NCAA Day 1 Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Day 1 Thread

Marquette with a fantastic take to the rack for the lead with 1 second left.

Rrrrrr. I can't believe Marquette is going to walk away from this. Davidson deserved this win, not Marquette.

Davidson with a major choke down the stretch here. Picked Marquette but would love to see them blow this now some how.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

How does Davidson pull that off? Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

I was hoping that would be the 14 vs 3 upset for this tourney. That would make us a sure lock for tonight. No way two 14 seeds win in the same day.

Less upsets in round of 64 is not so bad.

Round of 32 could be best round in tourney in 2013.

Not complaining about the calls (I've agreed with all of 'em), but does it seem like the whistles in the Zags game are LATE ones a lot.

Why do Marquette and Pitt only play well against us?
We are the "bad guys in their eyes. Success does that for all teams.The now official quintessential Evil Empire is and have been for sometime the NY Yankees. Add a team or program like Notre Dame etc.Constant winners are reviled by the public.:p

Not complaining about the calls (I've agreed with all of 'em), but does it seem like the whistles in the Zags game are LATE ones a lot.
Ref waited until that Olynyk shot rolled out before he blew the whistle on that last one. That was pretty bad.

Ref waited until that Olynyk shot rolled out before he blew the whistle on that last one. That was pretty bad.

Yeah, on the replays they look like fouls, but it seems like they're waiting on a lot of calls to blow the whistle depending on the outcome of the play (or at least that one official is).

They finally called one on him - and that whistle came late too

OK. Everytime I leave the room, the underdog comes back or does good. I have to leave the room again. Later...

Some badass screening by Olynyk. I guess.

What the hell happened to Rex Chapman? He's at least twice his size from college. Remember how he could jump through the roof? He probably can't get off the ground at all now.

Well, looks like my Oregon pick is actually going to work out.

Well, looks like my Oregon pick is actually going to work out.

It's funny how all the talking heads immediately jumped on this game, and then backed off. I must have heard the same commentary 10 times today.

"Everyone is picking Oregon, but OK State has a great backcourt...they'll pull it out."

I stuck with Oregon too (not much of an upset though).