NCState tears | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NCState tears

If we somehow beat Duke again, all bets are off. North Carolina will declare the war of northern aggression again and the riots will start.

1) This thread actually made me register and stop merely lurking.

2) Please leave North Carolina out of this, the wolpfack is not North Carolina, nor is dook... dook is part of the New Jersey University system.

We make a living trying to score in the paint. NC State was settling for jumpshots all game. We attacked the rim, they didn't; that's the reason for the foul disparity.

That's cute, you still think you can explain something to a state fan.

I have to be honest. We're used to Rutgers in the Big East but NC State...NC State takes the cake. That was an impressive display over on PackPride last night.

Posters threatening physical violence, former players talking ish to current players, conspiracy theories that would make Illuminati Watch jealous and the grandest of the grand...fans getting into verbal back and forth attacks with the players.

That board reminds me of the Lion King scene when Simba asks "What is that dark shadowy place?.. That's PackPride, you must never go there."

That was... kudos sir, aptly described.

P.S. We just call it crack ride, because you need to be a on crack ride to fit in over there.

Quick little follow up on the Cooney call.

1) As I posted that photo, its clear the contact was made before the act of shooting. So there's no and 1 possibility.
2) NC State fans were also calling for an intentional foul. Well, there's no such thing. The NCAA took out the rule because it was too difficult to judge "intent". They replaced it with a much more tangible interpretation...Flagrant 1 or Flagrant 2, which are based SOLELY on the force of the foul.

So in essence, the NCAA has ruled that you can INTENTIONALLY foul any time you want, as long as you don't use excessive and unsafe force.

Therefore, the official, actually made the correct call on all fronts.

Carry on...

2) NC State fans were also calling for an intentional foul. Well, there's no such thing. The NCAA took out the rule because it was too difficult to judge "intent". They replaced it with a much more tangible interpretation...Flagrant 1 or Flagrant 2, which are based SOLELY on the force of the foul.

NIT State fans are not good at this basketball thing. I love having them refer to a rule that hasn't been on the books in years. Seriously, they got like a 10 page dedicated thread for the "intentional foul" and no one there mentions that intentional fouls don't exist in NCAA.

Last edited:
zeekay said:
NIT State fans are not good at this basketball thing. I love having them refer to a rule that hasn't been on the books in years. Seriously, they got like a 10 page dedicated thread for the "intentional foul" and no one there mentions that intentional fouls don't exist in NCAA.

It's why when you need to foul you can do it intentionally. Just don't wreck the guy.

Btw, how did you quote Temery when it was Jake that made the post?

Quick little follow up on the Cooney call.

1) As I posted that photo, its clear the contact was made before the act of shooting. So there's no and 1 possibility.

So in essence, the NCAA has ruled that you can INTENTIONALLY foul any time you want, as long as you don't use excessive and unsafe force.

Therefore, the official, actually made the correct call on all fronts.

Carry on...

wonka.jpg

Their meltdown after the Clemson azz kicking tonight was glorious. Remember how they had so much heart and the coaches were geniuses when they were "cheated" out of a win against Syracuse? Well, they were heartless idiots again tonight. couchburn

Their meltdown after the Clemson azz kicking tonight was glorious. Remember how they had so much heart and the coaches were geniuses when they were "cheated" out of a win against Syracuse? Well, they were heartless idiots again tonight. couchburn

Uh no they're saying Clemson loss is a deep-rooted ACC conspiracy (multi-page thread):

"Subject: Numbers don't lie - Jamie Luckie and NC State games

The stats say this is not random. I don't know what it is, I suspect bias/conspiracy/personal vendetta, but it is NOT random.

In the 5 games that Jamie Luckie has worked (FSU, Pitt, NCCU, Wake#1, Clemson) opponents are 124 of 157 at the line. NCSU is 75 of 104. Opponents have MADE 20 more than we've TAKEN.

In 5 random games that we won where Luckie did NOT work (Notre Dame, Maryland, Wake#2, Tennessee, ECU) opponents are 52-85. NCSU is 68-102.
Number don't lie. Something is going on."

Uh no they're saying Clemson loss is a deep-rooted ACC conspiracy (multi-page thread):

"Subject: Numbers don't lie - Jamie Luckie and NC State games

The stats say this is not random. I don't know what it is, I suspect bias/conspiracy/personal vendetta, but it is NOT random.

In the 5 games that Jamie Luckie has worked (FSU, Pitt, NCCU, Wake#1, Clemson) opponents are 124 of 157 at the line. NCSU is 75 of 104. Opponents have MADE 20 more than we've TAKEN.

In 5 random games that we won where Luckie did NOT work (Notre Dame, Maryland, Wake#2, Tennessee, ECU) opponents are 52-85. NCSU is 68-102.
Number don't lie. Something is going on."

Hahaha that's incredible. Those wins- averages to a total of about 3 more foul attempts a game. That includes fouls at the end of the game where the opponent was probably fouling to extend the game.

Sir, how DARE you use logic on a sports board? I once posted on that Board, which was before they banned any posters with a UNC Board registration on Scout, that they usually shoot fewer foul shots because they get beaten like rented mules fairly often and foul a lot trying to catch up. After a considerable amount of cud chewing one said "That doesn't matter...you guys pay the refs".

Now remember...logic is for rational thought, not sports threads re: hoops fans. :)

Sir, how DARE you use logic on a sports board? I once posted on that Board, which was before they banned any posters with a UNC Board registration on Scout, that they usually shoot fewer foul shots because they get beaten like rented mules fairly often and foul a lot trying to catch up. After a considerable amount of cud chewing one said "That doesn't matter...you guys pay the refs".

Now remember...logic is for rational thought, not sports threads re: hoops fans. :)

For the record, I signed-up for that board using my old Sc*ut account when the word came done we were joining the ACC and the mods looked at my syracuse affiliation and denied my request immediately and without explanation. I even emailed them asking for an explanation.

You're not allowed over there if you don't drink the kool aid...

For the record, I signed-up for that board using my old Sc*ut account when the word came done we were joining the ACC and the mods looked at my syracuse affiliation and denied my request immediately and without explanation. I even emailed them asking for an explanation.

You're not allowed over there if you don't drink the kool aid...
Yeah I tried registering there back in April of 2012 just to ask them what kind of player TJ Graham was after the Bills drafted him in the 3rd round. Denied.

Needless to say, Graham sucks!

Yeah I tried registering there back in April of 2012 just to ask them what kind of player TJ Graham was after the Bills drafted him in the 3rd round. Denied.

Needless to say, Graham sucks!

It can be hard for a player to scrub that NC State stench off when they leave. Luckily Russel Wilson went to Wisconsin.

------------------------------------------------------
Dear user,

Recently you applied to access the following At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. community:

PackPride.com

Your request has been DENIED by the site staff.

Thank you,
PackPride.com Staff
----------------------------------------------------

Really? Every other opposing board has let me join.

Losers