NC St Tailgate Thread Sat, Nov 21st | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NC St Tailgate Thread Sat, Nov 21st

UPDATED I EXPECT TIX PRICING AT $55 (I QUOTED $65 EARLIER) A TICKET. SU WILL BUILD US A SPECIAL LINK. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE A PRIORITY STH YOU PROBABLY WILL GET A BETTER SEAT ORDERING NOW THROUGH SU. THE TAILGATE WILL BE AT BACKYARD BISTRO AND ALSO UNDER THE WATER TOWER FOR THE EARLY ARRIVERS.

Here is the info for Season Ticket Holders...BTW, if you are not a season ticket holder (STH), why not?

My recommendation is to order your NCSt tickets through your MyCuse account (if a STH). SU is building a special NCSt link for our group...but it won't be active until early July. I expect you'll get slightly better seats through June 30th with SU. As I remembered from 2013...the seats we got will be on the sideline near the goal line...kinda typical for visitors. For the other games (USF, UVA, Louisville) we are offering a better deal. FSU with us is essentially closed out (only 2 tix remain) so order through SU.

Info sent:

______________________________________________________________________________________

On behalf of Head Coach Scott Shafer, the assistant coaches and the team, thank you for your support of the Syracuse University Football Program.

As a Football Season Ticket Holder and/or Orange Club Donor, we would like to offer you access to an exclusive fee-free pre-sale opportunity to purchase away game tickets in the Syracuse sections! The pre-sale will run through June 30th, with the general public on-sale beginning July 1st.

Away Game Schedule/Ticket Prices

• Saturday, October 10, 2015 at South Florida $45 per ticket
    • Saturday, October 17, 2015 at Virginia $50 per ticket
    • Saturday, October 31, 2015 at Florida State $50 per ticket
    • Saturday, November 7, 2015 at Louisville $58 per ticket
    • Saturday, November 21, 2015 at NC State $55 per ticket
  • All tickets will be assigned according to your 2014-15 Orange Club level of giving, and then by date received.
  • All tickets will be mailed approximately 2-3 weeks prior to each game.
  • Pleaselog in to your MyCuse Account, and click on "Buy Packages/Tickets" to place your order today!
  • For disability or special requests, please contact the box office (888-DOMETIX, Option 'zero') once you have completed your online purchase.
Thank you for your continued support of Syracuse University Athletics – New York’s College Team! Sincerely, The Carrier Dome Box Office

Geez, UVA gave us a price of $25 and SU is charging $50. Something wrong there.

Geez, UVA gave us a price of $25 and SU is charging $50. Something wrong there.
Nah they are charging $55...They expect seating in Section 1 and 9. SU's hands are tied as NCSt gets reimbursed at full rate.

It is different than going directly to NCSt and getting a group rate as a private individual. BTW, NCSt is considered SRO so they don't do group sales to visiting fans.

The Link will be active @ 8am on Wednesday, July 1st for those that are not season ticket holders...Cost is $55 per ticket and they expect seating in Section 1 or 9 (Can't guarantee it until NCSt assigns the sections)

This is kinda the forgotten tailgate...be sure to get your tickets.

Last edited:
What is the parking situation? Are passes available through the link?

It seems to require a promo code.
Did u log into your myCuse account?

BTW, Promo Code in on upper left hand side

---> SYRFANS15 <---

Last edited:
Hate to ask stupid questions here so I apologize in advance.

I don't have a myCuse account. Is that open to anyone to create or only current and past students? Did not attend Syracuse... I currently attend State for grad school and could probably get tix through that outlet, but I would prefer to sit with Syracuse fans as that is where my allegiance is.

Hate to ask stupid questions here so I apologize in advance.

I don't have a myCuse account. Is that open to anyone to create or only current and past students? Did not attend Syracuse... I currently attend State for grad school and could probably get tix through that outlet, but I would prefer to sit with Syracuse fans as that is where my allegiance is.
You should be able to create one...

Update
Here is what we are working on for the NC State game.
Last year we had a small group at the water tower, which was quite a long walk to Carter-Finley Stadium.
Water tower.JPG

Water tower located in bottom right hand corner.

This year we are considering holding it at the Backyard Bistro located directly across the street from the entrance road to the stadium.
Backyard Bistro Map 1.JPG

One of the owners is Joe Lumbrazo from Canastota, NY - a big Orange fan. He tells us that whenever the Orange are in town they get 200-300 Orange fans at the restaurant. He is enthusiastic about having our group every other year.

As you can see from the image above, there is a large grassy area in the back where we might be able to ark and tailgate (we will know for sure next week). Alternatively, the patio area is available (40 -60) and a separate room (up to 150).

Parking is $20, which is a good price given the location.

We are waiting to see the availability of the tailgate area and the catering prices.

Given the number of local Orange fans that will be at the restaurant, this might be the most fun.

We will have the availability and prices next week.

There is also a Marriott Courtyard immediately behind the Bistro.

Would like to get everyone's thoughts.

Update
Last year we had a small group at the water tower, which was quite a long walk to Carter-Finley Stadium.
View attachment 50577

This year we are considering holding it at the Backyard Bistro located directly across the street from the entrance road to the stadium.
View attachment 50579
One of the owners is Joe Lumbrazo from Canastota, NY - a big Orange fan. He tells us that whenever the Orange are in town they get 200-300 Orange fans at the restaurant. He is enthusiastic about having our group every other year.

As you can see from the image above, there is a large grassy area in the back where we might be able to ark and tailgate (we will know for sure next week). Alternatively, the patio area is available (40 -60) and a separate room (up to 150).

We are waiting to see the availability of the tailgate area and the catering prices.

Given the number of local Orange fans that will be at the restaurant, this might be the most fun.

Sounds cool.

Update
View attachment 50577

View attachment 50579

The Backyard Bistro is a good location and where the family and I parked last time. Egressing out to the interstate wasn't too difficult, considering. Being so close to stadium also meant not having to wait for a bus or walk the approximate 3/4 mile back up the hill. The walk to the Bistro is almost all downhill, also! The alumni will most likely be renting the place out, again. First time I got to meet Floyd Little and the cheerleaders.

Jeremy. Hope you can make the NC state tailgate. Will see you at the LSU tailgate and fill you in. Crusty and Mark are running it so you know it will rival the Fine Lot gates!

Update

We are working with SU Alum to combine three groups in the grassy area of the Backyard Bistro (across the street from the Carter-Finley stadium entrance). Escape after the game is fairly easy with access to the expressway.

Every game day the grassy area has a beer vendor with a variety of craft beers. Our hope is that we can set up canopies, flags, chairs etc . and have a real tailgate atmosphere. BYB will cater then food. SU Alum will send down some giveaways. If we can pull this off, we could have a couple of hundred Orange fans!

The second to the last game of the season, this is starting to shape up as a very important game.

Feedback please.

Update

We are working with SU Alum to combine three groups in the grassy area of the Backyard Bistro (across the street from the Carter-Finley stadium entrance). Escape after the game is fairly easy with access to the expressway.

Every game day the grassy area has a beer vendor with a variety of craft beers. Our hope is that we can set up canopies, flags, chairs etc . and have a real tailgate atmosphere. BYB will cater then food. SU Alum will send down some giveaways. If we can pull this off, we could have a couple of hundred Orange fans!

The second to the last game of the season, this is starting to shape up as a very important game.

Feedback please.

Sounds awesome!

If anyone needs a single ticket in the SU allotment ($55) please PM me and it is yours - can do PayPal and then mail it to you..

Update
OK, we have made contact with the Raleigh and Traid groups as well as SU Alumni Director and we are going to pool our efforts for the NC State game at Backyard Bistro. We will be locking in details shortly. Stay tuned!

We are going to turn this into a terrific biennial event with hundreds of crazy Orange fans. Next time I hope we can coordinate ticket purchase with them as well. We need to own this place.

otto-here-kitty.jpg

Update
OK, we have made contact with the Raleigh and Traid groups as well as SU Alumni Director and we are going to pool our efforts for the NC State game at Backyard Bistro. We will be locking in details shortly. Stay tuned!

We are going to turn this into a terrific biennial event with hundreds of crazy Orange fans. Next time I hope we can coordinate ticket purchase with them as well. We need to own this place.

View attachment 51363

Can't wait!

Update

View attachment 51363
Backyard Bistro is cool and easy to get to. We have visited the establishment while attending SU basketball & football games vs. NC State over the past 2-3 years. I have no doubt SU fans will pack the place and paint it ORANGE...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom