NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24 | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell which side your on. Theres the side with me, Frankiefan, Jheeter, TexanMark, and Chris02m and NateW. Then theres the other side with Bees, Dasher, NineoneSeven, DWORANGE, and Orange79 and a couple others. Seems to be the theme of how these threads have gone.
I'm on neither. There are intellectually honest facts to have a productive debate, on both sides. I dont understand "sides" on this. It affects us all, and I despise political discussions. I'm not a D or R. I despise them, both.

Mentioned previously, I post on my FB page, only scientific/economic studies. My far left, and far right friends always agree(I only post factual or peer reviewed) Because they dont know what side I'm on, either. They have honest discussions, because they think my friends are the same political party they are. They are not. I support both "sides" valid information They agree on the same d@mn facts, and then descend into hateful political talk, amongst their own.

I want no part of that.

Last edited:
I'm on neither. There are intellectually honest facts to have a productive debate, on both sides. I dont understand "sides" on this. It affects us all, and I despise political discussions. I'm not a D or R. I despise them, both.

Mentioned previously, I post on my FB page, only scientific/economic studies. My far left, and far right friends always agree, because they dont know what side I'm on, either. They have honest discussions, because they think my friends are the same political party they are. They are not. I support both "sides" valid information They agree on the same d@mn facts, and then descend into hateful political talk, amongst their own.

I want no part of that.
Agreed. I did not want to use the energy, but I am not on a "side" either. It appears that way to him, just because I couldn't let some of the things posted get off that easily. Like I said...I cannot look away.

I can't tell which side your on. Theres the side with me, Frankiefan, Jheeter, TexanMark, and Chris02m and NateW. Then theres the other side with Bees, Dasher, NineoneSeven, DWORANGE, and Orange79 and a couple others. Seems to be the theme of how these threads have gone.

what are these “sides”? I’m curious what each side believes in.

I want Syracuse to play sports. All of the sports

what are these “sides”? I’m curious what each side believes in.

Go thru this threads and the threads on the OT. Whos been agreeing with who.

I'm not gonna recap the whole thing been going back n forth with u for well over 2 weeks.

Go thru this threads and the threads on the OT. Whos been agreeing with who.

I'm not gonna recap the whole thing been going back n forth with u for well over 2 weeks.

ok. I know what my side wants. That is for establishments to slowly and carefully open to a phased plan which is based on the data and wcienxe. And for businesses to adhere to the requirements of opening and people to adhere to social distancing and wearing masks when and where needed per the guidelines.

Since I’m sure you don’t want to go even slower and not open anything, and your claiming your side wants something different than my side, it must be your side wants everything to fully open pronto and completely like before the virus and rules be damned and let the virus just spread out of control. I’m willing to bet the others on your side don’t want that.

ok. I know what my side wants. That is for establishments to slowly and carefully open to a phased plan which is based on the data and wcienxe. And for businesses to adhere to the requirements of opening and people to adhere to social distancing and wearing masks when and where needed per the guidelines.

Since I’m sure you don’t want to go even slower and not open anything, and your claiming your side wants something different than my side, it must be your side wants everything to fully open pronto and completely like before the virus and rules be damned and let the virus just spread out of control. I’m willing to bet the others on your side don’t want that.

Not what I want, not what I have ever said. Ive been consitent i feel and think about the people behind every closed business and their families as much as those who have been lost and families affected from the virus itself. But i believe the solution could not become worse then the problem itself years of economic ruin and suffering and the many ripple effects.

Agreed. I did not want to use the energy, but I am not on a "side" either. It appears that way to him, just because I couldn't let some of the things posted get off that easily. Like I said...I cannot look away.
I couldn't either. I won't disparage their position, as I agree with some underlying facts that weren't presented. Emotional response (which may be warranted) is not always the best way, but I'm certain that is real for them. Orangezoo's response was effective.

Unlike y'all staying at home. I've worked in hospitals with full Covid wards. (Just information Technology) Nothing compared to front line. It freaking sucks. Every last one of us runs home, strips, and takes the longest showers of our lives. I dont want your sympathy, or even well wishes.

I'd be a crazy person to latch on to political talking points. What's real for many of us now, will be real for all of us shortly.

Not what I want, not what I have ever said. Ive been consitent i feel and think about the people behind every closed business and their families as much as those who have been lost and families affected from the virus itself. But i believe the solution could not become worse then the problem itself years of economic ruin and suffering and the many ripple effects.

so what do you disagree with on my “side”? What’s the differentiation?

so what do you disagree with on my “side”? What’s the differentiation?

Im not gonna blow my neighbors or blow in neighborhood businesses in for social distancing violations and such. Nor if I'm in public and somebodys not wearing a mask tell them to put one on cause they are endangering my health. Cause its a free country and people can do what they want and if they don't wanna wear a mask they shouldn't have to and businesses can run thier businesses as they wish again its a free country we have freedom and civil liberties. You come off as the Big Boss Man enforcing McMahons Law (Its a WWF reference) they are not disrespecting my health.

Im not gonna blow my neighbors or blow in neighborhood businesses in for social distancing violations and such. Nor if I'm in public and somebodys not wearing a mask tell them to put one on cause they are endangering my health. Cause its a free country and people can do what they want and if they don't wanna wear a mask they shouldn't have to and businesses can run thier businesses as they wish again its a free country we have freedom and civil liberties. You come off as the Big Boss Man enforcing McMahons Law (Its a WWF reference) they are not disrespecting my health.

So you’re back to everyone do what they want. Virus be damned. I won’t ask you any more. Like they say, when someone tells you who they are, believe them.

So you’re back to everyone do what they want. Virus be damned. I won’t ask you any more. Like they say, when someone tells you who they are, believe them.

I'm done on these threads its been 2 weeks. Make me out to be a heartless extreme conservative. Conservative yes, extreme maybe, heartless no.

I'm done on these threads its been 2 weeks. Make me out to be a heartless extreme conservative. Conservative yes, extreme maybe, heartless no.

“Cause its a free country and people can do what they want and if they don't wanna wear a mask they shouldn't have to and businesses can run thier businesses as they wish again its a free country we have freedom and civil liberties.”

“Cause its a free country and people can do what they want and if they don't wanna wear a mask they shouldn't have to and businesses can run thier businesses as they wish again its a free country we have freedom and civil liberties.”

Like i said bro. Goodnight have a good holiday weekend.

Wow. You put me in with some great company. Historically speaking, I've had some serious disagreements with those first two legends you've listed, so maybe I've finally turned the corner.
power of the dark side.gif

I assume in between your duties as mayor of Party Central this weekend, you'll remember to pay your respects to the veterans that paid the ultimate sacrifice, you know the REAL reason for the holiday. Obviously that sacrifice pales in comparison to what you're being asked to do as far as being responsible with your social life while we deal with a pandemic. But I still think it deserves to be recognized.

Here I even found you a local veterans cemetery if you can spare a few minutes

Veteran's Memorial Cemetery
4069 Howlett Hill Rd, Syracuse, NY 13215

Arlington National is closed unless you are a family member with a pass. The Scouts aren't allowed to place flags on graves this year. Which is socially distant, outdoors, with an extremely low risk group.

Status
Not open for further replies.