ND, Wake, UNC and FSU Games Postponed / Pitt rescheduled | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

ND, Wake, UNC and FSU Games Postponed / Pitt rescheduled

Moving a weekday game to 4:30 is kind of weird though, no? Especially when it’s two teams in the top half of the league. I think it moved from ESPN2 to ACCN, too.

Seems like that makes it easy for ACCN to just have the two late games like usual if we cancel
Good point. That very well might be the reason for changing it

The Cuse athletic department has done a good job with Covid safety and testing protocols, but they made an enormous error in judgement by not supplying Buffalo and other non conference opponents with those contact tracing microchips for our games. That could have made a big difference in us having a player or two out vs. a full-team 14 day pause. They went with the cheap option and are now paying the consequences.

The Cuse athletic department has done a good job with Covid safety and testing protocols, but they made an enormous error in judgement by not supplying Buffalo and other non conference opponents with those contact tracing microchips for our games. That could have made a big difference in us having a player or two out vs. a full-team 14 day pause. They went with the cheap option and are now paying the consequences.

Why should we supply Buffalo with their medical equipment? We're spending 6 figures a month on this stuff.

Why should we supply Buffalo with their medical equipment? We're spending 6 figures a month on this stuff.
Because as a P5 school we have the money and resources and could have prevented 3 lost games and given some of our players peace of mind that they weren’t at high risk for exposure.

We're still on pause, per Bailey...

If Syracuse has not had any positive tests, the team could have been cleared by the Onondaga County Health Department to return as early as Tuesday. That would've been 10 days after the Buffalo game, fulfilling the updated contact tracing quarantine requirements of New York State. Instead, the team has yet to return to practice, an SU Athletics spokesperson confirmed on Saturday morning.

The return to team activities hinges on continued testing results, the spokesperson said previously. SU's players continue to be tested regularly.

Man, I know it’s been a couple weeks, but it sure feels like...
6C965DFD-D394-4B62-915D-7CBEFA7E77AD.gif

Since Syracuse played a basketball game, haha.

Because as a P5 school we have the money and resources and could have prevented 3 lost games and given some of our players peace of mind that they weren’t at high risk for exposure.

OK - the AD is raising money for this, it's not like our pit is bottomless. I'd more agree that we should've treated this like football and not played those other schools that don't follow our protocols.

Colgate playing its first game today. I think that leaves three teams yet to play.

this assumes the only reason for the pause is contact tracing. i think it is pretty clear that is an incorrect assumption.

If the team is not together yet I think it's a good bet at least one player was infected during the game unfortunately.

Which could also potentially explain Boeheim’s “we’ll never play them here again” comment, with the trash talking excuse being a cover (almost sounds like a conspiracy ha).

Syracuse going with the cheap half assed option. Shocking!

Saturday's Duke-Florida State game has been postponed due to a positive COVID-19 test in the Seminoles' program. Meanwhile, Blue Devils coach Mike Krzyzewski is in quarantine after being exposed to the virus.

In retrospect the concept of playing 3 or 4 games a week in two 8 team bubbles during semester break probably would have been the way to go. With most schools off between Thanksgiving and late January the ACC could have played a good portion of the season in a controlled environment, then February would have been gravy. I know some teams are allowing minimal attendance and likely would have objected, but at this rate I'm afraid we won;t get a representative season in and if there are no post season tournaments again I fear some programs won;t be able to recover financially.

If we weren’t looking at a month total of pauses we probably could have competed for an ACC title LOL

Greensboro Coliseum has proposed a bubble to the ACC in September. 6 Weeks total. Probably 15-18 games. They had all the facilities for practice/games ready.

No major conference wanted to be the first to take the bubble step but it's obviously the right move. Kids are all remote anyway.

If the team is not together yet I think it's a good bet at least one player was infected during the game unfortunately.
I’m still confused. If the whole team has been quarantined away from each other for almost two weeks, shouldn’t that mean their quarantine periods are coming to an end (at least those players who didn’t contract the disease)? Unless most of the players got it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom