NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

I don’t understand this trade for Sactown.. unless they have some deal ready to go where they spin Sabonis to a contender .. otherwise you just traded a really good young player with a nice contract to win now ?
To be fair, Sabonis is also young. He’s like 25 right?

Pretty weird trade for them, but getting a borderline young all star plus other bits for Halliburton isn’t terrible. Just isn’t what I would be doing in their shoes.

The Portland trade is interesting too. They’re finally stocking up big time on cap space but man that team is rough now. They better hope they can actually convince someone to sign there.

Looks like Kings are all in on building around Fox. How much does Barnes make?

If you had to put your life savings on whether Ben Simmons will play in an All-Star Game again, would you say yes or no?

Love the trade for the Pacers. Hate it for Sac.

Sabonis has gone from underrated to overrated.

Guess they’re building around Fox, but not sure where that’s going to get you.

The Nets literally had nobody playing for them tonight and got crushed by Boston. Not that I feel bad for them.

Now down to 8th in the conference and now a full game out of the 6th spot (Toronto).

If the injuries persist for another 5-8 games they may create a hole big enough that will make it hard to avoid the play in.

The Nets literally had nobody playing for them tonight and got crushed by Boston. Not that I feel bad for them.

Now down to 8th in the conference and now a full game out of the 6th spot (Toronto).

If the injuries persist for another 5-8 games they may create a hole big enough that will make it hard to avoid the play in.
Boston embarrassed Brooklyn.
They jumped on them 28-2 to start the game.

Brooklyn had their guys out but that was embarrassing.
I like Boston’s chances at finishing top 6..

It will be Toronto-Boston-Brooklyn-Charlotte battling for 6th.

How does Morris do that to Morant and a Grizzly doesn't immediately go full Bob Probert on him? HOW!

To be fair, Sabonis is also young. He’s like 25 right?

Pretty weird trade for them, but getting a borderline young all star plus other bits for Halliburton isn’t terrible. Just isn’t what I would be doing in their shoes.

The Portland trade is interesting too. They’re finally stocking up big time on cap space but man that team is rough now. They better hope they can actually convince someone to sign there.
It's not just age, its also 2 years of control after this year vs 6 if the pacers extend Halliburton's deal, which they of course will. Sabonis has to agree to extend his deal in two years whereas Pacers have full control regarding Halliburton. Kings basically made a dumb move because they made dumb moves previously, and rather than let the sunk costs go..they tried to justify the dumb moves by making another... I mean they did pass on Doncic and Young for Bagley.

It's not just age, its also 2 years of control after this year vs 6 if the pacers extend Halliburton's deal, which they of course will. Sabonis has to agree to extend his deal in two years whereas Pacers have full control regarding Halliburton. Kings basically made a dumb move because they made dumb moves previously, and rather than let the sunk costs go..they tried to justify the dumb moves by making another... I mean they did pass on Doncic and Young for Bagley.
Yeah I get the logic behind it being a bad move for the Kings and I tend to agree. But the media is acting like it’s literally one of the worst trades of all time. Sacramento got an all star in return for a young guy that may or may not get to that level in the future. We’ve seen teams trade all stars and get almost nothing of value before. There’s been far far worse trades.

Yeah I get the logic behind it being a bad move for the Kings and I tend to agree. But the media is acting like it’s literally one of the worst trades of all time. Sacramento got an all star in return for a young guy that may or may not get to that level in the future. We’ve seen teams trade all stars and get almost nothing of value before. There’s been far far worse trades.

I think many NBA "fans" on social media watch youtube highlights and are more into the transactional nature of the NBA, salary cap ,and the drama than actually watch basketball games. Some may watch one team and just flap their gums about the remaining 29 teams and that is best case scenario.

The 10,000 podcasts as well as the daily talk shows don't help much either with "H0T Takes"

Last edited:
Giannis last night: 17-20 from the field, 44 points, 14 rebs, 8 assists, zero turnovers.
Unfortunately, the Bucks let the Lakers have a strong 4th quarter and cost me. I've been shying away from point spread betting and been pretty successful with parlays on money lines, but I've been testing out some live point spread bets as well. It's definitely easier to win when you take the point spread out of play, but I felt ambitious last night after winning a couple bets thanks to the ineptitude of the Knicks and Nets, so I did a seven-team point spread parlay and the Bucks were the only ones who failed to cover.

Unfortunately, the Bucks let the Lakers have a strong 4th quarter and cost me. I've been shying away from point spread betting and been pretty successful with parlays on money lines, but I've been testing out some live point spread bets as well. It's definitely easier to win when you take the point spread out of play, but I felt ambitious last night after winning a couple bets thanks to the ineptitude of the Knicks and Nets, so I did a seven-team point spread parlay and the Bucks were the only ones who failed to cover.
7 team parlay ATS? Wow .. that’s what ? 0.7%?

7 team parlay ATS? Wow .. that’s what ? 0.7%?
Actually, I misspoke. Only three of the seven were point spread (Orlando at Portland -8.5, Minn at Sac -10.5 and Bucks at Lakers -19.5) the other four were money line (Canucks over Coyotes, UCLA over Stanford, ROC vs Switzerland and Czech vs Denmark, which is this morning, but Czech is a huge favorite). It was mainly West Coast teams as I placed the bet at 11:30 last night and the odds were +1576 and the Bucks had a 24-point lead going into the 4th quarter. Obviously, a lesson to be learned there.

I agree - lot of hype over what Haliburton may be. Sabonis is a very good player.

I am reaching the "acceptance" stage on this trade. Yesterday I was pissed - we dumped our tickets to last night's game and probably will still hold off a couple weeks before going to another. Haliburton had become the face of the team and everyone's favorite (me included), and he genuinely wanted to be in Sac. So dumping a player like that in his second year is definitely questionable. Matt Barnes during the pregame yesterday mentioned that Tyrese cried and that he was told he would not be traded - that really pisses me off.
All that said, the Kings *may* be selling him at peak value. It's really bit them in the past not dumping someone like Buddy or Bogdan when they can get a meaningful asset in return. I also have to laugh at the idiot writers who are saying the Pacers stole Haliburton AND Buddy in this trade. Buddy is a negative asset, his contract sucks and he's one of the dumbest players I've ever seen play professional basketball. I'm well aware of him being a top 5 high volume 3 point shooter but that doesn't make up for his momentum killing chucks and god awful defense.

Last night was a good night for chalk eaters. Celtics, Jazz, Mavs, Grizz, Bucks, Hawks, Pelicans, T'wolves, Magic all covered easily.