ND, Wake, UNC and FSU Games Postponed / Pitt rescheduled | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ND, Wake, UNC and FSU Games Postponed / Pitt rescheduled

Im guessing yes, the statement from JW doesnt mention going on pause

More practice time could benefit some guys with conditioning to make up for the time missed in Nov and get the team out of the 3 pt shooting funk

Additionally, at this time, all basketball-related activities are paused and contact tracing is underway.

It's a little off to be blaming UB for this. The universal guidance has been, and remains, notify the County Department of Health, and let the County sort it out. I have a hard time believing that a SUNY failed to follow this type of protocol. It's not hard to believe that Erie County could have made a mess of things though.

Also, you are not a contact, until someone is a confirmed case. The timing of these things can be tricky.

I want to live in a parallel universe where this crap doesn’t happen. Oh well, maybe next lifetime.
Just be grateful that this iteration of you hasn't experienced worse...yet.

ACC teams just need to pause , quarantine and bubble in say 3 groups... then rinse and repeat after that.

Otherwise the season will just be stupid.

I know that a lot of this is dictated by local ordinances, but I don't understand how some college football teams have been able to play games with 20+ kids out for COVID reasons, while some college hoops teams are cancelling games because of contact tracing? Is it a numbers thing?

The UB statement on Dec 14 about Whitesell being positive stated nothing about contact tracing and only about the exposure being around someone who tested positive who had nothing to do with UB. I find it odd that this was a pretty vague statement along with generally speaking about negative tests for UB.

Something else to consider - back in Sept/Oct Miami U in Ohio had a huge CoVid Outbreak. So you have to look there as well - its possible this could have started with them.

I know that a lot of this is dictated by local ordinances, but I don't understand how some college football teams have been able to play games with 20+ kids out for COVID reasons, while some college hoops teams are cancelling games because of contact tracing? Is it a numbers thing?
Ohio St played Big10 title game Saturday, I heard they were down alot maybe 20 guys?

Yet an opponent in bball has a positive test after a game and the program without the positive test has to stop.

Trying to equate these 2 scenarios

Ohio St played Big10 title game Saturday, I heard they were down alot maybe 20 guys?

Yet an opponent in bball has a positive test after a game and the program without the positive test has to stop.

Trying to equate these 2 scenarios
I’m guessing indoor/ outdoor have a lot to do with it .

you still find almost no examples across the sports of people who got sick from the act of playing/practicing. Its almost all from being in a room for a length of time and being exposed. They should be testing as soon as the game is over because that is the small window of exposure to other teams.. waiting a full day doesnt help. Had they all walked off the court and tested you probably have a pretty solid idea of what issues might be happening but testing a day before leaves a bigger window

and the same for the football playoff teams.. bubble them right now

I don’t think you can blame UB. I mean this is the kinda stuff that happens with this virus.

Does it suck we might not get to play ND? Yes.

However, I would rather be safe, pause the whole program and test like crazy the next couple days.

It’s likely we won’t see a single positive from it and then we can move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom