NC St Tailgate Thread Sat, Nov 21st | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NC St Tailgate Thread Sat, Nov 21st

Ugh, I wish this season had been better. For Syracuse road games, this set up does not get any better. Ample parking, walks to the stadium are very manageable. The BYB really rolled out the red carpet on this one. The mobile beer trailer was REALLY impressive. The owner and his parents are really great, and although I thanked them exuberantly in person, I have to reiterate how great and receptive they were.

That said, I really dislike State. Granted I have only been to a few games in life, but this year after having gone to the UVA game, I was really let down. Their band hardly played, most music was piped in (not to mention, only 15 tubas, hardly a respectable number for such a large state school). No replays unless it was beneficial to their team. Forget anything controversial being put on the jumbotrons. Basically, a good amount of the bad stuff I read on here about the lackluster game day atmosphere in dome.

Hopefully two years down the road, we'll be able to tee off State fans for football like we have for basketball. Alas, much of the conversation centered on Shafer's demise, offensive lamentations, and defensive foibles. It was great to see a game so far from Syracuse and have such great fans. I really hated not being able to truly enjoy it.

Dang it, in two years time, we better be back.

Ugh, I wish this season had been better. For Syracuse road games, this set up does not get any better. Ample parking, walks to the stadium are very manageable. The BYB really rolled out the red carpet on this one. The mobile beer trailer was REALLY impressive. The owner and his parents are really great, and although I thanked them exuberantly in person, I have to reiterate how great and receptive they were.

That said, I really dislike State. Granted I have only been to a few games in life, but this year after having gone to the UVA game, I was really let down. Their band hardly played, most music was piped in (not to mention, only 15 tubas, hardly a respectable number for such a large state school). No replays unless it was beneficial to their team. Forget anything controversial being put on the jumbotrons. Basically, a good amount of the bad stuff I read on here about the lackluster game day atmosphere in dome.

Hopefully two years down the road, we'll be able to tee off State fans for football like we have for basketball. Alas, much of the conversation centered on Shafer's demise, offensive lamentations, and defensive foibles. It was great to see a game so far from Syracuse and have such great fans. I really hated not being able to truly enjoy it.

Dang it, in two years time, we better be back.
C Bomb got it right on the replays. Really a big disappointment unless you were an NCST fan. Also BYB was seriously outstanding from the parking to the food to the mobile beer wagon with four big screen TVs. Mark needs to figure out how to get us one of those for away games. Special thanks to Alyce. I love him but without her Crusty would be lost!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom