NCAA drops the ban hammer on Missouri for 2019 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA drops the ban hammer on Missouri for 2019

Post season bans for football, baseball and softball. Recruiting restrictions. 5% reduction in number of scholarships for next year (that’s 4.25 schollies for football). Financial penalty of $5k plus 1% of the football, baseball and softball budgets.

Ouch!

wonder if they have any good OTs already on the roster that want to transfer out now? I bet the sanctions would help get a kid a waiver to play immediately. just a thought from out here in the Midwest Tundra

No bowl this year and they also will have a seven-week ban on unofficial visits, a 12.5-percent reduction in official visits and evaluation days, and a seven-week ban on recruiting communications and off-campus recruiting evaluation days.

NCAA penalizes Missouri in academic fraud case

Self reported.

We all know that's the wrong thing to do.
No kidding. I’m convinced the absolute best thing that you can do in the event of an NCAA investigation is listen to a couple Geto Boys songs (it seems like about 1/4 of them are about not talking to police), and tell the NCAA to shove off. The absolute worst thing that you can do is invite an NCAA investigation (and/or punishment) by self reporting.

Also, never, ever try to set any standards above the absolute NCAA minimum. The NCAA has made it abundantly clear that they don’t reward schools for trying to do the right thing. They reward schools for making money (which is usually a product of winning).

Hilarious that a football team -- with 85 scholarships available --gets docked the same number of scholarships that our basketball team -- with 13 available -- did.
I get (and got) the feeling that Swofford didn’t go to bat for us.

The NCAA is a joke. Schools should wear the penalties as badges of honor because the NCAA has no moral authority to sit in judgment if anyone.

Players don’t really care about the bowl games anymore, unless it’s a CFP game.

Agree. Not surprised he is staying. He's pretty much guaranteed to be starting QB which I'm sure was the biggest factor in choosing Mizzou in the first place.

No kidding. I’m convinced the absolute best thing that you can do in the event of an NCAA investigation is listen to a couple Geto Boys songs (it seems like about 1/4 of them are about not talking to police), and tell the NCAA to shove off. The absolute worst thing that you can do is invite an NCAA investigation (and/or punishment) by self reporting.

Also, never, ever try to set any standards above the absolute NCAA minimum. The NCAA has made it abundantly clear that they don’t reward schools for trying to do the right thing. They reward schools for making money (which is usually a product of winning).
Language NSFW

They don't? SU players looked pretty happy at the Camping World Bowl game.

True but Bryant has been there, done that when it comes to bowl games. Now he wants the starting job.

Never self report. Deny. Deny. Deny.

Play players that might be deemed ineligible and get the title stripped later.

Sadly I’m not joking at all. If the NCAA was consistent is one thing but the punishments are so random, it’s not worth it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom