NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 160 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Thinking about Beal, the Wizards, and a supermax got me thinking about John Wall and his last 4 year deal with the Wiz...

WAS 19-20: $38.2M (0)
HOU 20-21: $41.2M (40)
HOU 21-22: $44.3M (0)
HOU 22-23: $47.3M (?)

(games played) - he missed about half of the 2 previous seasons leading up to that contract as well

Sounds like Houston will try to trade Wall again.. and if that doesn't happen... work out a buyout.
its amazing how the nba works. if you are a rebuilding team, you just have a 44 million dollar player just not dress the entire year because he might accidentally win you a few games. also, if you might trade a guy, you sit him for a couple months before the deadline. some crap that goes on in the NBA is asinine.

its amazing how the nba works. if you are a rebuilding team, you just have a 44 million dollar player just not dress the entire year because he might accidentally win you a few games. also, if you might trade a guy, you sit him for a couple months before the deadline. some crap that goes on in the NBA is asinine.

The stuff where tanking teams sit clearly healthy players (Al Horford in OKC stands out) really sucks. I understand for the team it can make sense, but it just sucks.

So if Kyrie walks away from 30 million dollars - does that top his list (and what a list it is) of crazy decisions? I know he lost out on 17 million this year but if he signs with the Lakers for 6 (and it actually could work if the stars and minds align)......

So if Kyrie walks away from 30 million dollars - does that top his list (and what a list it is) of crazy decisions? I know he lost out on 17 million this year but if he signs with the Lakers for 6 (and it actually could work if the stars and minds align)...
It would be pretty unprecedented but then again, there's a lot of fans of other teams that probably wouldn't even want to pay him $6 mil at this point.

So, how wild you think the draft gets tonight?
I'm always skeptical because it feels like we say it's going to be crazy every year and then it kinda fizzles out. Just hoping the Bucks actually select someone in the first round this year and that it isn't a player I hate.

Kinda wild that it seems like even guys like Woj expect Brogdon and John Collins to be traded sometime today. It's one thing to say they're in trade rumors but another thing to say they'll almost certainly be dealt before the draft begins.

I'm always skeptical because it feels like we say it's going to be crazy every year and then it kinda fizzles out. Just hoping the Bucks actually select someone in the first round this year and that it isn't a player I hate.

Kinda wild that it seems like even guys like Woj expect Brogdon and John Collins to be traded sometime today. It's one thing to say they're in trade rumors but another thing to say they'll almost certainly be dealt before the draft begins.
At some point the dam has to break on OKC's draft picks. Their 1st rounder to roster spot ratio is all screwed up. So I hold out hope that we see at least something happen.

At some point the dam has to break on OKC's draft picks. Their 1st rounder to roster spot ratio is all screwed up. So I hold out hope that we see at least something happen.
I would guess they'll likely move up from #12 to consolidate their picks a bit and lock in another guy they like.

I could see them using their trove of picks to move up from 12 to somewhere in the 5-9 range if someone they really like (ivey probably wont drop, maybe Sharpe?) falls a few spots

Sounds like 1-2-3 for tonight are pretty much set...
Orlando: Jabari
OKC: Chet
Houston: Paolo

As we've heard before not a lot of top end prospects but a deep draft in terms of guys that will make the league and help teams. This isn't one of those drafts that I'm super psyched about.. but I love the draft nonetheless.

My Bulls are at #18. Been lots of rumors about trading it along with Coby White.. among many other scenarios. We'll see...

For the Bucks, my list of prospects that I will hate is much longer than the list I'll be excited about lol

Who are you eyeing? I just pulled up the Givony mock, they have EJ Liddell going to the Bucks at 24. My gut reaction is I like it. He feels like he could be a solid role player who is relatively versatile and can fill some holes. He has crazy shot block rates for a guy his size

Sounds like 1-2-3 for tonight are pretty much set...
Orlando: Jabari
OKC: Chet
Houston: Paolo

As we've heard before not a lot of top end prospects but a deep draft in terms of guys that will make the league and help teams. This isn't one of those drafts that I'm super psyched about.. but I love the draft nonetheless.

My Bulls are at #18. Been lots of rumors about trading it along with Coby White.. among many other scenarios. We'll see...
This is the type of draft where some very good NBA players will have been found in picks 16-30.. And some picks 5-16 will be wasted .. all drafts have that potential, but this one more so than usual

Brogdon is a good player when he plays. The problem is he doesn’t play enough. I still think Boston or Dallas should try and swing and get him.

Odds movement has been nuts. At some point last night Paolo actually became the favorite to go #1 and then Woj tweeted out that things still seem to be set for Jabari-Chet-Paolo and shortly thereafter it looks like Fanduel and Draftkings took all bets among the top 3 off the market.

Who does everyone think has the best career out of the Top 3? I think Smith and Chet are better than the Dookie.

Going down for the Kings draft party tonight (first one since 2018). Ideally would like to swap picks with Detroit and take Keegan Murray (was hoping Grant would be involved but too late). A lot of smoke around Harrison Barnes - John Collins trade as well. Last night Dejounte Murray - John Collins was mentioned but my guess it's ATL just trying to drive up Collins value. Ultimately think the Kings take Murray at 4 which is not BPA like the last couple drafts. Still #wet4chet is the dream tonight but not optimistic on that.

Who are you eyeing? I just pulled up the Givony mock, they have EJ Liddell going to the Bucks at 24. My gut reaction is I like it. He feels like he could be a solid role player who is relatively versatile and can fill some holes. He has crazy shot block rates for a guy his size
The guys I’d be excited about are Beauchamp, Liddell, Braun and Dalen Terry, in that order (assuming guys like TyTy and Jalen Williams don’t fall to us)

I want the Knicks to get Ivey by any means necessary. If they can't, I want them to tank like crazy for Victor Wembanyana.
Ivey carries more risk than usual for a guard that high, but it’s a risk worth taking for teams like the Knicks and Wizards IMO. Also think Sacramento should just keep him themselves.

Who does everyone think has the best career out of the Top 3? I think Smith and Chet are better than the Dookie.
Paolo would be my #1 choice. Just think he’s a better player now and probably has the highest ceiling too.

The stuff where tanking teams sit clearly healthy players (Al Horford in OKC stands out) really sucks. I understand for the team it can make sense, but it just sucks.i

It’s way out of hand. OKC is an embarrassment to competition and sports in general.

Ivey carries more risk than usual for a guard that high, but it’s a risk worth taking for teams like the Knicks and Wizards IMO. Also think Sacramento should just keep him themselves.

Agreed. We need to get out of the muck. It's worth the risk, like you said.