Nerlens wasn't around for Monday's UK visit | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nerlens wasn't around for Monday's UK visit

A very well connected and GREAT Source passed this info onto me regarding the "mysterious" Cuse interest with Noel. Funny how a few exchanges and info get passed and you can uncover a bit more then what it appears.

Errol Randolph, the guy profiled in the Pete Thamel article on Noel as a substitute teacher at Everett HS (Nerlens original HS) and quoted as saying, "Nerlens marches to the beat of his own drummer", helped place Nerlens at Tilton.

Seems harmless right? Well Mr. Randolph who is a lifelong Syracuse fan just happened to accompany Nerlens to his visit to Syracuse for the UConn game this year, happens to live in Miami now--and is a "self employed talent evaluator/scout". Didn't Nerlens happen to take a trip down to Miami this weekend for...??? Interesting the in-homes are taking place this week and field is getting narrowed down and low and behold Nerlens just happens to hop down to Miami to get away--and sure it's just a minor coincidence that Mr. Randolph happens to live down there.

Wonder how Pete Thamel didn't dig this info up for a further update of the recruitment, since he was hellbent on trying to imply dirt with CAA and Calipari---or is Syracuse above any wrongdoing? Not like they have had any issues arise lately is it?

Why is mysterious in quotes?

Clearly regardless of the self-employeed talent scout...one of Noel's best friends as he's stated in quotes is MCW...why would it be mysterious that he'd be interested in us regardless of what a fan thinks of Syracuse.

I don't think it's mysterious that he'd be interested in Georgetown.

So cuse should stop recruiting him because nerlens friend is an su fan? Lol.

A very well connected and GREAT Source passed this info onto me regarding the "mysterious" Cuse interest with Noel. Funny how a few exchanges and info get passed and you can uncover a bit more then what it appears.

Errol Randolph, the guy profiled in the Pete Thamel article on Noel as a substitute teacher at Everett HS (Nerlens original HS) and quoted as saying, "Nerlens marches to the beat of his own drummer", helped place Nerlens at Tilton.

Seems harmless right? Well Mr. Randolph who is a lifelong Syracuse fan just happened to accompany Nerlens to his visit to Syracuse for the UConn game this year, happens to live in Miami now--and is a "self employed talent evaluator/scout". Didn't Nerlens happen to take a trip down to Miami this weekend for...??? Interesting the in-homes are taking place this week and field is getting narrowed down and low and behold Nerlens just happens to hop down to Miami to get away--and sure it's just a minor coincidence that Mr. Randolph happens to live down there.

Wonder how Pete Thamel didn't dig this info up for a further update of the recruitment, since he was hellbent on trying to imply dirt with CAA and Calipari---or is Syracuse above any wrongdoing? Not like they have had any issues arise lately is it?

This could be the afore mentioned very low level Tilton Assistant Coach. Or maybe it's the voices in his head.

When did SU's interest become "mysterious"?

On the UK board a georgetown fan says he "has no idea why Noel would be interested in Syracuse."

Potential preseason #1
National title favorite
Close to home
Great competetion in practice
Great conference
Media exposure
Friendship with MCW
Cuse has been on him a long time
Relationship with coaching staff

Could you please italicize what is your post and what the info is that you received? Did the guy say all of that after the first paragraph?

"Lifelong Syracuse fan" is a FAR cry from a booster of any sort. Seems to me that he's implying that this Errol guy is part of SU's payroll with the "self employed talent evaluator/scout" bit. I find that hard to believe.

The guy that wrote this sounds like he has an agenda. And I'm pretty sure, with what we have seen over the past few months, that no media member is exempt from digging up dirt on Syracuse.

Please.

Why do those uk idiots think well get sanctions from bernie? Jesus, wake up...only sanction we can possibly get are from the violations that WE reported over a year ago...they act like the program is bout to be dismantled forgood its hillarious

Why do those uk idiots think well get sanctions from bernie? Jesus, wake up...only sanction we can possibly get are from the violations that WE reported over a year ago...they act like the program is bout to be dismantled forgood its hillarious
Lol, they are shook. They all think NN is going to choose us so they are already in blame/diss mode.

for those who haven't been following the intrigue, Paulie is quoting this post from the Hoyatalk board.

SU has been recruiting Noel since the spring of 2010. Hopkins has been grinding hard at this recruitment for a long time, so I don't understand where this mysterious interest all of a sudden is coming from.

SU has been recruiting Noel since the spring of 2010. Hopkins has been grinding hard at this recruitment for a long time, so I don't understand where this mysterious interest all of a sudden is coming from.
francis - thoughts on Noel not being at in home??

UK and GTown fans have no idea why he'd come here; I guess that's it.

Based on the HoyaTalk thread, they think we're way dirtier than UK. It's pretty funny. Also, both fanbases seem to think we're getting him.

Based on the HoyaTalk thread, they think we're way dirtier than UK. It's pretty funny. Also, both fanbases seem to think we're getting him.
this all sounds like fan bases knowing they lost out on the number player in class-- our board would be melting down in a similar fashion

this all sounds like fan bases knowing they lost out on the number player in class-- our board would be melting down in a similar fashion

Very true. It's weird that our fanbase seems least sure that Syracuse is landing him.

It does seem really positive for us right now. Hopefully we can get an update of where we stand after the in home today.

I think its hilarious that they can't figure out why a relatively skinny kid lacking the bulk to bang with NBA centers might be interested in playing on the wing . . . and that after 30 years of conference play they still can't see the help defense coming to swat their shots away.

I think its hilarious that they can't figure out why a relatively skinny kid lacking the bulk to bang with NBA centers might be interested in playing on the wing . . . and that after 30 years of conference play they still can't see the help defense coming to swat their shots away.
We all know how much people love to play in GTown's offense too...

See Warrick, Hakim. 4/7/03. It wasn't help defense, but it was one of if not the greatest block in NCAA Tournament history and was done by a wing player.