ND/ACC finalizing rest of acc schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ND/ACC finalizing rest of acc schedule

To quote my friend Dasher you don't know this. It could be true, but its not a fact and if Gross tried he would be better off telling his season ticket holders he tried and fought for them.

ok most likely we would be in breach of contract and have to repay metlife. Maybe he did try and maybe he didn't who really knows?

Where will ACC neutral site games be shown? Hint, they won't be on NBC.
Which would prove my point these games are Syracuse HOME game and Notre Dame is playing Boston College in a neutral site game at Fenway in 2016 ON NBC.

So I raise a legitimate point and people want to fight this is why I go crazy. When your wrong admit your wrong and its okay. However, defending something when your spinning is not going to change the facts. That DEAL F'ED Syracuse and ND could have done Syracuse a solid the contract was between Syracuse and Notre Dame. What consideration did Metlife give Syracuse? These games were scheduled before the Metlfe deal.

Chris its OBVIOUS we are the home team in 2016. This is deal is crap and nobody in the Syracuse media questions Gross on it.
http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/122013aaa.html

2014 Aug. 30 RICE
Sept. 6 MICHIGAN (night)
Sept. 13 * Purdue at Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Ind. (night)
Sept. 27 at Syracuse (MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.)
Oct. 4 STANFORD
Oct. 11 NORTH CAROLINA
Oct. 18 at Florida State
Nov. 1 vs. Navy (FedEx Field, Landover, Md.)
Nov. 8 at Arizona State
Nov. 15 NORTHWESTERN
Nov. 22 LOUISVILLE
Nov. 29 at USC
* Shamrock Series game

2015 Sept. 5 TEXAS
Sept. 12 at Virginia
Sept. 19 GEORGIA TECH
Sept. 26 MASSACHUSETTS
Oct. 3 at Clemson
Oct. 10 NAVY
Oct. 17 USC
Oct. 31 at Temple (Lincoln Financial Services Field)
Nov. 7 at Pittsburgh
Nov. 14 WAKE FOREST
Nov. 21 * Boston College at Fenway Park, Boston, Mass. (night)
Nov. 28 at Stanford
* Shamrock Series game

Sept. 3 at Texas
Sept. 10 NEVADA
Sept. 17 MICHIGAN STATE
Sept. 24 DUKE
Oct. 1 at Syracuse (MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.)
Oct. 8 at North Carolina State
Oct. 15 STANFORD
Oct. 29 MIAMI
Nov. 5 vs. Navy (site TBD)
Nov. 12 * Army at Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas (night)
Nov. 19 VIRGINIA TECH
Nov. 26 at USC

nobody questions him on its because what's done is done and its time to get over it since those games were scheduled prior to nd /acc deal

So I raise a legitimate point and people want to fight this is why I go crazy. When your wrong admit your wrong and its okay. However, defending something when your spinning is not going to change the facts. That DEAL F'ED Syracuse and ND could have done Syracuse a solid the contract was between Syracuse and Notre Dame. What consideration did Metlife give Syracuse? These games were scheduled before the Metlfe deal.

I was wrong on 2016 not being su home game

Your better sitting this one out just to save both of us time. This is deal is bad and keeps being proven so. Syracuse could have told Metlife sorry ND is playing 5 ACC games we can't do it, but Gross isn't doing that. Instead season ticket holders are getting screwed.
I will wait till its announced.

Then I will either back you up, or remain silent...for as usual, I've been proven correct.

I was wrong on 2016 not being su home game
I wasn't actually specifically saying you. I believe your fair and don't spin. I think your a straight shooter. This deal just shows me though SU is getting NOTHING from ND and nobody in the Syracuse media asks Gross about it. I do the three times I have seen Gross.

We should demand ND home BB games at MSG if they want to screw us like this.

Which would prove my point these games are Syracuse HOME game
We'll see over time...

Would I rather have a normal 2 home game, 2 road game, 1 MetLife game arrangement? Of course. I also know that SU had arrangements with MetLife and ND before the moves to the ACC came about. There's a good chance that it'll be a 1-1-3 deal. Worst case it'll be 1-2-2. If that's the fallout from making the the move to the ACC then so be it... I'm simply not going to get all worked up over it.

Get some more LSU-like arrangements and make better deals going forward.

Alsacs said:
Chris its OBVIOUS we are the home team in 2016. This is deal is crap and nobody in the Syracuse media questions Gross on it. http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/122013aaa.html 2014 Aug. 30 RICE Sept. 6 MICHIGAN (night) Sept. 13 * Purdue at Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Ind. (night) Sept. 27 at Syracuse (MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.) Oct. 4 STANFORD Oct. 11 NORTH CAROLINA Oct. 18 at Florida State Nov. 1 vs. Navy (FedEx Field, Landover, Md.) Nov. 8 at Arizona State Nov. 15 NORTHWESTERN Nov. 22 LOUISVILLE Nov. 29 at USC * Shamrock Series game 2015 Sept. 5 TEXAS Sept. 12 at Virginia Sept. 19 GEORGIA TECH Sept. 26 MASSACHUSETTS Oct. 3 at Clemson Oct. 10 NAVY Oct. 17 USC Oct. 31 at Temple (Lincoln Financial Services Field) Nov. 7 at Pittsburgh Nov. 14 WAKE FOREST Nov. 21 * Boston College at Fenway Park, Boston, Mass. (night) Nov. 28 at Stanford * Shamrock Series game 2016 Sept. 3 at Texas Sept. 10 NEVADA Sept. 17 MICHIGAN STATE Sept. 24 DUKE Oct. 1 at Syracuse (MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.) Oct. 8 at North Carolina State Oct. 15 STANFORD Oct. 29 MIAMI Nov. 5 vs. Navy (site TBD) Nov. 12 * Army at Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas (night) Nov. 19 VIRGINIA TECH Nov. 26 at USC

Maybe we make more money if the ND games are at MetLife. I'm sure there is some sort of contract or agreement. So money + existing agreement = right by the school and 3rd party.

MetLife has never been about local fans. It's money, NYC alumni, and marketing. You may not like it but that needs to be weighed against the will of season ticket holders and local fans.

So I raise a legitimate point and people want to fight this is why I go crazy.
Part of your "point" is based on jumping to conclusions. We won't know how it'll play out for quite a while. You may be right... but you may not be. Only time will tell and it's not worth going "crazy" over.

Oh, and Go Orange!

Maybe we make more money if the ND games are at MetLife. I'm sure there is some sort of contract or agreement. So money + existing agreement = right by the school and 3rd party.

MetLife has never been about local fans. It's money, NYC alumni, and marketing. You may not like it but that needs to be weighed against the will of season ticket holders and local fans.
This is a fair position, but when the Dome isn't full now some fans have an excuse. I am not going to get rid of my season tickets, but this crap doesn't get addressed and it skates by.

Part of your "point" is based on jumping to conclusions. We won't know how it'll play out for quite a while. You may be right... but you may not be. Only time will tell and it's not worth going "crazy" over.

Oh, and Go Orange!
Fair point as well and again I made my point broad so I didn't identify any one person. Your a great poster as well.

We are playing ND at Metlife in 2014 and 2016 we are taking it badly from our so called partner. Both of those games are considered SU home games.

Whose idea was this? I thought that this was entirely an internal Syracuse deal.

Last edited:
Which would prove my point these games are Syracuse HOME game and Notre Dame is playing Boston College in a neutral site game at Fenway in 2016 ON NBC.

The ND/BC game is an ND home game (Shamrock Series) played at Fenway Park. ND controls the tickets, the field will look like ND Stadium, ND will wear home uniforms, the ND band will be there in force and NBC will televise the game.

It is not a neutral site game. It is an ND home game exported to Boston.

TheCusian said:
Maybe we make more money if the ND games are at MetLife. I'm sure there is some sort of contract or agreement. So money + existing agreement = right by the school and 3rd party. MetLife has never been about local fans. It's money, NYC alumni, and marketing. You may not like it but that needs to be weighed against the will of season ticket holders and local fans.

It also puts us at a competitive disadvantage.

rrlbees said:
It also puts us at a competitive disadvantage.

Sure. Teams play OOC at the dome all the time at a competitive disadvantage for money, marketing, etc. Without knowing Gross's balance sheet - it's hard to quantify.

Also - a question worth asking: what happens when we win one if these games? A ranked team on a neutral field - as opposed to a home game win?

I refuse to get worked up over this...it was done while we were in the Big East.
Agreed. I'm not sure what people don't get about that. I know people didn't like it at the time (and still don't like it). I get it. But to tie the existing contract with this article (which has no details whatsoever about how this will affect Syracuse) doesn't make sense to me. Can't blame TGD for not foreseeing our move in realignment AND Notre Dame signing on for a certain number of games vs. ACC opponents years in advance. Hate the deal? Go ahead. Get your panties in a twist over this article before any details come out? Sounds like looking for something to complain about, IMO.

Whose idea was this? I thought that this was entirely an internal Syracuse deal.
Listen, as I said to someone else in this thread your better off just ignoring this one as my points are legitiate and don't give me that excuse. Then why have the Pitt and BC games gone away because of the ACC-ND 5 game deal. Syracuse could have had atleast ONE of these TWO games go away, but ND probably loves the fact they are going to get 10-home games and only 5-road games.

Your a great partner ND. If ND were a partner they would have agreed to cancel the entire 4 game series and Syracuse could get their home games AT HOME. However, your going to spin and not just admit ND is giving it to SU.

it seems that a lot of teams already had ND games in place and many were at nuetral sites, so us comlaining is just another example of cnyers taking things too personal.

if Syracuse gets ZERO games in the Dome...team Alsacs wins.
if Syracuse gets 1 game in the Dome...its a draw.
if Syracuse gets 2 games in the Dome...team UEO wins.

i am prepared to draw. 2 Domers would be asking too much for a newbie to get.

i dont see a need to beat a horse before we know if it even ran.

The ND/BC game is an ND home game (Shamrock Series) played at Fenway Park. ND controls the tickets, the field will look like ND Stadium, ND will wear home uniforms, the ND band will be there in force and NBC will televise the game.

It is not a neutral site game. It is an ND home game exported to Boston.
Dude again you DID NOT understand the reason for my post. Someone else was trying to tell me the 2016 wasn't a Syracuse home game and I was saying it was. Then, he said NBC didn't control neutral site ND games, I don't care if the game isn't being played in Fenway and ND controls the tickets its a NEUTRAL site game and NBC will be broadcasting it as a game ND controls.

I refuse to get worked up over this...it was done while we were in the Big East.
People who refuse to get worked up know because its exactly what I am saying. The second you act like a midmajor then don't complain if more games are moved. LSU a freaking SEC top 10 team is treating Syracuse BETTER than its so called partner. Mark its quite obvious your friendly with Terry and that is fine.

However, calling a SPADE a SPADE Notre Dame is kicking the out of us and people just want to say oh well.
Freaking Bees who rarely agrees with me I think agrees with me on this that should tell you something.

it seems that a lot of teams already had ND games in place and many were at nuetral sites, so us comlaining is just another example of cnyers taking things too personal.

Of course you're prepared to draw you futbol sally...

Like Mark said, it's pointless to get worked up over this.

Those odds are impossible for team UEO to win. ND-ACC have a 12 year 60 game deal. ACC has 14 football teams. Each team gets atleast 4 games versus ND. 4 teams will get a 5th game. Syracuse is playing 2 home games against ND in 2014 and 2016. That is our 2 home games at best we are lucky to be one of the 4 teams to get a 5th game and we are lucky that game is in the Dome.

Of course you're prepared to draw you futbol sally...

Like Mark said, it's pointless to get worked up over this.
Good to know its pointless. Thanks for telling me a legit point isn't a legit one for me. It is not POINTLESS unless some asked Dr. Gross ON THE RECORD about this and tells us why it is the way it is. Then, once he said it one time people like me could even if we disagreed. When nothing is asked no accountability.

My god I am not demanding anything unreasonable and my points are all valid.