NCAA Limits Teams to 45 on the Bench, Sparking Tough Conversations, Fan Outcry | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Limits Teams to 45 on the Bench, Sparking Tough Conversations, Fan Outcry

That’s absurd considering they played all season with no bench restrictions. So stupid
Back in the day (and it may still be true) the NCAA placed a limit on how many people they would pay for when it came to flying to a game and I think there's also a roster limit for the playoffs that's less than the usual number on the roster. I got cut out of flying to a UVa playoff game because we were over the limit, so I was made #1 on the waiting list. This just seems to be an extension of this.

Back in the day (and it may still be true) the NCAA placed a limit on how many people they would pay for when it came to flying to a game and I think there's also a roster limit for the playoffs that's less than the usual number on the roster. I got cut out of flying to a UVa playoff game because we were over the limit, so I was made #1 on the waiting list. This just seems to be an extension of this.

I only think it’s absurd if it has anything to do with Covid

Roster limit for tournament games has been 32 players for a while.

Although they haven't really enforced how many players could be on the sidelines.

Roster limit for tournament games has been 32 players for a while.

Although they haven't really enforced how many players could be on the sidelines.
I only think it’s absurd if it has anything to do with Covid

So all that's happening now is that the guys who don't dress (I think I've seen them in the warm-up tee and shorts during the playoffs) because of the roster limit aren't going to be allowed to be on the bench and have to sit in the stands. I don't see a reason for all the outrage.

1620944298982.png

Here's the actual clickable tweet (just in case someone wants to sign their name to the petition).

Please remember -

While the number of people in the bench area during the NCAA playoffs has not been limited in the past, the number of players on the roster allowed to dress has always been limited. Why else have we seen healthy players in shorts and "shooting shirts" on the benches? The NCAA has always limited the number in a team's traveling party that they will pay for in all sports in all divisions.

Why is this coming as news to so many people?

Last edited:
Please remember -

While the number of people in the bench area during the NCAA playoffs has not been limited in the past, the number of players on the roster allowed to dress has always been limited. Why else have we seen healthy players in shorts and "shooting shirts" on the benches? The NCAA has always limited the number in a team's traveling party that they will pay for in all sports in all divisions.

Why is this coming as news to so many people?

Hey Hoos...

Are you planning on winning ALL the Women's Rowing races today, or can you leave a few scraps for the rest of us? :D

Hey Hoos...

Are you planning on winning ALL the Women's Rowing races today, or can you leave a few scraps for the rest of us? :D
They're amazing. They've won all but one ACC Championship (they came in 2nd to Clemson). What's mind boggling is how many athletes in other sports our coach makes into rowers. I saw two of them who made the Olympic team at a letterwinners' reunion lunch. Tall and powerful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom