NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 221 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Also the collar on his shirt looks really uncomfortable.

Truth ? The legal system doesnt always work as it should. I reserve the right to think someone is garbage even if per the law they are “innocent”
The legal system is about due process, not outcome. In the criminal venue, it is also about keeping the government from putting innocent people behind bars, which still happens far too often. The law does not declare anyone innocent: they are either guilty or not guilty.

Does Kobe Bufkin have an Oedipal complex? He was stroking his mom’s knee throughout her interview

The “Red Rooster” called. He thinks that jacket is ridiculous.

th

Jaime Jaquez and Trayce-Jackson Davis will both play a decade+ in the league. TJD was one of my favorite non-Syracuse college hoopers ever.
Already bought Heat +1800 for next season hell yeah

one of my friends posted Gradey's pic on Facebook. I didn't watch much of the draft, so I had to google to see if it was a photoshop joke or for real. Wow

It's amazing to me that the things some of us grew up doing between the ages of 2 and 10 (that may or may not have made it onto a random vhs now in a dusty closet) are now the cool thing to do for 16 and up and post on tik tok. I have no analysis to that effect... it's just all quite amazing.

Last edited:
Kind of a weird draft for the Bucks. Absolutely loved Andre Jackson as a college player (despite being a Huskie), but not sure there's really a player quite like him that's worked out in the NBA. Maybe like the Brooklyn Nets version of Bruce Brown? But even Brown was far ahead of Jackson as a shooter. It will definitely be challenging to figure out how to use him in the NBA but I love the idea of a "winning plays" type of guy and in the very least, he'll be fun in transition.

Apparently Milwaukee was the team that made a promise to Chris Livingston that led to him bailing on the Combine scrimmages and draft workouts; kinda nuts that Livingston took a promise for the final pick of the draft and called it quits. He never really stood out to me when I was watching Judah Mintz in high school (Livingston was his more highly touted teammate) and he was a major disappointment at Kentucky, but he's got an NBA body at least and hard to get too mad at taking a former 5 star recruit with the final pick of the draft.

Bucks also signed Omari Moore to a two-way deal already; I really love that one. He outdueled a couple first round picks this season playing for San Jose State and just looks like a good combination of athleticism and skill. Issue for him is that while he was one of the best shooters off the dribble in the country last year, he really struggled as a catch and shoot guy and it's hard to envision him not being an off-ball guy if he makes it in the NBA.

The Mavs made that trade so they can get Draymond, didn’t they?

Per Bobby Marks and Tim McMahon, they should have access to the full MLE and the trade exception they used for the Kings trade, but I dont think they really have any way to get to Draymond money.

However after the trade they did with the Kings to take Holmes, the Kings now have a path to opening up like $30 million in cap space. So they could be a Green suitor.

I was obviously assuming Dallas keeps Kyrie here.

Last edited:
Summary of pretty much all the high picks every year now: he’s skinny and can’t shoot and doesn’t really know what he’s doing, but he runs fast and jumps high, so if he works real hard and actually gets good at basketball, he might end up being a good player.

Summary of pretty much all the high picks every year now: he’s skinny and can’t shoot and doesn’t really know what he’s doing, but he runs fast and jumps high, so if he works real hard and actually gets good at basketball, he might end up being a good player.
Every player on the Houston Rockets!

Per Bobby Marks and Tim McMahon, they should have access to the full MLE and the trade exception they used for the Kings trade, but I dont think they really have any way to get to Draymond money.

However after the trade they did with the Kings to take Holmes, the Kings now have a path to opening up like $30 million in cap space. So they could be a Green suitor.

So actually that was before the trade they did with the Kings. Dallas still has a way to get access to the full MLE, but they probably would need to start Kyrie around $40 million or so, compared to his max salary of $47

I would say that applies to the twins and Coulibaly this year, but that's really it in the lottery.

And the Knicks did nothing... because their young players are so good? I really hope they are not planing to run it back with Randle, RJ and Brunson as their big three, because one out of those three is apparently pretty easy to stop in the playoffs and the one of those big three can't shoot.

Kind of a weird draft for the Bucks. Absolutely loved Andre Jackson as a college player (despite being a Huskie), but not sure there's really a player quite like him that's worked out in the NBA. Maybe like the Brooklyn Nets version of Bruce Brown? But even Brown was far ahead of Jackson as a shooter. It will definitely be challenging to figure out how to use him in the NBA but I love the idea of a "winning plays" type of guy and in the very least, he'll be fun in transition.

Apparently Milwaukee was the team that made a promise to Chris Livingston that led to him bailing on the Combine scrimmages and draft workouts; kinda nuts that Livingston took a promise for the final pick of the draft and called it quits. He never really stood out to me when I was watching Judah Mintz in high school (Livingston was his more highly touted teammate) and he was a major disappointment at Kentucky, but he's got an NBA body at least and hard to get too mad at taking a former 5 star recruit with the final pick of the draft.

Bucks also signed Omari Moore to a two-way deal already; I really love that one. He outdueled a couple first round picks this season playing for San Jose State and just looks like a good combination of athleticism and skill. Issue for him is that while he was one of the best shooters off the dribble in the country last year, he really struggled as a catch and shoot guy and it's hard to envision him not being an off-ball guy if he makes it in the NBA.
I like Jackson's game a lot and totally get that his shooting is not a sign for success. My interest is in if you look at the description of Jackson's game with the two twins taken in the top 10, they are the same breakdowns. More confident in finding a shot with kids two years younger I guess.

I don't see how Jackson can be on the floor with Giannis.

yeah. I missed putting that together.

With the new CBA, the wealthiest teams are going to be forced to pick the top 6-7 guys for the rotation and round out the the roster with youth. The Clippers showed how they’re going to do that by drafting two of the most veteran players available last night. Kobe Brown is a young, cheap replacement for Marcus Morris (and/or Nic Batum) and Jordan Miller is the same for Amir Coffey (not that he’s expensive himself, but he’s likely part of any upcoming trade). I also think that’s why they traded for Bones Hyland at the deadline and were willing to deal Norman Powell (and still are).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom