NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

I think this trade benefits both teams pretty welll.

For this year it certainly does. Good deal for both. Philly becomes an elite contender.

The implosion value for the Sixers is quite high in a few years. As one guy mentioned imagine paying a 38 year old James Harden $62 million -- which will be his next contract extensin.

Biggest deal of the day so far Raptors get Thad Young!

Raptors board I am on is very upset that we gave up a first for young, but we got the Pistons second. So as of today we are trading pick #20 for pick #31. There is also lotto protection in case the Raps fall back and lose in the play in,

Here is what the Raptors get for moving down from #20 to #31.
- Thad Young
- Drew Eubanks (fringe big prospect, filler)
- Cap Relief and Exemption of around $4.0 million**
** As the Raptors were within a few hundred thousand of the tax line that cap relief allows them flexibility to now do a follow up fringe trade or get a player on the buyout market.

Would I have done the deal. Probably not. But its more meh - not a disaster from my view.

I’ll shoot my take. I think this is disaster for Sixers.

no issue dealing Simmons.

issue is giving Simmons to nets and Harden and Embiid together won’t work...AND Seth Curry

we’ll see how turns out
It’s a horrible deal for the 76ers.

Harden needs the ball and Embiid will get less touches.

Tobias Harris has to do the dirty work.
He is paid the max and will have to do the dirty work stuff.

Biggest deal of the day so far Raptors get Thad Young!

Raptors board I am on is very upset that we gave up a first for young, but we got the Pistons second. So as of today we are trading pick #20 for pick #31. There is also lotto protection in case the Raps fall back and lose in the play in,

Here is what the Raptors get for moving down from #20 to #31.
- Thad Young
- Drew Eubanks (fringe big prospect, filler)
- Cap Relief and Exemption of around $4.0 million**
** As the Raptors were within a few hundred thousand of the tax line that cap relief allows them flexibility to now do a follow up fringe trade or get a player on the buyout market.

Would I have done the deal. Probably not. But its more meh - not a disaster from my view.
Picks matter until draft day. Then everything outside the top 15 basically has minimal value. Teams in the 20s will trade down to the 30s for almost nothing.

It’s a horrible deal for the 76ers.

Harden needs the ball and Embiid will get less touches.

Tobias Harris has to do the dirty work.
He is paid the max and will have to do the dirty work stuff.
They had a 0% chance to win the championship an hour ago and now they have a 5-10% chance. That's the name of the game. It's going to be bad by 2024 but they aren't worrying about that now.

Picks matter until draft day. Then everything outside the top 15 basically has minimal value. Teams in the 20s will trade down to the 30s for almost nothing.
And save money

They had a 0% chance to win the championship an hour ago and now they have a 5-10% chance. That's the name of the game. It's going to be bad by 2024 but they aren't worrying about that now.
Really 0%? They could be the 1 seed without a trade

Wow I can’t believe Washington got off Dinwiddie and Bertans’ contracts so easily.

I’m a bit skeptical of the fit for both Simmons and Harden. Mainly for Simmons but the fit probably matters more for Harden given how big a role he’ll be playing. It’ll be a fascinating trade to look back on though.

Harden cementing himself as one of the most annoying stars ever though.

I always felt like I’d heard of this trade years and years ago ..but now I realize it was just memories of this ….

Wow I can’t believe Washington got off Dinwiddie and Bertans’ contracts so easily.

That's real interesting. Mavs going to swap out Brunson somewhere before the deadline? Seems odd to give up KP while being a playoff team when he's having his best seasons of his career by PER though also his worst 3P% season ever.

That's real interesting. Mavs going to swap out Brunson somewhere before the deadline? Seems odd to give up KP while being a playoff team when he's having his best seasons of his career by PER though also his worst 3P% season ever.
Sounds like they’re keeping Brunson and hoping he takes peanuts to stay instead of signing for big money elsewhere. Three guys that desperately want the ball in their hands will be an interesting new problem for Luka.

Sounds like they’re keeping Brunson and hoping he takes peanuts to stay instead of signing for big money elsewhere. Three guys that desperately want the ball in their hands will be an interesting new problem for Luka.
Wiz moves are pretty weird unless they plan on just tanking while letting KP cook or marinate on the bench. Moved out Dinwiddie, Bertans, Montrezl & Aaron Holiday. That's about 90mpg of PT with only KP coming back that is likely to play. Our old pal Thomas Bryant will soak up a bunch of mins as he gets back to full health and Hachimura just got back too so they may just throw out a bunch of kids and race to the bottom. They're at 11th pick as of now and have to imagine the Knicks, Pelicans, Kings and Spurs will pass them and get down to 7th. Not sure if they can catch Portland or Indy.

Somehow missed the Derrick White trade to Boston. Interesting moves to swap out Schroeder, Kanter, Langford, Richardson and a 1st for White and Theis.

Somehow missed the Derrick White trade to Boston. Interesting moves to swap out Schroeder, Kanter, Langford, Richardson and a 1st for White and Theis.
And apparently swap rights for another first round pick. I like White a lot but that was quite the return for the Spurs.

Not really a fan of the DiVincenzo trade but it becomes more important if Milwaukee’s been lying to us the whole time about Brook Lopez.

Hopefully we strike gold in the buyout market; I really don’t want to roll into the playoffs depending on George Hill and Wes Matthews playing major minutes.

Like the White trade.

Schroeder was a FA.
Langford wasn’t healthy enough.

They got a legit piece for a pick in the 20s.

Celtics late game D can be really good now.
White-Smart-Brown-Tatum-Williams

Is a really good defensive lineup.
Milwaukee would really be the only team i would fear with that lineup in the East. Minus Durant who can’t be stopped.