ND/ACC finalizing rest of acc schedule | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

ND/ACC finalizing rest of acc schedule

I would love too as you seem like a good guy. I hate the fact one person would so far to debate a point that is wrong and that drives me crazy. I don't care if people disagree if they bring it, but when people want to fight because its the indivdual talking they don't like then I recommend they ignore the debate or don't bring it weak. Your arguments have been fair but the this deal sucks IMO and that is my position.
Al, refresh me.

Do you want zero games at Giants Stadium? Or just your nd ones?? Which again, is a strong position.

Wrong, but strong.

Again if my statements bother you or annoy you I recommend you put me on block so they don't.
As I said, what bothers me is your attitude that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong. Your opinion doesn't bother me. Just as mine shouldn't bother you. I'm done. Peace.

Al, refresh me.

Do you want zero games at Giants Stadium? Or just your nd ones?? Which again, is a strong position.

Wrong, but strong.
I loved the Penn State game because it was a neutral site game and not a Syracuse home game. Play all the neutral site games in Metlife where Syracuse isn't giving up a home game to play at Metlife.

If we play at Metlife it should be games that are not Syracuse home games.

I loved the Penn State game because it was a neutral site game and not a Syracuse home game. Play all the neutral site games in Metlife where Syracuse isn't giving up a home game to play at Metlife.

If we play at Metlife it should be games that are not Syracuse home games.
I think we agree then, but you want 7 Dome games and Giants Stadium?

Or is 6 fine?

I realize you don't want an @1 and Giants Stadium, me too.

As I said, what bothers me is your attitude that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong. Your opinion doesn't bother me. Just as mine shouldn't bother you. I'm done. Peace.
I get upset when the responses are what I get from Stevenson when he said who cares or Bayside trying to say USC could have been behind the move to Metlife when ALL THE INFORMATION is the contrary and he is fighting because I am the one making the argument.

My advice is ignore me. No skin off my back and no skin off yours. I can take different opinions. I think Todd Gack has been beyond fair he joined while I was working and couldn't respond. I tell it the way I way I see it no BS. Mark, Kaiser, Cusian have all been fair, but have't changed me.

I think we agree then, but you want 7 Dome games and Giants Stadium?

Or is 6 fine?

I realize you don't want an @1 and Giants Stadium, me too.
6 games is fine. I don't think playing in NYC is bad, but when you screw your home fanbase moving premiere games away then attendance should never be brought up.

You have stayed out of this for the most which is why I have given you more respect. I don't care about playing in NYC i JUST WANT NEUTRAL SITE GAMES ONLY.

Alsacs said:
PM me I will give you my information. Your statement have been fair. I don't have anymore to say. except I have zero connection to CNY outside of my time at SU. I graduated from SU live in CharloTte, NC now and grew up in RI/MA.
I'm just on my phone at the moment and can't figure out how to PM, but you've said enough. I think you're a great poster -- one of the go-to people I read -- just wrong on this issue. I asked about where you're from because I think it's a particular CNY trait to think the world is conspiring against you. I'm a local who has moved on, but expects to return -- and I have never met a people who flaunt the chip on their shoulder more than CNYers. Long story short: Because Notre Dame negotiated the terms doesn't lessen your degree. It's an exceeding well-hyped institution -- let's beat them on the field.

Alsacs said:
I get upset when the responses are what I get from Stevenson when he said who cares or Bayside trying to say USC could have been behind the move to Metlife when ALL THE INFORMATION is the contrary and he is fighting because I am the one making the argument. My advice is ignore me. No skin off my back and no skin off yours. I can take different opinions. I think Todd Gack has been beyond fair he joined while I was working and couldn't respond. I tell it the way I way I see it no BS. Mark, Kaiser, Cusian have all been fair, but have't changed me.

Where did I say "who cares."

Your arguments make zero sense. The met life deal was signed pre-ACC and pre ND to ACC. Football schedules are put together years in advance. Logistically it wasn't even an option to squelch the up coming ND games at met life and move them to the dome. Who would we schedule at Met life to replace ND on short notice? Answer that. You think we got that Met life contract without ND being in out pocket from the get go? Seriously?

We can't even fill our schedule in a timely fashion as it is but you want us to play hard ball versus The ACC, Met life and ND?

What world do you live in?

I'm just on my phone at the moment and can't figure out how to PM, but you've said enough. I think you're a great poster -- one of the go-to people I read -- just wrong on this issue. I asked about where you're from because I think it's a particular CNY trait to think the world is conspiring against you. I'm a local who has moved on, but expects to return -- and I have never met a people who flaunt the chip on their shoulder more than CNYers. Long story short: Because Notre Dame negotiated the terms doesn't lessen your degree. It's an exceeding well-hyped institution -- let's beat them on the field.
Appreciate the kind words but this is my last post for a while. I am done its not because of you or anything you have said. I treat others how they treat me. You have been nothing short of classy and I agree we agree to disagree on this issue.

Good luck to the rest of the board I am outta here. My recommendation is atleast 3 posters from this thread put me on block so they don't read another thing I ever write.

Appreciate the kind words but this is my last post for a while. I am done its not because of you or anything you have said. I treat others how they treat me. You have been nothing short of classy and I agree we agree to disagree on this issue.

Good luck to the rest of the board I am outta here. My recommendation is atleast 3 posters from this thread put me on block so they don't read another thing I ever write.
Don't go away mad, bro

Dude again you DID NOT understand the reason for my post. Someone else was trying to tell me the 2016 wasn't a Syracuse home game and I was saying it was. Then, he said NBC didn't control neutral site ND games, I don't care if the game isn't being played in Fenway and ND controls the tickets its a NEUTRAL site game and NBC will be broadcasting it as a game ND controls.

It is not a neutral site game. It was a game scheduled to be played in South Bend. It is an ND home game. ND decided to make it a Shamrock Series game and moved it to Fenway. ND uses one of its seven home games per year as the Shamrock game.

It was not scheduled as a neutral site game nor a BC home game. It was a South Bend game moved by ND to Boston, just like the previous games in San Antonio, Chicago, Washington DC, Dallas and this year's Purdue ND home game moved to Indianapolis.

Are you sure that both Syracuse and the ACC don't seriously WANT the ND games in New Jersey? What evidence do you have that ND somehow controls what Syracuse and the ACC decide to do?

Alsacs...I really enjoy reading your posts...you bring a lot of great insights. Take a few days/weeks off but you better get your butt back in here for Nova game week.

Bottomline: relax and have fun here...

Alsacs...I really enjoy reading your posts...you bring a lot of great insights. Take a few days/weeks off but you better get your butt back in here for Nova game week.

Bottomline: relax and have fun here...
i like Al's posts too. he needs to not take things so seriously.

hell, i think the only real insult in there was by you to me...you rat basterd.

don't leave because people don't agree with your position on the Notre Dame/Metlife games we all know this is a hot button issue with no right or wrong answer at the present time. As currently constructed the Metlife/Nd series is bad but if after these 2 games we go to home and home with a neutral or even shamrock home game for ND down the road it is good deal

It is not a neutral site game. It was a game scheduled to be played in South Bend. It is an ND home game. ND decided to make it a Shamrock Series game and moved it to Fenway. ND uses one of its seven home games per year as the Shamrock game.

It was not scheduled as a neutral site game nor a BC home game. It was a South Bend game moved by ND to Boston, just like the previous games in San Antonio, Chicago, Washington DC, Dallas and this year's Purdue ND home game moved to Indianapolis.

Are you sure that both Syracuse and the ACC don't seriously WANT the ND games in New Jersey? What evidence do you have that ND somehow controls what Syracuse and the ACC decide to do?

if the acc and ND want the game in jerey then we should be 1 of the 4 teams getting Notre Dame 5 times with at least 1 at Carrier Dome and 1 at Nd Stadium with the 5th being shamrock series in Metlife

i like Al's posts too. he needs to not take things so seriously.

hell, i think the only real insult in there was by you to me...you rat basterd.
if the acc and ND want the game in jerey then we should be 1 of the 4 teams getting Notre Dame 5 times with at least 1 at Carrier Dome and 1 at Nd Stadium with the 5th being shamrock series in Metlife

With the push...Delaney is making into NYC...I think the ACC would be stupid not to have 3 Cuse/ND games at Met Life and the other two as h/h's

Congratulations Dr. Gross by signing that stupid ND deal you ensured that Syracuse will be receiving absolutely NO benefit to Notre Dame playing 5 ACC games annually. If the Orange ARE LUCKY they will be one of 4 teams to play ND 5 times and will get 1 Dome home game.

God, I freaking hate this deal more and more. Gross BETTER leverage ND to play their home games at MetLife as well, but our fanbase doesn't give a crap and stuff goes thru without accountability.

Listen, what Gross was doing at that time was trying to inject some moxie into a program that suffered from atrophy then accelerated into an abyss. Stuck in the Big East, far from a power conference and he made a play.

We're in the damn ACC playing the same type of ball that lead to that ND series.

People are putting WAY too much stock into this situation while conveniently leaving out other very favorable macro events.

Can't control: SU vs ND in the Meadowlands

Can control: Going to the Meadowlands to watch and root for the Orange.

It amazes me that people bitch about what Gross did with the Meadowlands series. It was a brilliant move on his part and kept us in the spot light when we were at rock bottom. Now that we are in the ACC yes things are different but you have to keep the decision to enter into that series in context.

My apologies, I was not aware you were present during the negotiations. I do hope you recorded your formal objections to this agreement at the time and the record will show that you advised Gross against such action at that time and under the circumstances as they were. Gross did what he could at the time and Syracuse needed the cash infusion and exposure. Gross was directing us towards a conference upgrade in one way or another and this was part of the plan. The Big East would improve or we would seek other arrangements, he did so. His willingness to make this deal and to think outside the box is part of what led Syracuse to the ACC. That the deal is not of as much benefit to Syrause now is immaterial, it was a very good deal then.

As for ND being part of the deal, ND had to agree to play in the Meadowlands. This fact alone makes them part of the deal. As to whether or not ND gets a part of the gate, controls seating, and any other details does not change the fact that ND is a partner to the deal. From the Meadowlands point of view, ND is a unique team and cancelling a game could initiate a legal action over specific performance under a contract theory. Anything could happen. Gross decided the benefits of following through with the deal outweigh the problems. Syracuse is still making money, getting exposure, where they want it and need it and sticking it to the B1G, playing in the B1G's new member's back yard. From ND's POV, they want to play in front of their NYC fans, if nothing else.

We see that two of the three partners (ND and the Meadowlands) in the deal have no incentive to break the deal and we see enough reason to make Syracuse at worst ambivalent about cancelling the deal, but probably leaning towards keeping the deal, what is the real issue? That we as fans want ND in the Dome does not trump everything else. ND will be in the Dome in the future. If not, so what, they stopped by once. Syracuse is 3-3 v. ND over the last 120 years. Syracuse has not needed to have ND in the Dome often for any reason.
Notre Dame gets a part of the gate no matter where they play,they don't travel for free as it almost everytime a flat fee just like what 'nova gets to come here.

The contract may have that provision, but N.D. wouldn't play this game if they were to lose money

It amazes me that people bitch about what Gross did with the Meadowlands series. It was a brilliant move on his part and kept us in the spot light when we were at rock bottom. Now that we are in the ACC yes things are different but you have to keep the decision to enter into that series in context.

It certainly wasn't a brilliant move. Rutgers and UConn both were also approached with this deal and turned it down. We were the only ones to take it and when we did, it was at the least a controversial move.

The truth is that it was a money grab, a way of ensuring some solid revenue at a time when the football program had become so damaged by the GRob hire that it looked like it might not produce any decent revenue for many years. Given the dismal state of finances for the athletic department at the time, the poor attendance, the awful performance on the field, etc., it was an understandable decision by Gross.

But I agree with your basic point. Given where things stood then, with SU still dangling in the wind, no ACC membership yet in hand, I would have probably done the same thing Dr Gross did. We needed cash and did what had to be done to get it.

It certainly wasn't a brilliant move. Rutgers and UConn both were also approached with this deal and turned it down. We were the only ones to take it and when we did, it was at the least a controversial move.

The truth is that it was a money grab, a way of ensuring some solid revenue at a time when the football program had become so damaged by the GRob hire that it looked like it might not produce any decent revenue for many years. Given the dismal state of finances for the athletic department at the time, the poor attendance, the awful performance on the field, etc., it was an understandable decision by Gross.

But I agree with your basic point. Given where things stood then, with SU still dangling in the wind, no ACC membership yet in hand, I would have probably done the same thing Dr Gross did. We needed cash and did what had to be done to get it.

As usual, Tom, you state the facts, provide the probable and it is spot on. If any of us were in Gross' shoes, we would probably have done the same thing based on the facts as they were.

HtownOrange said:
As usual, Tom, you state the facts, provide the probable and it is spot on. If any of us were in Gross' shoes, we would probably have done the same thing based on the facts as they were.

I wouldn't have for 20 years.

OrangeXtreme said:
Maybe the 20 year thing is going away?

That's my hope.