NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Fun Nets-Bucks game.

And can’t help but wonder, as the broadcast went off…who on the Bucks was KD going at it with verbally?

Can’t wait for Twitter to show me.

I think he had a rough year last year and people wrote him off just a bit but I agree he's been great this year. Barne's too

He played with a bum shoulder last year. and it seemed like the shoulder surgery had a huge positive impact on this game.

A big part of his game is the somewhat unorthodox drive, spin, then flip/layup shot. He did not finish well on those shots last year and I think the sore shoulder may have hurt his accuracy.

That game was unbelievable. Would love another playoff series.

Giannis is just on another level, even for him
I roared at Claxton complaining about the foul call. He MAULED him, lmao.

Giannis is to the 2022 NBA as Shaq was to the 2002 NBA. Just a physically dominant, unstoppable force.

Brooklyn at Atlanta is a huge game.

If Brooklyn finishes 9 or 10 then Brooklyn can’t be above 8.

I am at the point i just want Brooklyn-Milwaukee first round.

I roared at Claxton complaining about the foul call. He MAULED him, lmao.

Giannis is to the 2022 NBA as Shaq was to the 2002 NBA. Just a physically dominant, unstoppable force.

It's unreal. Plays like this doesnt even make sense to me. One dribble and he's dunking with his off hand (nope, not his off hand. he had another similar dunk that i was confusing this one with) like it's not even a big deal

I have a distinct memory of watching that KD foot on the line 2 pointer playoff game last year on my phone, huddled with 4-5 others in a friends hand made “lean-to”, while it was raining, while a bunch of us were out in his woods drinking by a campfire. Sounds absurd. Hard to forget something like that, lol.
It's unreal. Plays like this doesnt even make sense to me. One dribble and he's dunking with his off hand (nope, not his off hand. he had another similar dunk that i was confusing this one with) like it's not even a big deal

It just looks so easy for him. Same thing for prime 3 peat Shaq. He’d just get the ball, and…..dunk. No matter what.

Clippers couldn't finish off the Bulls, and was hoping the Clips win (following for the battle between 5th and 6th with the Raps). But that was some terrible fouling by the Clippers in the last 10 seconds.

Lucky to get to OT.

In the modern day NBA 3-ball era there is no thing as a guarantee to win 2 games in a row for anybody,

Certainly the Nets will be favoured in both games by a fair amount, and they will probably get the NBA whistle in those games. But still I'm sure they want nothing to do with being 9th or 10th and the extra risk that comes with that. If they finish 9th/10th the end results could be a pleasant surprise for everyone else in the East.

If Chicago wins they will join Toronto and be only 2 game behind Philly for the 4th seed. Philly lost a brutal game tonight vs Detroit and at are now at some low level risk of losing home court in the first. The start of the Harden/Embiid era has been somewhat of a mixed bag.

Not sure what the tie-breaker situation for Chicago is against Phily, but Toronto has one more game with Philly at home and also owns the tie-breaker.

EDIT - Correction Chicago will now be 1.5 game behind Philly. I hope Toronto joins them as they play lowly Orlando tomorrow.

Favourites to win the East IMO.

1. Milwaukee
2. Philadelphia
3. Miami
4. Brooklyn (would put them higher but play-in risk puts it lower.
5. Toronto - Best Record in the East against the top 4 teams in the conference.
6. Chicago - (5 and 6 is interchangeable)
7. Charlotte
8. Atlanta
9. Cleveland - Struggling hard down the stretch.
10. Boston - They need to let it be.

#10 is a friendly jab at Alsacs. Boston is somewhere between #2-#4 -- it can go anywhere amongst those 4 teams (and Brooklyn) . Looks like Miami is the most likely to slip based on the recent incident, but strangely incidents like that sometimes bring a team together.

I think Milwaukee deserved the #1 spot based on their recent playoff pedigree (getting over hump last year)

Last edited:
Trivia question: who is the all-time NBA leader in four-point plays? (60 total)

That is correct. You’re either a genius or a cheater. ;)
I didn’t need to look it up because I vividly remember the feeling of anger when I watched a compilation video of all of them lol

Imagine paying actual money to watch the Detroit-OKC "NBA" game tonight. The teams are fighting for bottom spot in the league (one game apart). OKC has been totally shameless in its tanking sitting SGA, Dort, Giddey, Bazley. Detroit actually started some actual players but then took them out after 6 minute.

Look at the names of the players getting 25+ minutes - Livers?, Lee, Pickett, Key, Hoard, Krecji, Roby, Sarr, the other A. Wiggins. Who are these guys?

1648865243677.png

Last edited:
East Recap Tonight

Boston played to win against Indiana - and won
Milwaukee played to lose against the Clippers - and lost
Toronto beat Orlando and now 1.5 games behind Philly

Philly actually played to win last night against Detroit -- and lost. I have seen some Philly fans claim they didn't try to win which is ludicrous. You don't play all your starters, including Harden + Embiid for 37 minutes each and try to "tank" a game. You actually sit those guys if that is your intent.

Miami
Milwaukee 1.0
Boston 1.5
Philly 2.5
Chicago 4
Toronto 4
------
Cleveland 7
Brooklyn 9
Charlotte 9
Atlanta 9

At this point the playoff and play-in teams are locked. Cleveland is in a free fall, and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up tied with some teams behind them. The order of #7-#10 is really totally up in the air.

Miami plays Toronto Sunday -- It will be Kyle Lowry's return game to Toronto (should be emotional) so I would be stunned if they did not bring their full lineup for that one.

Miami vs #8
Milwaukee vs #7
Boston vs Toronto
Philly vs Chicago

But these move around each night. Milwaukee doesn't seem to want that #1 that much. I think Miami is just playing their games wherever they fall, so I guess they are the favourite to end up #1.

I think as a Toronto fan I would be content with Philly. We have played them tough, the Harden-Embiid combo has been a mixed bag, they may have a few unvaccinated players (although don't trust much media on that topic)

Last edited:

Why couldn't the Clippers finish off the Bulls last game!
I was actually sort of cheering for them.

Imagine paying actual money to watch the Detroit-OKC "NBA" game tonight. The teams are fighting for bottom spot in the league (one game apart). OKC has been totally shameless in its tanking sitting SGA, Dort, Giddey, Bazley. Detroit actually started some actual players but then took them out after 6 minute.

Look at the names of the players getting 25+ minutes - Livers?, Lee, Pickett, Key, Hoard, Krecji, Roby, Sarr, the other A. Wiggins. Who are these guys?

View attachment 216228
OKC is a money laundering racket. I’m convinced.

Apparently it doesn’t matter who’s in the lineup for Memphis they beat everyone anyway.

Celtics-Bucks game this Thursday is going to be an alltime who wants to lose more game.

Sam Hausser vs.Jevon Carter game.
All depends on where Brooklyn is.

It they are 9-10 both teams will play it out and let Miami get the 1 seed.
If Brooklyn is 8th i bet both teams will want to lose and be 3rd.