NC State Postgame Thoughts | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Postgame Thoughts

He's is not comfortable and the game has not slowed-down for him... in fact his play lacks confidence, purpose, and is very erratic... like a player struggling to handle the pace of the games in the ACC.

Maybe he needs another year and he will get that leap in his junior year where things click, but it's also quite possible he's simply not a P5 caliber player and needs to transfer and drop down to a mid-major league.

He seems like a great kid regardless, so I hope it works out for him, whichever path...
It's pretty hard at any level to be comfortable and gain confidence when your opportunities to play are limited. It's tough to go into a game when you have been sitting on the bench most of the year and have limited time in practice playing with the top guys. The minutes he gets this year will pay dividends next year and beyond. I think he has the potential to be a contributor at the ACC level.

He simply can't pass it every time.

Defenders will double others if they know he won't shoot (and that's happening.)

His footwork is all over the place and he's not squaring up in spots, so when he receives the ball and tries to turn, the defender is already on him... and the few times when he is squared, he's going up with legs part and the motion is not fluid. I really hope the coaches help him figure it out, but it's also OK to say at this point that he might not be good enough.

We need better if he can't do it and that means portal or commit flip.
If they arent doubling mintz and starling yet, I dont think they ever will. I have yet to see either get doubled

Nobody walked into this season thinking we were ACC championship contenders. The general consensus was a good team with some obvious flaws, but one that should maybe have a chance for a postseason berth. Any more than that would be a big overachievement.
Obviously we'd love to gel, play our best ball at the right time, and maybe make a run.
We beat a team with an identical record and we basically led throughout. Why is that so hard to accept w/out the requisite biotching and moaning?
yeah thats the issue basically ... many people have just become accustomed to being lower tier middle of the pack

me, personally, not interested in that and never will be.

IF your expectations are low...I can totally see just wanting everyone to be quiet and cheer

I had high expectations for this season...theres 4 and 5 star talent throughout the roster. I can confidently say that the Orange has had more talent than at least 3/4 of the teams they have played this season. (and I also think that there hasnt been a team they have played that they couldnt beat, at least in theory, given the relative levels of talent...execution has been poor...but that doesnt mean the gap is so large that the teams that beat them were unbeatable)

so we are just different.

you and the group that youre in - are realists and just happy no matter what happens...and thats totally fine.

me...I remember the good years and thats my standard, so Im not going to grade the team on a curve.

yeah thats the issue basically ... many people have just become accustomed to being lower tier middle of the pack

me, personally, not interested in that and never will be.

IF your expectations are low...I can totally see just wanting everyone to be quiet and cheer

I had high expectations for this season...theres 4 and 5 star talent throughout the roster. I can confidently say that the Orange has had more talent than at least 3/4 of the teams they have played this season. (and I also think that there hasnt been a team they have played that they couldnt beat, at least in theory, given the relative levels of talent...execution has been poor...but that doesnt mean the gap is so large that the teams that beat them were unbeatable)

so we are just different.

you and the group that youre in - are realists and just happy no matter what happens...and thats totally fine.

me...I remember the good years and thats my standard, so Im not going to grade the team on a curve.

you dont get it will ferrell GIF by Saturday Night Live

It's pretty hard at any level to be comfortable and gain confidence when your opportunities to play are limited. It's tough to go into a game when you have been sitting on the bench most of the year and have limited time in practice playing with the top guys. The minutes he gets this year will pay dividends next year and beyond. I think he has the potential to be a contributor at the ACC level.

I could be wrong, but I believe kingtidge was talking about Taylor and you are talking about Carey?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom