NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

I forgot the Lakers picks go to NO or Memphis.

That is crazy the Pelicans could get this pick this year.
The Stephen Adams trade is why it could go to Memphis.

The East is has only 3 teams below the Lakers.
Lakers pick likely is going to NO if they don’t catch SA.

Both SA and LA have tough remaining schedules.
One cupcake each SA-Portland and LA-OKC.

Celtics-Bucks game this Thursday is going to be an alltime who wants to lose more game.

Sam Hausser vs.Jevon Carter game.
All depends on where Brooklyn is.

It they are 9-10 both teams will play it out and let Miami get the 1 seed.
If Brooklyn is 8th i bet both teams will want to lose and be 3rd.
I don’t think Milwaukee is trying to avoid Brooklyn. It was just the second night of a back to back so they rested their guys.

I don’t think Milwaukee is trying to avoid Brooklyn. It was just the second night of a back to back so they rested their guys.
Boston plays Chicago on Wednesday. I bet they tank on Thursday for the same reason. Back to back and not wanting to push the players.

I think Milwaukee and Miami are battling for 1.
Boston has the inside track for 3 but Philadelphia could catch them.

Chicago-Toronto 5-6

7- Cleveland
8-10 wide open Atlanta-Brookyln-Charlotte.

I think Brooklyn probably with a preference would like Miami.

Apparently it doesn’t matter who’s in the lineup for Memphis they beat everyone anyway.
While this might sound crazy, as a Clippers fan, I would rather face Phoenix in the first round.

And blazers are pretty much the worst nba team now with the g league lineup they are running out there .. okc can bite you now and then

Watch for Lebron to force his way out this off-season

Celtics-Bucks game this Thursday is going to be an alltime who wants to lose more game.

Sam Hausser vs.Jevon Carter game.
All depends on where Brooklyn is.

It they are 9-10 both teams will play it out and let Miami get the 1 seed.
If Brooklyn is 8th i bet both teams will want to lose and be 3rd.

I understand why are teams are doing this at the same time "home-court" does mean something. Also exposes home court in the first round for the 3 and 4 seed if Chicago or Toronto streak to close.

Philly did win today. A week ago I though they may tank against Charlotte today to hope Brooklyn falls out of the top 8 -- but now they are in a must win position to hold that 4 spot after losing to Detroit when they actually tried.

Boston plays Chicago on Wednesday. I bet they tank on Thursday for the same reason. Back to back and not wanting to push the players.

I think Milwaukee and Miami are battling for 1.
Boston has the inside track for 3 but Philadelphia could catch them.

Chicago-Toronto 5-6

7- Cleveland
8-10 wide open Atlanta-Brookyln-Charlotte.

I think Brooklyn probably with a preference would like Miami.

Unless they lose to Chicago on Wednesday. Then they may only be a game ahead of them in the standings with at Milwaukee, at Memphis. At that point I don't think you can afford to give up on that Milwaukee game.

As crazy as it sounds if teams give up a few too many games, it could create a 4/5 matchup between themselves (Boston/Philly), if one of Chicago or Toronto runs the table.

Whether that is an actual threat or not of that will be determined this weekend I think -- Miami plays Chicago/Toronto back to back. If Miami takes care of business against both teams it opens up the top 4 to more strategic planning again and locks in Miami to probably #1.

I know Miami will play Lowry on the b2b against Toronto, but not sure how they will treat the rest of their team.

Last edited:
Unless they lose to Chicago on Wednesday. Then they may only be a game ahead of them in the standings with at Milwaukee, at Memphis. At that point I don't think you can afford to give up a game.

As crazy as it sounds if teams give up a few too many games, it could create a 4/5 matchup between themselves (Boston/Philly), if one of Chicago or Toronto runs the table.

Whether that is an actual threat or not of that will be determined this weekend I think -- Miami plays Chicago/Toronto back to back. If Miami takes care of business against both teams it opens up the top 4 to more strategic planning again.
I highly doubt Philly or Boston get caught but you have a point.

I would rather be the 5 though and avoid Brooklyn if honest.

It would be awesome for Memphis to get a sweet potato pick like that. Stack that roster for Ja.

From earlier this week, not sure if posted. Guess there is a reason that Moses Brown, despite size and good counting stats can't find anything better than a 2 way contract. And Luca is pretty good too.

Draft question: I saw Johnny Davis compared to Manu Ginobelli.
1) Is that legit and if it is, shouldn't he go #1.

Draft question: I saw Johnny Davis compared to Manu Ginobelli.
1) Is that legit and if it is, shouldn't he go #1.

It’s a bad comparison. It’s not legit.

For example, Johnny had an assist % under 15% this past year (under 10% the year before).

Manu, for his career in the NBA, was over 24% and hit 30% some years.

They aren’t the same player at all.

Memphis could end up with 3 first rounders if the pick conveys to them, they also have theirs and Utah's. But it would be 3 picks, with the best one being 11. Maybe package a few in a trade?

Memphis could end up with 3 first rounders if the pick conveys to them, they also have theirs and Utah's. But it would be 3 picks, with the best one being 11. Maybe package a few in a trade?

Package them in a trade for Zion.

Package and move up for Holmgren.

Package them in a trade for Zion.

I’m only half joking. Jalen Rose said Memphis could be a surprise landing spot for Zion in a trade this week. Legit.

I’m only half joking. Jalen Rose said Memphis could be a surprise landing spot for Zion in a trade this week. Legit.
It might be worth the risk trading draft picks .. but im not giving up an actual good roster player for someone who may never play again