ND/ACC finalizing rest of acc schedule | Syracusefan.com

ND/ACC finalizing rest of acc schedule

Chris02M

Football Schedule Maven
The ACC and Notre Dame are expected to finalize details for the remainder of their 60-game contract soon. ACC senior associate commissioner Michael Strickland said the conference will likely have dates and sites for the fourth, fifth and six years of the deal and years and sites for the back half of the contract. Under the agreement, which begins this year, Notre Dame will play every ACC school four times, home and away, through 2025. The ACC-Notre Dame games have already been scheduled for 2014-2016.
An announcement could come in August.

Some other details on how the sausage gets made, so to speak:
1. Every team will play Notre Dame four times and four teams will play the Irish a fifth time. The schedule is for 60 games over 12 years.
2. It largely won’t be a model where any team will play Notre Dame every three years, as there’s too many moving parts for that to happen.
3. Among the litany of factors that Strickland and his counterparts at Notre Dame (athletic director Jack Swarbrick, senior associate AD John Heisler and associate AD Chad Klunder) are having to take into consideration

http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/201...ized/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_sports_sfp

Congratulations Dr. Gross by signing that stupid ND deal you ensured that Syracuse will be receiving absolutely NO benefit to Notre Dame playing 5 ACC games annually. If the Orange ARE LUCKY they will be one of 4 teams to play ND 5 times and will get 1 Dome home game.

God, I freaking hate this deal more and more. Gross BETTER leverage ND to play their home games at MetLife as well, but our fanbase doesn't give a crap and stuff goes thru without accountability.

Best case for Notre Dame agreeing to play a home game at Metlife is the Shamrock Series . But We are likely at Notre Dame the next time we play

Look for three at MetLife, one at ND and one at the Dome.

i'm thinking that Pitt will be 1 of the 4 teams to get ND 5 times since they lost out with this deal since they had annual matchups other 3 teams I have no idea

Look for three at MetLife, one at ND and one at the Dome.

any idea on order? I'm assuming at ND will be next scheduled then @ metlife game then at Carrier Dome?

random guess on other teams to get ND 5 times over the 12 year contract: Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Miami and Clemson(based on rumor from Clemson fan on ncaabbs board about them having ND 3 of of 4 years from 2020-2024

If I was Gross I tell ND you play your basketball home conference games at MSG. This deal has screwed Syracuse beyond belief and to say otherwise is a spin job of Baghdad Bob/RutgersAl proportion.

Last edited:
any idea on order? I'm assuming at ND will be next scheduled then @ metlife game then at Carrier Dome?
We are playing ND at Metlife in 2014 and 2016 we are taking it badly from our so called partner. Both of those games are considered SU home games.

2 @Dome, 1 at ND.

Kaiser UEO's Board Commanment #1...

-the Board is ALWAYS WRONG

We are playing ND at Metlife in 2014 and 2016 we are taking it badly from our so called partner. Both of those games are considered SU home games.

so those were already scheduled I'm talking about after those ones since if we are getting them 5 times over the cycle there are 3 more to schedule

This deal has screwed Syracuse beyond belief
What's worse, playing before a 75% ND crowd at MetLife or a 40% ND crowd at the Dome?

Get ND at the Dome once and get past the current MetLife deal. Make smarter deals going forward from an ACC base.

so those were already scheduled I'm talking about after those ones since if we are getting them 5 times over the cycle there are 3 more to schedule
Notre Dame had games with BC and Pitt that were destroyed because of this 5 game commitment. The fact is this Dr. Gross wanted to keep the Metlife money for this stupid series anyway so he pulled strings from the ACC office and got the 2014 and 2016 games to remain and Syracuse is the 1 ACC team playing ND twice over the first 3 years of this deal. However, now we know that everyone will be playing ND 4 times AND only 4 teams will get a 5th game that means unless Syracuse is lucky to be one of those 4 teams we WILL NEVER SEE ND at the Dome. Great job Gross, good job way to take an appealing game away from your home fanbase and make what are suppose to be home games road games at a neutral field as Metlife will probably be 30k SU fans if we are lucky and 55k ND fans.

Both of those games are considered SU home games.
No they're not. Just because ND's future schedules indicate them as being "at" instead of "neutral" doesn't make it so.

What's worse, playing before a 75% ND crowd at MetLife or a 40% ND crowd at the Dome?

Get ND at the Dome once and get past the current MetLife deal. Make smarter deals going forward from an ACC base.
I think the answer is obvious if you want to win the game. You want HFA. The ACC could careless where the game is played they aren't making Wake Forest or Duke move their games to Charlotte.

Captain Hindsight would rather beat his drum on past decisions that were totally smart and possibly questionable now...than use it to help march forward.

No they're not. Just because ND's future schedules indicate them as being "at" instead of "neutral" doesn't make it so.
They ARE Syracuse home games their is ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS. The games are ESPN NOT NBC. Notre Dame home games are NBC and ACC home games on ESPN. Go look at the first 3 year of games ND released. ND is hosting 8 ACC teams, traveling to 5 ACC teams, and playing Syracuse in Metlife as 2 road games.

This isn't even a question these games 2014 and 2016 are Syracuse "home" games.

Captain Hindsight would rather beat his drum on bad past decisions than use it to help march forward.
Your better sitting this one out just to save both of us time. This is deal is bad and keeps being proven so. Syracuse could have told Metlife sorry ND is playing 5 ACC games we can't do it, but Gross isn't doing that. Instead season ticket holders are getting screwed.

The ACC could careless where the game is played they aren't making Wake Forest or Duke move their games to Charlotte.
I didn't know that Wake & Duke already had games scheduled with ND at Charlotte.

this years game we are the home team 2016 we will see

Your better sitting this one out just to save both of us time. This is deal is bad and keeps being proven so. Syracuse could have told Metlife sorry ND is playing 5 ACC games we can't do it, but Gross isn't doing that. Instead season ticket holders are getting screwed.

Then we would owe Metlife money since its a signed contract and we aren't flush with cash as it is

Notre Dame home games are NBC and ACC home games on ESPN.
Where will ACC neutral site games be shown? Hint, they won't be on NBC.

this years game we are the home team 2016 we will see
Chris its OBVIOUS we are the home team in 2016. This is deal is crap and nobody in the Syracuse media questions Gross on it.
http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/122013aaa.html

2014 Aug. 30 RICE
Sept. 6 MICHIGAN (night)
Sept. 13 * Purdue at Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Ind. (night)
Sept. 27 at Syracuse (MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.)
Oct. 4 STANFORD
Oct. 11 NORTH CAROLINA
Oct. 18 at Florida State
Nov. 1 vs. Navy (FedEx Field, Landover, Md.)
Nov. 8 at Arizona State
Nov. 15 NORTHWESTERN
Nov. 22 LOUISVILLE
Nov. 29 at USC
* Shamrock Series game

2015 Sept. 5 TEXAS
Sept. 12 at Virginia
Sept. 19 GEORGIA TECH
Sept. 26 MASSACHUSETTS
Oct. 3 at Clemson
Oct. 10 NAVY
Oct. 17 USC
Oct. 31 at Temple (Lincoln Financial Services Field)
Nov. 7 at Pittsburgh
Nov. 14 WAKE FOREST
Nov. 21 * Boston College at Fenway Park, Boston, Mass. (night)
Nov. 28 at Stanford
* Shamrock Series game

Sept. 3 at Texas
Sept. 10 NEVADA
Sept. 17 MICHIGAN STATE
Sept. 24 DUKE
Oct. 1 at Syracuse (MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.)
Oct. 8 at North Carolina State
Oct. 15 STANFORD
Oct. 29 MIAMI
Nov. 5 vs. Navy (site TBD)
Nov. 12 * Army at Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas (night)
Nov. 19 VIRGINIA TECH
Nov. 26 at USC

Then we would owe Metlife money since its a signed contract and we aren't flush with cash as it is
To quote my friend Dasher you don't know this. It could be true, but its not a fact and if Gross tried he would be better off telling his season ticket holders he tried and fought for them.

I didn't know that Wake & Duke already had games scheduled with ND at Charlotte.
I interpreted your statement as the ACC would want us playing in NYC. That is why I said what I did, and my point is the ACC doesn't care where our home games are played.