NCAA forms Commission on College Basketball | Syracusefan.com

NCAA forms Commission on College Basketball

LOL, isn't the NCAA a commission on college sports which would include college basketball? Now, they need a separate commission? So, when does the commission on college football get organized, or college wrestling or college track and field. They've all had their share of scandals.

That means more dinners at St. Elmo’s for Emmert and his new cronies.

LOL, isn't the NCAA a commission on college sports which would include college basketball? Now, they need a separate commission? So, when does the commission on college football get organized, or college wrestling or college track and field. They've all had their share of scandals.
6a0120a85dcdae970b01287770508e970c-pi.png

Thank goodness Grant Hill is on it so we can really deep dive into Duke's amazing recruiting success. On the other hand - does UNC starting sweating even more now?

And since John Thompson III is on it, I expect daddy to have an opinion or two. Wonder if the committee will be as scared of him as the Georgetown administration is.

Emmett must not have a mirror.

Agreed--what a hypocrite. Shouldn't this have been their mandate all along -- not just after the FBI forced their hand by doing their work for them and exposing them as a completely ineffectual governing body?

"We need to do right by student-athletes," Emmert added. "I believe we can -- and we must -- find a way to protect the integrity of college sports by addressing both sides of the coin: fairness and opportunity for college athletes, coupled with the enforcement capability to hold accountable those who undermine the standards of our community."​

This gives them an out to go light on UNC, Louisville, and others and say the system was broken and now we have a commission to fix it. No sense dwelling in the past, but we're going to be really tough when Syracuse breaks the new rules.

Rolling my eyes. They'll never address the issue of player compensation (at least sharing a portion of NCAA tourney revenue) or players benefitting from their likenesses or their ridiculous amateurism rules, which were concocted to protect their cartel. And people like Condi Rice leading the commission? Please. She's made a career out of protecting powerful people and their corruption and terrible policy decisions. Mark Emmert?!? His job is to protect the NCAA's interests only. He's not going to support any real reforms of the system.

This gives them an out to go light on UNC, Louisville, and others and say the system was broken and now we have a commission to fix it. No sense dwelling in the past, but we're going to be really tough when Syracuse breaks the new rules.
^^^
yep

It took the NCAA 8 years to unearth the Fab Melo term paper scandal. I can only imagine how long it will take for this Commission to unearth anything.

It took the NCAA 8 years to unearth the Fab Melo term paper scandal. I can only imagine how long it will take for this Commission to unearth anything.
But they'll meet regularly to plan how their unearthing process will work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom