NCAA action Thursday | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA action Thursday

I was at the Badger(I really like that word) game early in the season and afterward a fan said not to worry, things would get better for us. I told him they looked like a final 4 team the way they played. Little did I know it was because we were that bad.

Not much the first day, but makes for a nice set of Saturday games.

Wisconsin has always seemed to be a solid tournament team even without winning the big one.

Not that long ago, they were national heroes, taking out Kentucky. I was at a Badger bar and was probably close to as happy as many of them. Sadly they let me down vs Duke in the title match.

I would pick Wisconsin to beat Gonzaga. I don't think they will beat Villanova but that is a tough 2nd round matchup for Villanova and Florida/Virginia won so Nova is getting a tough road to the Elite 8.

Not that long ago, they were national heroes, taking out Kentucky. I was at a Badger bar and was probably close to as happy as many of them. Sadly they let me down vs Duke in the title match.

The Refs in the game let us down.

When does a 1-16 game officially become an upset watch? Mount St Mary's up 1 on Nova 2 minutes to go in the first half.

If it's still close at the 10:00 mark of the second half. Most of these 1/16, 2/15 games that are close at halftime are over in the first four minutes of the second half after the favorite wakes up, gets chewed out at halftime, etc. If the underdog can survive that rush then we've got something.

Some of the early lines for Saturday games

upload_2017-3-17_0-27-15.png

His talents exceed the conference. It happens frequently up here.
I think he's in the right conference. He's a 6-5 center, not an NBA talent. He's a very skilled, smart, naturally strong player who works hard.

I think he's in the right conference. He's a 6-5 center, not an NBA talent. He's just very skilled, smart, naturally strong player who works hard.

Why would you make that jump? He's definitely a high mid-major talent, not an America East talent. He almost won player of the year as a freshman.

Why would you make that jump? He's definitely a high mid-major talent, not an America East talent. He almost won player of the year as a freshman.
Because what would be the point of transferring? To go from a mid-major to a slightly better mid-major? At least at Vermont he has a chance to go to four NCAA Tournaments.

i want every ACC team to win.
Just don't want ND to win it all. Syracuse is still the only private school to have won both football and basketball national championships.

Because what would be the point of transferring? To go from a mid-major to a slightly better mid-major? At least at Vermont he has a chance to go to four NCAA Tournaments.

Just telling you. It happens all the time up here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom