NCAA Final Four Games for Saturday April 3 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Final Four Games for Saturday April 3

Yep, from Winnipeg Manitoba.
In retrospect the level of talent that developed in the Winnipeg Music scene in the mid 60's is pretty significant for a city of maybe 300,000 at the time. Neil Young, Barton Cummings (Guess Who), Randy Bachman (Guess Who, BTO).

As an aside, watched an interesting Bio/Doc on Randy Bachman last summer.
NelI Young is from Toronto. His father, Scott Young was a sports writer for the Toronto Star. I always read his columns

In retrospect the level of talent that developed in the Winnipeg Music scene in the mid 60's is pretty significant for a city of maybe 300,000 at the time. Neil Young, Barton Cummings (Guess Who), Randy Bachman (Guess Who, BTO).

Yeah BTO had some big hits.

NelI Young is from Toronto

He lived in Winnipeg as a teenager (moved with his Mom to Winnipeg after his parents divorce) and that is where he started his music career.

From Wiki

Early career (1963–1966)[edit]​

Young and his mother settled into the working-class area of Fort Rouge, Winnipeg, where the shy, dry-humoured youth enrolled at Earl Grey Junior High School. It was there that he formed his first band, the Jades, and met Ken Koblun. While attending Kelvin High School in Winnipeg, he played in several instrumental rock bands, eventually dropping out of school in favour of a musical career.[38] Young's first stable band was The Squires, with Ken Koblun, Jeff Wuckert and Bill Edmondson on drums, who had a local hit called "The Sultan". The band played in Fort William (now part of the city of Thunder Bay, Ontario), where they recorded a series of demos produced by a local producer, Ray Dee, whom Young called "the original Briggs".[39] While playing at The Flamingo, Young met Stephen Stills, whose band the Company was playing the same venue, and they became friends.[40] The Squires played in several dance halls and clubs in Winnipeg and Ontario.[41]

After leaving the Squires, Young worked folk clubs in Winnipeg, where he first met Joni Mitchell.[42] Mitchell recalls Young as having been highly influenced by Bob Dylan at the time.[43] Here he wrote some of his earliest and most enduring folk songs such as "Sugar Mountain", about lost youth. Mitchell wrote "The Circle Game" in response.[44] The Winnipeg band The Guess Who (with Randy Bachman as lead guitarist) had a Canadian Top 40 hit with Young's "Flying on the Ground is Wrong", which was Young's first major success as a songwriter.[45]

Whenever I think of Winnipeg I think of this joke ad.

Whenever I think of Winnipeg I think of this joke ad.

When I think of Winnipeg, I think of terribly cold windy winters, followed my millions of mosquitoes in the summer.

Is the gap between final four games always this long.
Or was this just a way of trying to generate more ad revenue around the final four?

The wait reminds me of the time that CBS went with the 2 hour selection show.

Is the gap between final four games always this long.
Or was this just a way of trying to generate more ad revenue around the final four?
Covid clean, allegedly

Covid clean, allegedly

While I ragged on the NCAA for their handling of the start of the NCAA tourney they have seemed to handle things well once the tourney started and set up good protocols. To not have any issues in two weeks -- they did something right.

That being said they were extremely lucky that only VCU had issues and there was no spread early on given that they never actually established a quarantine period prior to the start of the NCAA tournament which is a fundamental element of creating a proper bubble.

When I think of Winnipeg, I think of terribly cold windy winters, followed my millions of mosquitoes in the summer.
They don’t call it Winterpeg for nothing

Gonzaga has won by double digits in 27 consecutive games.

Assuming they make it 28 after tonight (reasonable assumption), and they win against Baylor (which is certainly far from certain), where would they rank in terms of the best teams since 2000?

How much credit, or lack of credit, do you give to them if they go undefeated?
Are they a top 3 team since 2000?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom