NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 20 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 20

Wesley was good and then terrible in the final minute. Two horrible turnovers and a missed free throw. ND got hammered twice under the basket with no call. Hit twice in the head. ND battled the entire game.

Notre Dame players got fouled a lot in the final two minutes. None was called. NCAA wants ND out so they can say ACC is bad this year.

1647826077615.png

I think Duke is so much more explosive. Sixty points will win the game. I don’t think Tech is able to shut down all Duke’s weapons. If Duke can speed them up they could run them out the gym.

Given the level of recruits and talent that Coach K has got since their last title, we should be upset with him not earning us more money. No final fours for Duke since 2015 - he should have earned Syracuse more money.

Thankfully teams like Virginia, Syracuse, UNC have made the final four since the last time Duke has.

Curious on the amount, if this is wrong my bad, did a quick search:

How much money do teams get for making the NCAA Tournament?

The quick and dirty on it is this: Every game a team plays in the NCAA Tournament is worth one unit. Each 2022 unit is worth $338,887 paid to the conference of the participating school. Each unit has a six-year shelf life, meaning one unit this season is worth $2,033,322 overall.

Just responding to the idea that Izzo doesn't deliver in March which is insane.

I wasn’t knocking your comment. The post you responded too.

I must say, if Wesley was on Syracuse I'm not sure I could forgive him for that nonsense.
Not sure he is looking for forgiveness as he is a projected 1st rounder in any mock draft that I've seen. I agree with your sentiment though. You want to see hero ball check out the Auburn guards lol.

No clue how we built those leads against Miami and should have won both games, but Miami is legit. Many interchangeable players and tremendous ball movement. The constant back door cutting is really great. That’s probably why we did well against them, harder to have those back door looks.

No clue how we built those leads against Miami and should have won both games, but Miami is legit. Many interchangeable players and tremendous ball movement. The constant back door cutting is really great. That’s probably why we did well against them, harder to have those back door looks.
Agree and it's never a bad thing to see Bruce Pearl go down. Go Canes!

The zone eliminates their back doors and dribble drives. Their defense is what can be suffocating at times. We saw that down the stretch in both games. They have no fear.

I don't get the constant anti-Duke, anti-Coach K animosity here. He has been a true friend of JB, honoring him as his top assistant on three US Olympic teams and always supporting him during such things as the Bernie Fine fiasco and the NCAA's outrageous action in 2015. We need the ACC to do well in the tournament ... not just for the prestige, but also for the very significant money we earn from each win by a conference member.
I don't get it either. I don't root for Duke, but some folks act like they're Darth Vader and the Evil Empire. Coach K is without a doubt the top HC of his era and frankly deserves all the accolades- his record speaks for itself. Don't know if its just jealousy, or envy, or just good old fashioned haterade, but its always been odd to me. JMHO

You (not you personally, but all the Duke haters here) have no idea regarding the financial realities of big-time college sports. The major reason why schools switch conferences is because of the money. Syracuse seriously depends on the ACC's NCAA basketball shares to help support its athletic program. All you guys who want to hire big time basketball coaches and big time football coaches, you ignore how much such coaches cost. And then you deprecate a major potential source of funding. I don't get it. Every tourney win by an ACC member helps us.
Sorry but I think that is complete nonsense. So if Duke wins it all it will materially help the SU basketball program? There is no way that those extra few bucks matter anywhere near as much as the gate from games at the Dome or the ACC TV contract for both football and basketball. So will BC and Pitt hoops also benefit from Duke's success? UVA won it all in 2019, how come our hoops program has been so mediocre since then?

As a college hoops fan that has rooted against Duke all my life I'm supposed to pull for them now cuz the SU athletic department will get a few more dollars to fund the women's field hockey team? In the immortal words of John McEnroe, you can not be serious. I'm sure Carolina fans are pulling hard for Duke cuz of the basketball share they'll receive from a Duke NC. smh

ACC holding their own this tournament so far

The ACC is the Pac-12 of last year. They did everything wrong early in the year, earned their tournament fate (i.e. seedings + bids) and surprisingly dominated in the tournament. Miami might be the UCLA of this year's tournament. (UCLA was an #11 seed that made the final four)

I'm glad the ACC teams are representing pretty well and I don't mean to be a party pooper, but it was still a bad year for the league imho. We can't just pretend the teams that didn't make the tournament weren't part of the conference and we put them up for adoption.

Miami has great guards which really pays dividends in March tourney. Also Larranaga is a damn good coach who can really get a team prepared for tourney games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom