NC State Game Thread... | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the announcer just say that Syracuse is arguably more talented? I can't back it up to confirm because I'm watching on Roku.

He was sacked FIVE TIMES in the first half. That's not on the QB.
They are bringing one more guy that we can block. The QB can have hot reads.
The QB can move in the pocket.

The Ol isn’t great but it’s not why the QB is making poor decisions.

Babers offense has not needed a playbook.. its based off of about 3 or 4 run plays with a few other specific situational runs and pass plays that are based off of using the space the D alignment gives them to determine which patterns to run fro the WR's.. I like the system personally as many years ago I realized that you could exploit almost any Defensive alignment with spacing as long as the whole offense was on the same page.. This offense this year is not.. from OL to RB to QB.. last year we had Dungey to bail us out with scrambling. I thought last year.. as good as the record was.. out O did not flow as well as the year before.. Lewis was a huge loss. What absolutely needs to happen and its not going to get better until it does... and it is too late this year most probably. You have to line the O up in practice and give them 6 or 7 different D alignments and then take the time to ask tommy what he sees and where can he exploit it... do the same with the WR's and ask them what they see and how to exploit it.. Most of the problems seem to be awareness related and the game being to fast for everyone.. we just are not playing smart and the patterns being called from the sideline are not helping at all.

wasn’t the knock on Tommy by some that he was always lights out in practice but didn’t react as well in game situations? Maybe something to that...

We will never win with this QB. Rewinding and watching quick hits, slants, outs open all day. Put in anyone else !!!
He cant make a read at all... Zero football IQ. Line isn't good but he does not know how to make the underneath throws. You're going to get hit some bc typically those are your 3rd/4th reads. But they are open. Stand tall and hit the flats for 3-6 yards.

What's the quick read? I don't see too many open receivers early while they're playing press coverage.
If the play press coverage the read should be 2 easy things .. 1) are they only pressing outside? 2) Identify the alignment of the LB's.. Slot/TE or Both slots exploit 3-5 yard flat or slant/crossing plays.. its reall that easy.. and throw in a run to the weakside off tackle.. that is how you do it

wasn’t the knock on Tommy by some that he was always lights out in practice but didn’t react as well in game situations? Maybe something to that...

Whoever said “Jeff George” may have nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom