies

Dang. My 1st place Bulls (no longer after loss to Bucks last night along with a Nets win) are getting sniped by the injury bug... LaVine, then Ball, and Caruso. No thanks to the scum of the Earth, Grayson Allen, and that dirty play to Alex last night. Ball and Caruso will both be out 6-8 weeks.

Hopefully Eli gets a chance tonight for the Jazz as they are are battling a boatload of injuries once again.

One of my favorites as well. I don't own a lot of cards but his is one of them. He played locally for the Schaeffer Brewers as did a few names all of you will recognize. It was high flying basketball. No defense at all.

One of my favorites as well. I don't own a lot of cards but his is one of them. He played locally for the Schaeffer Brewers as did a few names all of you will recognize. It was high flying basketball. No defense at all.

Good read. I've been meaning to do some research on the old industrial leagues in that area. Apparently my grandfather was quite the baller before WWII shredded his knees.