NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 178 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Love hurt? Denver definitely has the best top 6.
Boston had the best top 7 this series.

Outside of Brown the bench for Denver stinks. The rest should help them, but if it’s a long series there’s no way Jokic and Murray can go 48 every game is there??

Once LeBron is done they should really move on from AD as well.
For whatever it's worth, AD was better than Lebron (and also Top 5 in the league) in basically every advanced metric in the playoffs: PER, VORP, WS/48, etc.

so LBJ post game had to be posturing to help set up what/who he wants on next years team? He is not retiring. Does he want Kyrie, Chris Paul...are the Lakers done catering to his personnel whims?

Whoever they bring on - Joker in his prime is going to be a hurdle to climb.
And I think a bunch of other teams in the west will be better as well.

For whatever it's worth, AD was better than Lebron (and also Top 5 in the league) in basically every advanced metric in the playoffs: PER, VORP, WS/48, etc.

LeBron was terrible in the playoffs as well for the most part. Obviously, the foot is probably the biggest issue but he is 38. AD had some great games but my point with him is I don't see him carrying the Lakers as the best player. The injuries will continue and I think his game will start to decline sooner rather than later as well. He's a great #2 guy when healthy but with no LeBron AD won't handle the leadership role, not what he does.

I get that AD is given too much crap and his D is really good. He’s a legit player when he’s on the floor. But he’s not consistent enough to be considered an elite player.

He just went 6-15 in a game where Bron went almost the full 48 at 38 years old and needs surgery and rehab this off season and still dropped 40.

this team was supposed to transition over to AD and he just hasn’t been playing or not been consistent enough to take over.

In the playoffs, guys that can ball handle, create shots, etc matter the most.

LeBron was terrible in the playoffs as well for the most part. Obviously, the foot is probably the biggest issue but he is 38. AD had some great games but my point with him is I don't see him carrying the Lakers as the best player. The injuries will continue and I think his game will start to decline sooner rather than later as well. He's a great #2 guy when healthy but with no LeBron AD won't handle the leadership role, not what he does.

i think you’re being a bit harsh on Bron, but I get it relative to his previous playoff performances.

Besides that nitpick, I totally agree with this.

Style of play.

Same reason SU historically always shot more FT’s than WVU, Colgate, etc.
Prove it. You can’t use the Warriors as a crutch. You gotta go through the whole league.

Boston had the best top 7 this series.

Outside of Brown the bench for Denver stinks. The rest should help them, but if it’s a long series there’s no way Jokic and Murray can go 48 every game is there??
And Boston should have won based on their talent advantage but there’s clearly a disconnect.

I don’t think the denver heat series will be long.

I get that AD is given too much crap and his D is really good. He’s a legit player when he’s on the floor. But he’s not consistent enough to be considered an elite player.

He just went 6-15 in a game where Bron went almost the full 48 at 38 years old and needs surgery and rehab this off season and still dropped 40.

this team was supposed to transition over to AD and he just hasn’t been playing or not been consistent enough to take over.

In the playoffs, guys that can ball handle, create shots, etc matter the most.
his numbers look good but he was clearly outplayed by Joker and is a tier below him. That said he is an elite defender in terms of covering for his mates. He's simply not at Joker level.

Btw, that one shot Jokic made where he cocked the ball behind his head and spun out to the three point line was crazy.

It was like playing horse or something.
Jokic plays at his own pace and rhythm. It's fun to watch.

He's considering retirement because he is 38 years old, just finished his 20th seasons, has the scoring title, arguably the greatest player ever and is about to have surgery and have to do rehab and he just got booted from the playoffs.

I think people are way overthinking this. He doesn't need to posture to get them to sign Kyrie. He will end up being the wealthiest ex-NBA player of all time.

If he wants Kyrie, he says, I want Kyrie and make it happen.

If he wants to go to GSW, he will push himself to there, but that would also mean they would have to concede a bunch to Klutch (which I don't think they'll do).

He's considering retirement because he is 38 years old, just finished his 20th seasons, has the scoring title, arguably the greatest player ever and is about to have surgery and have to do rehab and he just got booted from the playoffs.

I think people are way overthinking this. He doesn't need to posture to get them to sign Kyrie. He will end up being the wealthiest ex-NBA player of all time.

If he wants Kyrie, he says, I want Kyrie and make it happen.

If he wants to go to GSW, he will push himself to there, but that would also mean they would have to concede a bunch to Klutch (which I don't think they'll do).
I really don’t believe he will retire. I think he’s pulling an Aaron Rodgers. He wants to play with better players and is probably a bit frustrated how AD has performed overall during their time together in LA.

I really don’t believe he will retire. I think he’s pulling an Aaron Rodgers. He wants to play with better players and is probably a bit frustrated how AD has performed overall during their time together in LA.

He has way more power than Rodgers, though. He controls a full agency which means that he controls a lot of player movement in the NBA. Rodgers never had that type of power.

He's also the biggest TV draw in the NBA.

The one other thing, if I remember correctly, is that Bron has never pushed and made a team trade for him. He's always left in free agency (outside of maybe a post-fact S&T for tax savings, but I don't even know if that's the case, it might be full free agency). Point is, if he were to push himself out of LA for next year, he would need to be traded, his PO isn't until the year after. I guess he could sit out, but I doubt it.

My guess is he stays in LA, they get Kyrie or some other distressed asset "star".

I dunno, I think asking these guys what they're thinking about right after a bad series is rough. The guy is still human. Plus, I do think that his foot might be worse than is being let on.

Dear Celtics

Give a crap tonight.

Sincerely,
MSOrange

If they lose tonight, especially if they get blown out, I am guessing Joey Mazz is fired before the plan lands back in Boston.

If they lose tonight, especially if they get blown out, I am guessing Joey Mazz is fired before the plan lands back in Boston.
Hopefully Milwaukee hires their guy before this happens lol

He has way more power than Rodgers, though. He controls a full agency which means that he controls a lot of player movement in the NBA. Rodgers never had that type of power.

He's also the biggest TV draw in the NBA.

The one other thing, if I remember correctly, is that Bron has never pushed and made a team trade for him. He's always left in free agency (outside of maybe a post-fact S&T for tax savings, but I don't even know if that's the case, it might be full free agency). Point is, if he were to push himself out of LA for next year, he would need to be traded, his PO isn't until the year after. I guess he could sit out, but I doubt it.

My guess is he stays in LA, they get Kyrie or some other distressed asset "star".

I dunno, I think asking these guys what they're thinking about right after a bad series is rough. The guy is still human. Plus, I do think that his foot might be worse than is being let on.

I think that foot injury is a lot worse than they let on. We know he immediately said “it popped” when it happened and he went down. Then they pretty much immediately said he’d be out for an extended period of time and would need surgery. That’s not great for a foot injury on guy who is 38 years old in year 20.

Pair that with the eye test of how he looked earlier this year pre-injury versus once he came back and he just wasn’t the same guy.

My guess is after Russell’s Denver series LA will go after Kyrie. I think they realize the formula to max out AD is to have him focus on defense and finishing and take creating for himself off his plate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom