NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24 | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is, we know smoking kills yet we still allow it and it kills far more than Covid-19 in the US and worldwide. With no end in sight. Lives matter sometimes...when it’s convenient...politically.
Why are we even comparing these two unrelated things? Yes, if smoking was banned a lot of lives would be saved. The same could be said for alcohol. Another point, if Covid was caused by a product from companies that donated heavily to political campaigns over the last 100 years, you could be darn sure that product would be legal, just restricted to those over 21.

Dude don't hit me with that. I get it but you can't shut the country and economy down forever either. People need to be able to get their businesses and lives back. How many people have lost their businesses already lost their homes or on the verge. And as far as NY state goes why are we the only state shutdown and unable to try and get our lives back ? Answer me that.

we’re shutdown? Just stop.

we’re shutdown? Just stop.

Compared to Neighboring states Yes. Murphy in NJ is allowing up to 25 people gatherings.

Have a good night. Praying for sports return like yesterday.

Dude don't hit me with that. I get it but you can't shut the country and economy down forever either. People need to be able to get their businesses and lives back. How many people have lost their businesses already lost their homes or on the verge. And as far as NY state goes why are we the only state shutdown and unable to try and get our lives back ? Answer me that.
First, What are you talking about? NY is far from the only state. I live in Ct. We are shut down. I live right next to Mass. They are shut down. So, that isn't true. And I believe New Jersey has been shut down right with New York. And I don't believe there have been a wave of foreclosures. It's been three months. Not three years. Get your lives back? You have zero understanding of dealing with hardship.

they showed a beach in Cali and the only one maintaining social distancing and wearing a mask was the reporter. It was packed.
The doors are open. Unless there is a horrific spike they wont close again. Social distancing bought time which was needed to prepare. From hospital ships, to field hospitals. From no treatment to treatments. From no Vaccine to multiple promising trials. No ventilators to an excess.
The truth is the world has done an amazing job in 4 months.
We have spread the curve to the point that we can risk starting to fight the economic pandemic.
Im very proud of how our Government and others across the world have responded. Is it perfect, of course not. Still regardless of politics it has been a job well done. We have this pandemic in our cross hairs. We have landed at Normandy and secured the beach. There is no doubt the Human race will defeat the virus. Now its time to prevent an economic collapse and support peoples financial health.

completely agree we shut down too late. Completely disagree that we need to just flip the switch and go back to how things were pre-virus.

not necessarily flip a switch, but I think we could move through the stages a bit faster, especially if it’s evident there isn’t any major upticks in hospitalizations.

Cool, you should probably consider moving then.

And you still don’t know why we’re supposed to wear masks.
I Think masks should be left up to the to the individual. Someone said people were packed in restraunts without masks in one state in south padre. Why cant we have the choice when restraunts reopen for dine in here for example.
And there it is. Doesn't get it. Never will.

MASKS ARE TO PROTECT OTHERS, NOT YOU!!!

You DO NOT have a right to potentially harm others.

You have been told this many times, (including more than once by me, even in this thread) but you either don't want to wear one, or you don't care about infecting others.

Truly unbelievable. You should be ashamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.