NC St Tailgate Thread Sat, Nov 21st | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NC St Tailgate Thread Sat, Nov 21st

Update

We are working with SU Alum to combine three groups in the grassy area of the Backyard Bistro (across the street from the Carter-Finley stadium entrance). Escape after the game is fairly easy with access to the expressway.

Every game day the grassy area has a beer vendor with a variety of craft beers. Our hope is that we can set up canopies, flags, chairs etc . and have a real tailgate atmosphere. BYB will cater then food. SU Alum will send down some giveaways. If we can pull this off, we could have a couple of hundred Orange fans!

The second to the last game of the season, this is starting to shape up as a very important game.

Feedback please.
Update

We are working with SU Alum to combine three groups in the grassy area of the Backyard Bistro (across the street from the Carter-Finley stadium entrance). Escape after the game is fairly easy with access to the expressway.

Every game day the grassy area has a beer vendor with a variety of craft beers. Our hope is that we can set up canopies, flags, chairs etc . and have a real tailgate atmosphere. BYB will cater then food. SU Alum will send down some giveaways. If we can pull this off, we could have a couple of hundred Orange fans!

The second to the last game of the season, this is starting to shape up as a very important game.

Feedback please.
Super idea!

Update
It is now official - we are joining with SU Alum office as well as the Raleigh, Triad and Charlotte groups at the Backyard Bistro. The event will be set up in their back lot. We will have canopies, tents etc. BYB will cater the event and there will be a beer vendor there as well.

We will have at least 100 and maybe many more.

We expect the price to be about $15 for food and the beer will be a cash bar.

Parking is $20 and there are limited spaces. If you have an interest please let me know so that I can reserve the correct amount early. This is some of the best parking around.

Go Orange!!!

I'm assuming we won't be able to bring our own alcohol like a traditional tailgate? Just trying to figure out how much everything is going to cost.

I'm assuming we won't be able to bring our own alcohol like a traditional tailgate? Just trying to figure out how much everything is going to cost.

That is correct. Parking will be $20, food $15 and whatever alcohol you consume,

I imagine you can't BYOB inside the building. Lots of drinking going on outside, though.

I imagine you can't BYOB inside the building. Lots of drinking going on outside, though.

Inside the football stadium? It's good ole boy country, airline bottles in your socks...

Let's just say this...if you have a personal brewski you might make sure it is the same what they are selling...

Let's just say this...if you have a personal brewski you might make sure it is the same what they are selling...
I would bet they are not selling bottles, cans, etc. Most likely you will get a plastic cup. Solution: buy the first cup and fill it after that with whatever you have in your cooler. Problem solved!

Sounds like a great time. Anyone coming down from Richmond? Deciding whether I'll make the trek solo. Assume I'm OK to buy ticket through the prior offer? Still up and available but wanted to make sure given the SU Athletic Department...

I recvd an update from SU...there has only been 16 tix sold through the link. Time to get off your butt and make your purchase. They are expecting a sell out.

Here is the link for NC State. It is live now as SU is done with the presale for donors/STHer’s on June 30. The price is $55 per ticket and we will seat everyone who purchases through this link together within the Syracuse University allotment.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/syracuse/EN/link/promotion/home/04a268afb08926c05ec1f2fe1bad00b115cf3f46

Promo Code: SYRFANS15

I recvd an update from SU...there has only been 16 tix sold through the link. Time to get off your butt and make your purchase. They are expecting a sell out.

Here is the link for NC State. It is live now as SU is done with the presale for donors/STHer’s on June 30. The price is $55 per ticket and we will seat everyone who purchases through this link together within the Syracuse University allotment.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/syracuse/EN/link/promotion/home/04a268afb08926c05ec1f2fe1bad00b115cf3f46

Promo Code: SYRFANS15

I'll be purchasing 7 tickets by next week. Just need to get money from people this weekend at the UVA game.

Any ideas when tickets are typically sent out? Purchased mine in July.

Have no idea. TexanMark may know.
Early November...IIRC

If logistically that won't for any of you...send me a PM...I'll direct you to the SU ticket guy handling these.

Update
The tailgate will be held at Backyard Bistro, which is located at 1235 Hurricane Alley Way, Raleigh, NC 27607 (919 851-6203), directly across the street from Carter-Finley Stadium parking lot entrance.

BYB will block off the back patio and parking lot corner (as well as having the meeting room available as a backup). We will put up canopies, flags and banners. BYB will set up grills in this area as well as beer kegs.

The tailgate will run for 2 hours prior to game time.

Cost will be $20.00 per person, which includes service and tax. Service is 20% and tax 7.75%.
Parking is on a first come, first served basis and will cost $20 per spot.

Tailgate tickets may be purchased at syracusetailgates.com as soon as we know game time.

Food & Service Items
Buffet:
Pulled Pork with Slaw & Onions-Sides of Sauces
Hofman Hot Dogs
Basilio Sausage
Southern Potato Salad
Salt Potatoes
Green Beans with Bacon and Onions
Banana Pudding
Sweet Tea & Unsweetened Iced Tea
BAR/BEVERAGE SERVICE
Two Kegs (brand to be confirmed)-each guest receives two drink tickets per person-all on cash basis at restaurant bar after tickets are redeemed)

Scratch my group from this game/tailgate. We won't be able to attend unfortunately. :(

Got my tickets today. Section 9, which is the same section that we had 2 years ago. However, having seating in row B of that section, I'm about 20-25 rows closer.

Tickets for the tailgate are now available at syracusetailgates.com.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom