NC State attendance | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NC State attendance

On stub hub there is the “event is selling fast icon” I thought maybe it always says that but it does not for the other games. And I do not remember seeing it for Purdue or Virginia, I think tickets are moving at steady pace . Still thinking 42 is possible.

It got that for the Purdue game as well

But did not for Virginia

you can go back and see the morning of the purdue game what sections were available to buy and what we have today.. for example section 303 the seats about row O were not open.. They are already for the NC st game.. the same for the upper 309-310 sections.. The top row was not sold the morning of the Purdue game and we already have sold many of those seats with just a few left..

get some crutches and use the handicap seats. Its a great view and you can stand or sit as needed.
That's not what they exist for...Get an aisle seat and stand and sit as needed as it is a sporting event.

Me personally I think it's a no-brainer that Syracuse with all the stars and the excitement with this team and even if for a while fair weather fan can see it they should have a sell-out hands down but when reality kicks in you know you got to go with that and still I mean they got it hit like 45 I mean what else you going to do around here? I live in Syracuse and me personally there is nothing to do around here. Hey used to be a lot of stuff you know for kids when I was young and whatnot and it all just went away so go to the freaking game and you have a great team representing this city and the university, support them

\

Me personally I think it's a no-brainer that Syracuse with all the stars and the excitement with this team and even if for a while fair weather fan can see it they should have a sell-out hands down but when reality kicks in you know you got to go with that and still I mean they got it hit like 45 I mean what else you going to do around here? I live in Syracuse and me personally there is nothing to do around here. Hey used to be a lot of stuff you know for kids when I was young and whatnot and it all just went away so go to the freaking game and you have a great team representing this city and the university, support them

Kansas is about to have their 3rd straight sellout. And that’s without the 2 biggest names on their schedule, which come later.

Depressing that we can barely get 3/4 full until we show the fans more.

Let’s just say I think I’m going to have a difficult time going to the bathroom at halftime!

Kansas is about to have their 3rd straight sellout. And that’s without the 2 biggest names on their schedule, which come later.

You know you're right it is! I don't know anyting about you know Kansas the area out there University so I can't really speak on it but it's obvious that you know they have more of I love for the for football then we do and I really think there is some kind of Northeast thing where it's just bad football is just not as popular as basketball which is I don't know I don't understand it it's kind of stupid to me but it is what it is. Plus you know you got Kansas being a state university I'm sure that has something to do with it being much larger than Syracuse I'm sure.
I'm going to look that up actually

Our high this year is 37k. Where are we finding another 13k fans? That is a huge jump. I think playing Wagner and then a bye will hurt. Casual fans will be less engaged. Also most casual fans will say that we have beaten nobody. Casual fans like name brands. NC State does not move the needle. If they lose 1 or even 2 games, it will kill interest. If they are still undefeated then it will be an event. Otherwise I think a team like Miami this year would outdraw NC State, even though NC State is clearly the better team.

To casual fans, Louisville, Purdue and Virginia are name brands.

OK - throwing out that "marketing" platitude - what are they missing? And please don't say a kiosk at the mall or Otto throwing around tickets at the State Fair.

They've been on national TV 4x. We live in the information age where this stuff is everywhere, this isn't some underground band...

We don't advertise on TV very much. The coaching staff doesn't do any press at all leading into the season. It doesn't take much effort to try to engage with local groups. I see very little effort.

Once SU lowers the capacity by putting stadium seating in, doesn’t this whole conversation about casuals become less important anyway? Let’s say it will be 40k capacity (though I could see them doing 44k), we will already be consistently in the mid 30k so long as we are decent.

Our high this year is 37k. Where are we finding another 13k fans? That is a huge jump. I think playing Wagner and then a bye will hurt. Casual fans will be less engaged. Also most casual fans will say that we have beaten nobody. Casual fans like name brands. NC State does not move the needle. If they lose 1 or even 2 games, it will kill interest. If they are still undefeated then it will be an event. Otherwise I think a team like Miami this year would outdraw NC State, even though NC State is clearly the better team.
I was at the Panthers vs Cards game this past weekend in Charlotte and had my Cuse hoodie on. Got several "GO CUSE!" and "5 and 0 baby!" And then after the game I was leaving the bathroom and a drunk guy gave me a high five and said, "go Cuse, but we haven't even started ACC play yet, so we'll see when we play real games." Jokes on him though, I didn't wash my hands.

Ok but what's the last creative thing you've seen the SU marketing department do? I can't remember a single thing

Does mis-spelling players' names on Tribute Jerseys count?
Cuz some of their spelling is creative as hell.

I was at the Panthers vs Cards game this past weekend in Charlotte and had my Cuse hoodie on. Got several "GO CUSE!" and "5 and 0 baby!" And then after the game I was leaving the bathroom and a drunk guy gave me a high five and said, "go Cuse, but we haven't even started ACC play yet, so we'll see when we play real games." Jokes on him though, I didn't wash my hands.
You rascal!

Dome’s doing it right releasing all the seats early. Lets get over 45. Props

Well, they didn't release all. Seems odd that every other row is either completely empty or completely sold for every upper deck section on the sidelines.

But they definitely released a lot more than they have for other games this far out. And releasing those higher up seats earlier, which are much cheaper, should help.

You want "fans" to show up for games; not people just looking to get sloshed. (There's already a pretty significant cross-population between the two)

The University/AD makes plenty of money by virtue of its ACC affiliation. Adding spectators just for sake of adding spectators doesnt really make much difference from a revenue standpoint.

Uh, gotta disagree with this take. The University makes money off of people who attend - concessions, parking, mementoes, jerseys, programs, hats, etc.

Selling tickets at $10 or $20 makes sense, when you're going to make double or triple that in supplemental sales.

I still hear gripes about parking and what pain it is to go to games.

It's true. I'm 63 and overweight. I took the shuttle to a game from Downtown, but got left off at the Library, not up on the flats near CASE Center. We still had to walk up 2/3 of the Hill. It was tiring.

Well, they didn't release all. Seems odd that every other row is either completely empty or completely sold for every upper deck section on the sidelines.

But they definitely released a lot more than they have for other games this far out. And releasing those higher up seats earlier, which are much cheaper, should help.
Helps visually on TV and in building. Fill up every other row first and then start selling in between. ensure it looks nicer.

This is what happens when you play a generation of crap football. You can’t turn an aircraft carrier on a dime. They started to turn it around at the end of 2018 beginning of 2019 and subsequently fell on their face. I’m just going to enjoy watching us win. If they can keep it up eventually attendance will pick up.

The worst part of that 2019 season was getting destroyed by Maryland Week 2 at home, and then getting absolutely destroyed at Clemson Week 3. Play a couple punching bags in the next 2 home games, but then lose at home to PItt and lose at home to BC, badly. People wanted to support that team, but they really let the fans down.

\

I grew up in Syracuse. My kids grew up in Syracuse. There was a hell of a lot more for kids to do for my kids than for me. Not even close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom