NCAA National Championship Thread... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA National Championship Thread...

I don’t care. I can’t root for the ACC. It’s not part of our heritage. UVA is like the Pitt of the ACC. All clutching and grabbing but with much better shooting.
So, what?... you want to play in the Pac 12, where no one wins anything anymore and everyone thinks the conference is a joke?

So what?... you want to play in the Pac 12, where no one wins anything anymore and everyone thinks the conference is a joke?

Where did I say that? But if SU is out, I’m not rooting for the ACC. We will never be part of that top tier. The best we can ever hope to finish is third. Probably forth because the UVA machine will be in full effect now in the years to come. You’re delusional if you think that UVA winning doesn’t directly negatively affect Syracuse.

That’s not replay. That’s some convoluted frame scrubbing nonsense. You can’t say that one call has to be conclusive to overturn it, so you don’t overturn it, and then the next time you use replay, a call that is the very definition of inconclusive is overturned.

If you’re not going to be consistent, the whole system becomes a joke, which it is.
Yeah, i still don't get it. Frame scrubbing? That's just precision in video. Evidence. Going slower doesn't falsify the imagery.

Out by a fingernail is still out, isn't it?

As for fouls—there's just a practical point at which you have to discern what can be examined. A possession call is not a subjective matter. A foul call is. Get right what you can get right, even if it means you can't get everything right.

With the stoppages and reviews, right now, i don't feel as if i've lost anything, excitement-wise.

I don’t care. I can’t root for the ACC. It’s not part of our heritage. UVA is like the Pitt of the ACC. All clutching and grabbing but with much better shooting.
How many years before we're a part of the ACC, heritage-wise? Never? Not in our lifetimes?
I might feel the same way, if the Big East were still the Big East. But, it's not. There's no 'home' left to regret leaving.

Where did I say that? But if SU is out, I’m not rooting for the ACC. We will never be part of that top tier. The best we can ever hope to finish is third. Probably forth because the UVA machine will be in full effect now in the years to come. You’re delusional if you think that UVA winning doesn’t directly negatively affect Syracuse.
I mean, that’s essentially what you’re saying.

Clemson coming to Syracuse could be Gameday, because their National Champions.

Virginia/Syracuse to open the season will be hype af, because their National Champions.

The conference is pushing the B1G for 2nd place in the pecking order behind the SEC.

That’s better for us...if WE up our game. I’d rather handle our own ish, and capitalize, than root for others around us to fail.

Yeah, i still don't get it. Frame scrubbing? That's just precision in video. Evidence. Going slower doesn't falsify the imagery.

As for fouls—there's just a practical point at which you have to discern what can be examined. A possession call is not a subjective matter. A foul call is. Get right what you can get right, even if it means you can't get everything right.

With the stoppages and reviews, right now, i don't feel as if i've lost anything, excitement-wise.
It doesn't make sense to me that they can frame by frame it under 2 minutes and not at any other point in the game. How many other instances are there that don't get replayed? At least with the NFL the coach can challenge.

Way to completely ignore my point. You can’t be inconsistent with replay if you’re going to use it. On the out of bounds call in the last minute where Tech retained possession, it looked too close to overturn, so they didn’t overturn it. But then on the call in OT they overturned, that replay was arguably even less conclusive in terms of indisputable evidence to overturn. But they overturned it anyway.

That’s the joke. The inconsistency is the joke.

Hunters gone for sure, hes a top 15 pick

Fringe top 5 pick. Jerome probably top 20-25 too if I had to guess and I think he’ll outplay his draft slot.

No clue if Guy will declare but goodness can he shoot the ball.

CBS is indescribably bad through the very end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom