NC State Kickoff: 3:30 ACCN | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Kickoff: 3:30 ACCN

Northeast carpetbaggers vs. the red-headed stepchildren of tobacco road... no-brainer for Greensboro brass when you look at the league primetime spots.

games.jpg
Well. Despite the conspiracy theories, these networks are motivated solely by $.

Network games have a far greater reach than regional games. So the network games have to appeal more broadly. Clemson moved that need more than anyone right now. A casual fan in boulder springs will watch that game. Probably has no idea that NCState and Syracuse are both ranked.

ACC network fans in the east have more knowledge of the league. The casual fan knows that Clemson is going to slobberknock BC. But fans of FSU and Wake are going to have a lot more interest in NCState - SU. The network wins there.

Disney is maximizing eyeballs and ad dollars on both networks by scheduling this way.

These people aren’t stupid, and they really only care about $.

I had like 5 different people just talk to me while picking up dinner on how they couldnt watch the su game sat because dish didnt have the ESPN channels this weekend.. thats 5 more people than I thought who knew SU was playing in a game..

I mentioned the game was at home and you could have seen it in person for like $10 and they had no idea..

I had like 5 different people just talk to me while picking up dinner on how they couldnt watch the su game sat because dish didnt have the ESPN channels this weekend.. thats 5 more people than I thought who knew SU was playing in a game..

I mentioned the game was at home and you could have seen it in person for like $10 and they had no idea..
hopefully you steered them to the next 3 home dates on the schedule

hopefully you steered them to the next 3 home dates on the schedule
I can steer them, but I'm not driving them to the game..

The same people that will go to bball games and sit at the 50 dont seem to have the energy to go to fball and get good seats..

Yeah. I’m not gonna take a second of any local complaining about ACCN. I might even have to throw down a few times in the next 10 days to make myself feel better about the disastrous casuals in the 315. And God help me if I see a basketball only the rest of the fall. I’m usually a lover not a fighter so we’ll see:p

Last edited:
I am going to venture a guess here and say that Syracuse requested a 3:30 game time. Parent's weekend and students and parents will be going out to dinner. They want seats in the stands more than prime time. And after all it is the school of the students.

I am going to venture a guess here and say that Syracuse requested a 3:30 game time. Parent's weekend and students and parents will be going out to dinner. They want seats in the stands more than prime time. And after all it is the school of the students.
Wow good call on that. Parents weekend should mean a lot of extra seats sold

As long as I can get the game on TV I don’t care what network it is on.Personally I like the prime time slot but 3:30 is much better than the dreaded nooner.

I love the optimism, but he is dismissing Bama/Vols WAY too easily. That is one of the biggest games of the year and could easily have Gameday.
They have never went to the same campus in a matter of a few weeks. They seldom go to same campuses in the same year except maybe conference championship week . …………….I just looked it up , they went to Athens 2 times within a month last year. I stand corrected .

Last edited:
As an out of towner, I love the 3:30 time slot. I usually take a half day off the day before the game to drive up and stay overnight. If I need to stay at work that full day, I can always drive up at night, sleep in, and still catch the tailgate.

Bad take of the day right here!

This is one of the worst takes I’ve seen

There are 6 ACC teams off on Oct 15th

ACCN is guaranteed a 12pm, 330 and a 7pm

This is a great way for ESPN to tout how great their ACCN is by having a top 25 (we hope) mactch up on their platform

And reminder, if NC State loses this weekend they probably aren’t a rank squad coming in and we are.

Funny how fast things change

Having been around the executive arena, and my spouse having been an Executive VP and officer of a public Fortune 500 company, I'll maintain such a take.

Wildhack has been out of ESPN for some time. It's a different regime from when he was there. Foremost, it's a publicly traded company. Its influence is not from some past employee, but rather by its stock/shareholders. It's a significant factor in why Disney actively repurchases its own stock...a key strategy in its attempt to positively impact its PE/financial ratios, etc.

To think that a former employee of this nature would have any real/legitimate pull, clout or what have you with such a company is, well...believe as you wish.

The league’s marquee matchup this week - FSU @Ncstate is on the ACC network.

It’s not by accident that the ACCN is getting the best weekly matchups.

The league is trying like hell to maximize ad revenue on the ACCN where there is potential advertising market growth.

The time slots on ABC and the ESPN suite of stations likely have far fewer avails.

I'm sure they are trying like hell to maximize revenue. However, the ACCN is pretty bad. Many folks here have commented about it over the past couple of years or so. I believe you yourself have commented along those lines relative to such production, studio hosts, etc. ineptness. Perhaps, I'm mistaken in that regard.

One thing I'm not mistaken about. I just watched two nights ago the conference's best/marquee matchup in primetime on the Mothership. So, one could certainly make an argument relative to your non-accidental premise.

Having been around the executive arena, and my spouse having been an Executive VP and officer of a public Fortune 500 company, I'll maintain such a take.

Wildhack has been out of ESPN for some time. It's a different regime from when he was there. Foremost, it's a publicly traded company. Its influences is not from some past employee, but by its stock/shareholders. It's a significant factor in why Disney actively repurchases its own stock...a key strategy in its attempt to positively impact its PE/financial ratios, etc.

To think that a former employee of this nature would have any real/legitimate pull, clout or what have you with such a company is, well...believe as you wish.

I'm sure they are trying like hell to maximize revenue. However, the ACCN is so bad. Many folks here have commented about it over the past couple of years or so. I believe you yourself have commented along those lines relative to such production, studio hosts, etc. ineptness. Perhaps, I'm mistaken in that regard.

One thing I'm not mistaken about. I just watched two nights ago the conference's best/marquee matchup in primetime on the Mothership. So, one could certainly make an argument relative to your non-accidental premise.

JW isn't making the programming guide, but he's one of the lead ACC AD's all all things media.

I have no problem with the ACC network and it's a great partner with SU and Newhouse.

JW isn't making the programming guide, but he's one of the lead ACC AD's all all things media.

I have no problem with the ACC network and it's a great partner with SU and Newhouse.

I understand. It makes complete sense as this is where (by far) his main expertise lies due to his past life.

Either do I. I agree.

My main point was that, IMO, Wildhack is not in the position or maintains the clout, etc. to supersede in getting SU on the Mothership vs. lower tier simply because of his past ties to ESPN.

This game airing on the ACCN vs. the Mothership, or any of its endeared sister networks, should remove any doubt and the rather humorous false notion that ADJW may have any meaningful connections/relationship with the network's current powers that be.
Why would Wildhack waste his influence on something like that?

I agree l, sometimes people over state the power of his connections, but this wouldn’t be something he would mettle in.

I understand. It makes complete sense as this is where (by far) his main expertise lies due to his past life.

Either do I. I agree.

My main point was that, IMO, Wildhack is not in the position or maintains the clout, etc. to supersede in getting SU on the Mothership vs. lower tier simply because of his past ties to ESPN.

You made the guy sound like Daryl Gross, which is kinda mean... :)

I agree with you and wish it worked that way but I'm not as optimistic about that. TV drives the bus; this is probably more of a happy coincidence.

I think the Venn Diagram of people who have Dish network and people who hate 3:30 games, is two overlapping circles. And you know all 5 of them that are in it.

Wait, they didn’t realize they could attend the games of the team they want to watch on TV?

Or they thought the game was at Wagner?

Or they never got that far in their thinking?

Sometimes, you can’t help these people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom