NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Moreys irrational infatuation with old, fat harden is going to destroy that team. They’re far better off going after someone with less “name” recognition and more intangibles for that team.

Elijah may get a shot to play decent mins in Portland as they tank the rest of the way.
Not sure I understand Portland’s incentive here. Clear caps space to sign free agents who won’t go there ?

Not sure I understand Portland’s incentive here. Clear caps space to sign free agents who won’t go there ?
Yeah, they’re selling it publicly as clearing cap space to finally bring a star in to play with Dame. Obviously a lot of reason to be skeptical they can actually pull it off. They could also pivot to acquiring players in trade with their cap space before the deadline if they wish.

Think it's just flat out tanking. Looking at opening up 2 options for themselves instead of just being stuck in the middle.

Currently have 8th best lottery odds and are 2 games out of 5th. Goal has to be to end up with a top 3/4 pick and you can either sell that for a legit star to team with Dame or you sell off Dame as well for a package of young stars/picks and you build around Chet/Jabari/Ivey/Paolo along with Simons and a crap ton of cap space and whatever young star you got back in the Dame package.

Think it's just flat out tanking. Looking at opening up 2 options for themselves instead of just being stuck in the middle.

Currently have 8th best lottery odds and are 2 games out of 5th. Goal has to be to end up with a top 3/4 pick and you can either sell that for a legit star to team with Dame or you sell off Dame as well for a package of young stars/picks and you build around Chet/Jabari/Ivey/Paolo along with Simons and a crap ton of cap space and whatever young star you got back in the Dame package.
As a rockets fan, I’m paying close attention to these dudes … I think I like Jabari the most .. I think paolo is one of those guys that might be good right away…. But might be 90% of whats he’s going to be right now without much room for projection .. I like Chet as well as he’s just a rare combo of things .. high ceiling low floor .. Ivey has been growing on me and if the rockets avoid him just because they took green, might be a mistake.. move on from green if you have to

And nobody wants him.

Seems like the Raptors might be biting on THT from what I am reading -- can't see them giving up any real value -- Dragic going the other way. Also heard the Knicks might be involved in some three way variation of the deal.

Dragic has sat out most of the season so far.

At 35, Dragic probably can still play some bench role and would be one of the younger players on the Lakers.

Last edited:
Seems like the Raptors might be biting on THT from what I am reading -- can't see them giving up any real value -- Dragic going the other way. Also heard the Knicks might be involved in some three way variation of the deal.

Dragic has sat out most of the season so far.

At 35, Dragic probably can still play some bench role and would be one of the younger players on the Lakers.
Llooollllo one of the younger players … that’s cold

As a rockets fan, I’m paying close attention to these dudes … I think I like Jabari the most .. I think paolo is one of those guys that might be good right away…. But might be 90% of whats he’s going to be right now without much room for projection .. I like Chet as well as he’s just a rare combo of things .. high ceiling low floor .. Ivey has been growing on me and if the rockets avoid him just because they took green, might be a mistake.. move on from green if you have to

What are your thoughts on Green? I watched him versus the Pels the other night. Ridiculous athlete but haven't seen enough to really know. Porter is such a talent to if he can keep his head on. Obviously everyone would have taken Mobley if they could go back. Wood is solid too but tough to root for. Sengun looks like he will have a long career in the NBA.

Probably going to be an eye of the beholder draft with each of the 4 though Jabari may have separated himself a bit. Chet's body is terrifying but he should keep adding weight and is going to get stronger as he ages and seems like he could be like a souped up version of what everyone hoped KP would turn into after his rookie year. Think the same thing about Paolo, basically opposite of Chet in that it doesn't seem like he has much more room to physically develop. Ivey is a weird one, in 1 year has turned himself from a bad(26%) shooter from deep to really good(41%) on basically the same volume.

What are your thoughts on Green? I watched him versus the Pels the other night. Ridiculous athlete but haven't seen enough to really know. Porter is such a talent to if he can keep his head on. Obviously everyone would have taken Mobley if they could go back. Wood is solid too but tough to root for. Sengun looks like he will have a long career in the NBA.
I think green is a guy you don’t draft at 2.. never really thought it was a good pick just because of what he is. An Uber athletic small bodied guard without a consistent shot. Sure players shots develop and improve over time , but his form is worrisome and I don’t think the second overall pick is the place to around with that level of risk ..

He has a tough time getting to the line which really limits his value as a dribble drive heavy guy.. i think he’s going to be a solid nba rotation guy for his career who will once in a while tantalize you with the hopes of more but will ultimately disappoint..

Kpj will always be limited by his head .. sengun is really fun and will be one of those guys that can fit in really well with any team .. unfortunately he’s on a terrible one because his game really is suited to make good players better .. not bad players good

This is going to be fun to watch. Can Harden turn it back on to be 90-95% of prime Harden?

I think this trade benefits both teams pretty welll.
My initial worry was about 76ers depth but only really losing 2 guys off the current team and should be able to replace someone like Drummond via the buyout market pretty easily and Curry would've lost a bunch of minutes to Harden anyway.

My initial worry was about 76ers depth but only really losing 2 guys off the current team and should be able to replace someone like Drummond via the buyout market pretty easily and Curry would've lost a bunch of minutes to Harden anyway.
The Rivers family Thanksgiving will be a little awkward this year.

I’ll shoot my take. I think this is disaster for Sixers.

no issue dealing Simmons.

issue is giving Simmons to nets and Harden and Embiid together won’t work...AND Seth Curry

we’ll see how turns out

I’ll shoot my take. I think this is disaster for Sixers.

no issue dealing Simmons.

issue is giving Simmons to nets and Harden and Embiid together won’t work...AND Seth Curry

we’ll see how turns out
You are on to something. Looking at it in a vacuum…one could say “well, Simmons isn’t playing for you … so you’re basically getting harden for curry”

BUT … that’s not how it works. Because Simmons WILL be playing for the Nets and he has time to ramp up and get into shape by playoff time (which is all that matters ) and so now you’ve empowered one of your main competitors with a piece that fits hand in glove with their puzzle. Meanwhile , hardens fit in Philly is not as clearly a home run … we’ll see

You are on to something. Looking at it in a vacuum…one could say “well, Simmons isn’t playing for you … so you’re basically getting harden for curry”

BUT … that’s not how it works. Because Simmons WILL be playing for the Nets and he has time to ramp up and get into shape by playoff time (which is all that matters ) and so now you’ve empowered one of your main competitors with a piece that fits hand in glove with their puzzle. Meanwhile , hardens fit in Philly is not as clearly a home run … we’ll see
Yeah Sixers have to win the East THIS YEAR to ”win the trade”. Tough to do with Giannis still out there and if the vax stuff gets cleared before the playoffs