NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

For some reason Ben Simmons smirk from the bench makes me want the Mets to lose...every game.

This play in tourney is so dumb. These teams earned their 7 and 8 seeds after an 82 game season. The idea that they now have to play a couple gimmicky games to officially get in is so bizarre to me.

This play in tourney is so dumb. These teams earned their 7 and 8 seeds after an 82 game season. The idea that they now have to play a couple gimmicky games to officially get in is so bizarre to me.

I actually like it, but really its a matter of personal perspective of what someone prefers - so nobody is right or wrong here.

I like it because it puts importance in making the top 6 which actually adds some drama in itself.
If you don't want to be involved in a play in (one and out game) -- play better in the regular season.

There is also a big advantage of finishing 8th than 9th, so it also adds some drama on that end.

Last edited:
It’s slowing the start of the playoffs down for everybody else too.

I hate all these COVID era rules gimmicks that the NBA and especially MLB have jammed into the game.

Thought he did good work with the Warriors. Would like to see him get another job.

Really? I thought he did...not too well at all. He left the Warriors and the next season they became one of the best teams of all time. I know it's not that simple, but he didnt seem to unlock the greatest shooting backcourt of all time at all

Really? I thought he did...not too well at all. He left the Warriors and the next season they became one of the best teams of all time. I know it's not that simple, but he didnt seem to unlock the greatest shooting backcourt of all time at all
I don’t know….Curry took his leap under Jackson. Klay was in his first 3 years but got better each year.

I don’t know if he would’ve won championships there or not….thought he did a good job taking a terrible team to a good one though.

I don’t know….Curry took his leap under Jackson. Klay was in his first 3 years but got better each year.

I don’t know if he would’ve won championships there or not….thought he did a good job taking a terrible team to a good one though.

I also think he sucks on commentary so I could be biased against him (which is why I am very much in favor of him taking a coaching job!)

I do remember being at the 55 point Steph game at MSG which was kinda his coming out party which happened in the second to last Jackson season. I recall the book on Jackson was pretty unimaginative on offense but they did do really well on defense. His last year there they were 4th in the league in defense, which is impressive. But they were also 12th in offense, which feels impossible if you have Steph/Klay as your back court.

My problems begin and end with how many games he misses.

“Leadership” is just something people complain about with star players when the team isn’t doing good enough. IMO.

He’s a top 5 player in the league….when healthy. That health has just been a mess the last two years though.

If he’s going to stay in LA, I can only hope a long offseason will help him, and that his body breaking down was due to the insane schedule the Lakers faced going back to playing in the bubble from July-October and then starting a new season in December. Then having another short offseason before this season.

I don't think he is a top 5 player anymore. He has never stayed healthy for the most part, use to sit out even more with ticky tack injuries now you can tell that is has gotten too him through all the feedback on social media and TNT. His dislike of playing the 5 is also an issue now because he has gotten heavier and slower.

I think the leadership and not a franchise player complaints with AD are 100% spot on. I agree people complain too much but with him it fits perfectly. The shoe fits

I enjoyed that Wolves-Clippers game immensely and have hope Minnesota can give Memphis a run for their money and give us a fun series of two fun teams. Hoping for New Orleans and Charlotte to win tonight. I would absolutely love to see LaMelo against the Heat in the playoffs.

I enjoyed that Wolves-Clippers game immensely and have hope Minnesota can give Memphis a run for their money and give us a fun series of two fun teams. Hoping for New Orleans and Charlotte to win tonight. I would absolutely love to see LaMelo against the Heat in the playoffs.
I’ll be watching Minnesota-Memphis more than any other series, as far as first round matchups go.

Also rooting hard for Charlotte, though I have family there and go to a game most seasons, so I tend to pull for them a bit. Was rooting against ATL in the NY and a Philly series’s last year, so they’re a bit of a villain to me already.

I like all the remaining play-in teams from the East and am bummed one of them won't make it.

Low-key rooting for the Cavs. The Jarrett Allen injury has been huge for them in a bad way.

I like all the remaining play-in teams from the East and am bummed one of them won't make it.

Low-key rooting for the Cavs. The Jarrett Allen injury has been huge for them in a bad way.
I'd be happy for the Cavs if they end up getting in, but I think the injuries have just taken too much away from them. LaMelo and Bridges against the Miami defense would be more fun IMO.

But really, anyone but Atlanta please.

I'd be happy for the Cavs if they end up getting in, but I think the injuries have just taken too much away from them. LaMelo and Bridges against the Miami defense would be more fun IMO.

But really, anyone but Atlanta please.
See, the upside to Atlanta is the possibility of a road team having some kind of thing happen at a strip club is greater than zero.

Otherwise, yeah, getting LaMelo some playoff reps isn't a bad thing and would be fun.