NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 179 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

He has way more power than Rodgers, though. He controls a full agency which means that he controls a lot of player movement in the NBA. Rodgers never had that type of power.

He's also the biggest TV draw in the NBA.

The one other thing, if I remember correctly, is that Bron has never pushed and made a team trade for him. He's always left in free agency (outside of maybe a post-fact S&T for tax savings, but I don't even know if that's the case, it might be full free agency). Point is, if he were to push himself out of LA for next year, he would need to be traded, his PO isn't until the year after. I guess he could sit out, but I doubt it.

My guess is he stays in LA, they get Kyrie or some other distressed asset "star".

I dunno, I think asking these guys what they're thinking about right after a bad series is rough. The guy is still human. Plus, I do think that his foot might be worse than is being let on.

They could have used Melo.

Prove it. You can’t use the Warriors as a crutch. You gotta go through the whole league.
Denver shot more 3’s because they’re good at it.

The Lakers went to the basket more because they’re better at that than they are at shooting 3’s.

Fouls are fouls. The only people talking about it are admitted Lakers haters. Just because Denver throws a bitch fit every time they’re called for a foul doesn’t mean it’s not a foul.

Also Jokic hacked Davis on his game tying dunk, which would’ve been his 6th foul. But they didn’t call it. The ref narrative is kinda ridiculous. They protect stars and keep them on the court - Jokic as much as anyone else.

Btw, that one shot Jokic made where he cocked the ball behind his head and spun out to the three point line was crazy.

It was like playing horse or something.
The number of stupid looking 3’s he made at the shot clock buzzer was just mind blowing. I think he made 2 of them last night.(one was a clear travel but whatever)

I….don’t know how he makes those.

Dear Celtics

Give a crap tonight.

Sincerely,
MSOrange
This will probably end up being a dumb prediction after the Heat win like 110-92, but I honestly think the Celtics grow a pair and win tonight, win Game 5, and then lose Game 6 in Miami.

And that lady in Miami courtside who dresses like she's going to the Met Gala may actually look up from her phone in excitement.

This will probably end up being a dumb prediction after the Heat win like 110-92, but I honestly think the Celtics grow a pair and win tonight, win Game 5, and then lose Game 6 in Miami.

And that lady in Miami courtside who dresses like she's going to the Met Gala may actually look up from her phone in excitement.
She hot?

The number of stupid looking 3’s he made at the shot clock buzzer was just mind blowing. I think he made 2 of them last night.(one was a clear travel but whatever)

Oh yeah it was definitely a travel.

Still awesome shot.

Hopefully Milwaukee hires their guy before this happens lol
Hypothetically lets say the Heat win tonight and beat the Nuggets 4-2 and win the whole thing. I wonder if the Bucks will say "OMG what have we done? They're beating everyone, it's not just us. We had it really good with Bud."

Hypothetically lets say the Heat win tonight and beat the Nuggets 4-2 and win the whole thing. I wonder if the Bucks will say "OMG what have we done? They're beating everyone, it's not just us. We had it really good with Bud."
Nah Bucks fans have wanted Bud gone since before the Bucks won the title and it never really subsided even after that. Likewise with fans being desperate to get rid of Middleton, which also may come to fruition this off-season.

I’m definitely not in that camp re: Middleton and wasn’t really in that camp re: Bud either but I do think Nurse could potentially improve things (or make things a lot worse).

He does that all the time, it's so weird, I've seen that one OIG's talking about multiple times this season.

I will say, it's pretty weird out here, first time in my life hearing nuggs fans go crazy for games. Went out last night to watch, their fans are so raw and unrefined. The entire bar yelling, actually screaming at EVERY single thing on every play was nuts. I laughed a lot, they're so brand new at this. They played, We are the Champions, loud as can be after the final buzzer, with everyone singing at the top of their lungs. I was like Noooooooo, you don't do that for winning the conference finals!!!!

They could have used Melo.
Rui is basically “semi-washed” Melo minus the clutchness and career pedigree. Like…I don’t think Melo would’ve tapped Jokic in the face on a 3 point attempt.

I would’ve rather had Melo firing those open look 3s that we really needed to go in, late in the game yesterday - that’s for sure.

He does that all the time, it's so weird, I've seen that one OIG's talking about multiple times this season.

I will say, it's pretty weird out here, first time in my life hearing nuggs fans go crazy for games. Went out last night to watch, their fans are so raw and unrefined. The entire bar yelling, actually screaming at EVERY single thing on every play was nuts. I laughed a lot, they're so brand new at this. They played, We are the Champions, loud as can be after the final buzzer, with everyone singing at the top of their lungs. I was like Noooooooo, you don't do that for winning the conference finals!!!!
I mean, what's their best moment as a franchise other than right now?

Gotta be Dikembe owning the Sonics, right?

dikembe-mutombo-mt-mutombo.gif

They're probably just stunned.

That, or making the conference finals in the bubble in 2020, or in 2009.

I don’t think they’d ever beaten the Lakers in the playoffs before this? I know they lost in 2020, 2012, 2009, 2008, and at least a couple times in the 80s. Gotta be a big deal for them to finally beat the Lakers in the playoffs, in making their first finals.

They have been to the conference finals 5 times. They just never got over the hump until this year. In the bubble, with Melo, with Doug Moe, and with Larry Brown. Ironically those last 3 losses all came against the Lakers who ended up winning the title each time.

Certainly didn’t say/imply that. Just said “very good.” It was their second best season since 2010.
Says a lot about the current state of that organization. A number of SU fans have been dismissive of our second Final Four since 2010.

Says a lot about the current state of that organization. A number of SU fans have been dismissive of our second Final Four since 2010.
NBA Champs in 2020. Western Conference finals in 2023.

Yeah, this SUCKS so much!

They have been to the conference finals 5 times. They just never got over the hump until this year. In the bubble, with Melo, with Doug Moe, and with Larry Brown. Ironically those last 3 losses all came against the Lakers who ended up winning the title each time.

That 2009 series really could have gone their way, too. I absolutely think they take care of the Magic that year, too.

Comparison between Lebron and the other greatest players of all time at age 38.

LeBron James
- Lost in the Western Conference Finals
- 28.9 points, 8.3 rebounds and 6.8 assists per game on 50.0% shooting
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- 23.4 points, 6.1 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game on 56.4% shooting
Michael Jordan
- Didn't make the playoffs
- 22.9 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game on 41.6% shooting
Hakeem Olajuwon
- 11.9 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game on 49.8% shooting
Shaquille O'Neal
- Lost in the Eastern Conference Semifinals (Played two games)
- 9.2 points, 4.8 rebounds and 0.7 assists per game on 66.7% shooting
Tim Duncan
- Lost in the first round of the playoffs
- 13.9 points, 9.1 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game on 51.2% shooting
Kobe Bryant
- Retired
Larry Bird
- Retired
Magic Johnson
- Retired

Comparison between Lebron and the other greatest players of all time at age 38.

LeBron James
- 28.9 points, 8.3 rebounds and 6.8 assists per game on 50.0% shooting
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- 23.4 points, 6.1 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game on 56.4% shooting
Michael Jordan
- 22.9 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game on 41.6% shooting
Hakeem Olajuwon
- 11.9 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game on 49.8% shooting
Shaquille O'Neal
- Lost in the Eastern Conference Semifinals (Played two games)
- 9.2 points, 4.8 rebounds and 0.7 assists per game on 66.7% shooting
Tim Duncan
- Lost in the first round of the playoffs
- 13.9 points, 9.1 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game on 51.2% shooting
Kobe Bryant
- Retired
Larry Bird
- Retired
Magic Johnson
- Retired

19 straight years making an all NBA team.

Also, shout out to Kareem. Man won Finals MVP 14 years apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom