NCState tears | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NCState tears

Welcome to the ACC boys. Have to say I felt the Cooney, and Warren sequence of events was a tad controversial but hard to have any sympathy for the Raleigh neighbors considering they can lose by 20+ yet somehow blame the refs.

The Mafia is involved..

"Apparently some don't remember their history. Point shaving by refs has happened before. There were as many refs indicted as there were players during the major mafia run betting scandal of the '50s that ran up and down the east coast. Not saying there's any point shaving scandal being run by the mafia...but, there appears to be a good deal of evidence of some shenanigans going on. Last night I switched over to Fla/Ky the second our game ended. They immediately ran a promo for next Saturday's match-up between Duke and STILL UNDEFEATED Syracuse." -RowanWolf

The Mafia is involved..

"Apparently some don't remember their history. Point shaving by refs has happened before. There were as many refs indicted as there were players during the major mafia run betting scandal of the '50s that ran up and down the east coast. Not saying there's any point shaving scandal being run by the mafia...but, there appears to be a good deal of evidence of some shenanigans going on. Last night I switched over to Fla/Ky the second our game ended. They immediately ran a promo for next Saturday's match-up between Duke and STILL UNDEFEATED Syracuse." -RowanWolf

Oh it gets worse my friend. John Swofford is the only reason UNC, and Duke have won so many games over the years, The ACC has been in conspiracy to hold the Pack down for 25 years, UNC is like the mafia, and will kill for an elite basketball team. The list goes on, and on.

Oh it gets worse my friend. John Swofford is the only reason UNC, and Duke have won so many games over the years, The ACC has been in conspiracy to hold the Pack down for 25 years, UNC is like the mafia, and will kill for an elite basketball team. The list goes on, and on.
I have to be honest. We're used to Rutgers in the Big East but NC State...NC State takes the cake. That was an impressive display over on PackPride last night.

Posters threatening physical violence, former players talking ish to current players, conspiracy theories that would make Illuminati Watch jealous and the grandest of the grand...fans getting into verbal back and forth attacks with the players.

That board reminds me of the Lion King scene when Simba asks "What is that dark shadowy place?.. That's PackPride, you must never go there."

Last edited:
Crazy, paranoid stuff.

It seems every close league game that Syracuse wins this year seems to inspire these wack-a-doo responses from the opposing fan bases.

Syracuse regularly has had this kind of success over the past 30 years yet I don't recall the cheating and game-fixing accusations coming from St. John's, Providence, Seton Hall, Villanova et al fan bases.

Couple that with the all the slavery and lynching references and it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable to be in a conference with these, um 'people'.

It was a close game, your team lost, get over it.

Jeez.

I have to be honest. We're used to Rutgers in the Big East but NC State...NC State takes the cake. That was an impressive display over on PackPride last night.

Posters threatening physical violence, former players talking ish to current players, conspiracy theories that would make IlluminattiWatch jealous and the grandest or the grand...fans getting into verbal back and forth attacks with the players.

That board reminds me of the Lion King scene when Simba asks "What is that dark shadowy place?.. That's PackPride, you must never go there."
All scout boards have some idiots to a degree but PP is the worst of them for more than basketball reasons. UNC student Eve Carson was murdered 5-6 years ago, and I couldn't believe some of the horrific things they were typing about her. Don't wanna clog up the thread too much. Hope you guys beat Duke in the rematch. Sort of interesting to see a 25-0 team in the ACC. It has to be one of the more exciting things I've seen in the last decade.

All scout boards have some idiots to a degree but PP is the worst of them for more than basketball reasons. UNC student Eve Carson was murdered 5-6 years ago, and I couldn't believe some of the horrific things they were typing about her. Don't wanna clog up the thread too much. Hope you guys beat Duke in the rematch. Sort of interesting to see a 25-0 team in the ACC. It has to be one of the more exciting things I've seen in the last decade.
Now I understand why Duke and UNC fans say State fans are crazy. They might want to focus on their team making two terrible turnovers in the last 15 seconds that cost them the game instead of earlier ref calls. Will be rooting for UNC to beat Duke Thursday.

Now I understand why Duke and UNC fans say State fans are crazy. They might want to focus on their team making two terrible turnovers in the last 15 seconds that cost them the game instead of earlier ref calls. Will be rooting for UNC to beat Duke Thursday.
...while simultaneously hoping that a UNC win occurs in three or four overtimes.

Seriously, what is wrong with NC State fans? PP doesn't stand for PackPride, it stands for PrisonPlanet. Get a freakin grip State fans. Would you like Alex Jones to look into this for you?

"I'm going to try to address this, although I seriously think this could have it's own thread. First off. we are part of Basketball Mecca, aka Tobacco Road, and were as storied a program as any of our blue brethren, no need to rehash our fall I think we all know that story well enough, and are well aware of the long standing rivalries as well as the newly rekindled ones that have come to light(cheaters). I still think this is the reason why we have so many What games where no name schmucks come in and have career games against us and we seem to reignite teams that go on afterward to meh levels of play, because we have been the most beatable of the TobRd three and teams get jacked up to play against us & summarily the ACC, see NCCU. So with that back drop we are like the least comely of three hot sisters, not brown bag by any means but compared to the other two certainly not Prom Queen material, however a Wolfpack rising could become a threat to the other twos attention from fair haired beaus like ESPN, AP polls and merchandise makers all with $$$ signs attached. So like Cinderella who's kept in the tower and tattered rags, while the ugly step-sisters, (ewenc/dook), flourish for thirty years gaining influence and prosperity via proxys in media/bog/bot/state govt. we've been locked away no threat to their apparent pride and position. Enter a new system and new coach that gets results and takes us to the big dance and suddenly the lock on recruits and wins isn't such a certainty anymore. You say you're not concerned about the cheats, you better be, because we have given them reason to hate us anew with our revelations of their epic cheating and with someone like swoff running the show you better believe there is vendetta to be had. I think there will come a time where our teams play will outstrip their ability to sway the wins, but I think games like tonight are still reminders that a potent Wolfpack is not something the powers that be desire to see."
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Love all the hate in the ACC! We're the new Duke. Hurray!

"Corrupt officiating cost State this game. Syracuse has been in the conference for less than a damn year and the conference is already giving them dook and holes treatment." -HollySpringsWolf

"JUST COMPLETELY ******* RIGGED. IF YOU DON'T THINK SO, THEN **** YOU YOU STUPID INBREED MOTHER ******." -PaulLasagna

"**** I need to be tied down or I'm going to break somthing." - WolfCap

"**** the ACC." - pskunk119

"**** college basketball, I'm done with it." -wolfpack87
We need T-shirts: Hey ACC: YOU invited US!

Congratulations...you're now the 131st University to have beaten an NCSU basketball team. By winning the game you have proven to have:

1 - Sacrificed at least one virgin prior to the game (may be a human female or female or any species of farm animal for that matter and the Virgin designation is optional)

2 - Failed to properly honor the Unholy Trinity of College Coaching ( Case , Sloan and Valvano with 4 NCAA
probations among them

3 - Sent Swofford a message of undying love and devotion and promised to help cheat NCSU of their due

4 - Sold what was left of your soul to ESPN, the ACC which they both founded and built, and the soon to be
ACC Channel which will prove it's bias by not showing a What If We Hadn't Been Cheated series

5 - Refrained from demanding that an African American hoops player be lynched for dunking on them

6 - Overlooking their devotion to only recruiting outstanding scholar athletes (such as their 3 man
recruiting classes of 2010 and 2012 with an average of 773 and 780 respectively on their SATs)

7 - Failed to realize that once you become an Elite program (by drawing teams with lousy free throw
shooter in the Tourney for instance) you can NEVER lose your Elite status by the usual method of
sucking so hard that you can pull 20 inches of water gauge vacuum thru a chicken wire fence.

8 - Allowing them to do what they do best...defeat themselves thru bad coaching, lousy play and
truly ridiculous decision-making.

OK that's how you earned their ire...and once it's "earned' you can never hope to overcome the agony of
their scorn. :)
Solid effort, but I hate to burst your bubble on one key point...SU has beaten NC State before :D

Because Swoffy/Duke/UNC/Wake/global warming/aliens/etc...

ok, i take back my comment about them not being know-nothings like Rutgersfans...

Posted: Today 2:21 PMby OBXtriwolf: Teams that consistently win do so because they know how to do so and can even under tough circumstances. SU did it the other night against Pitt. Coaches like Boeheim and K are future hall of famers and national championship coaches because they know how to pull out wins no matter what. I like Gott but he's not that kind of coach. If the current players stick around another year we could become that kind of team. Furthermore, fair or not, the refs subconsciously give them the benefit. We'll see how things go for us but we are gelling into a decent team.

...the cross we have had to bear with boeheim's whining and his "preferential" treatment by refs... like papparo... higgins... burr... yeah, widely known refs love Boeheim... :eek:

Solid effort, but I hate to burst your bubble on one key point...SU has beaten NC State before :D

Sorry, I forgot to add the "multiple times" qualifier. :)

If you guys want to understand the bile, you have to do a few things that are tedious and painful. First you have to understand that the people on PackPride do not represent the actual University or most of it's fan base. A number of my friends have attended and graduated from NCSU. A first cousin works in their Admissions Office. A grandnephew currently attends there as well. When asked about that particular message board they either have never seen it or are embarrassed by their use of the name after they've read a few posts. As the young man told me with a grin, "We think it's for weirdos that couldn't afford a Klan membership".

The "regular" posters over there have bought in to a groupthink notion that they are mistreated and it all boils down to UNC jealousy. They will almost to a poster tell you that NCSU was hammered under Valvano simply because the UNC controlled media and the local rag of tabloid lied about poor V and the kind of program he ran. They think that UNC was scared of them becoming a hoops superpower and concocted a grand scam to nip it in the bud. You will see their constant assertions that they were punished because of "a few pairs of shoes".

The most complete in-depth recount of what went on was done by the L.A Times...hardly a UNC media controlled outlet. It runs five pages. It goes into detail about what both the NCAA and NCSU investigations revealed. You can check it out yourself at : http://articles.latimes.com/1989-08-31/sports/sp-1885_1_jim-valvano

Rather long but if you're bored it's an entertaining read. :)

Sorry, I forgot to add the "multiple times" qualifier. :)

If you guys want to understand the bile, you have to do a few things that are tedious and painful. First you have to understand that the people on PackPride do not represent the actual University or most of it's fan base. A number of my friends have attended and graduated from NCSU. A first cousin works in their Admissions Office. A grandnephew currently attends there as well. When asked about that particular message board they either have never seen it or are embarrassed by their use of the name after they've read a few posts. As the young man told me with a grin, "We think it's for weirdos that couldn't afford a Klan membership".

The "regular" posters over there have bought in to a groupthink notion that they are mistreated and it all boils down to UNC jealousy. They will almost to a poster tell you that NCSU was hammered under Valvano simply because the UNC controlled media and the local rag of tabloid lied about poor V and the kind of program he ran. They think that UNC was scared of them becoming a hoops superpower and concocted a grand scam to nip it in the bud. You will see their constant assertions that they were punished because of "a few pairs of shoes".

The most complete in-depth recount of what went on was done by the L.A Times...hardly a UNC media controlled outlet. It runs five pages. It goes into detail about what both the NCAA and NCSU investigations revealed. You can check it out yourself at : http://articles.latimes.com/1989-08-31/sports/sp-1885_1_jim-valvano

Rather long but if you're bored it's an entertaining read. :)
Fair enough... we have a board like that too... syracuse.com