Never seen more mentally soft seniors | Syracusefan.com

Never seen more mentally soft seniors

Just not used to seeing a Syracuse club perform this poorly on Offense.

We'll be out the first weekend...worst team since the NIT teams

In my life. Brandon and James are softer than wet charmin. This team is going nowhere fast.

Sad, but true.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the principals move on. I know that opens me up to "wait til next year" criticism, but that's honestly how I feel.

Bring on Ennis, Gbinije, and Roberson.

Sad, but true.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the principals move on. I know that opens me up to "wait til next year" criticism, but that's honestly how I feel.

Bring on Ennis, Gbinije, and Roberson.
RF, any clue why Gbinije transferred? I'm not trying to be negative but it just seemed like an odd move. He got virtually no playing time at Duke and then he asks out. I'm just curious why he left and couldn't scratch their lineup and why people are optimistic about his future at SU. I know Coach K liked the kid and the feeling was mutual, which makes the transfer and lack of playing time even more of a question.

James can't hit a challenged shot and Brandon is more lost than any player I've ever seen.

Was just texting blackknight and said this same thing. I've never seen a funk quite like his. Shots aren't even close. It's sad.

RF, any clue why Gbinije transferred? I'm not trying to be negative but it just seemed like an odd move. He got virtually no playing time at Duke and then he asks out. I'm just curious why he left and couldn't scratch their lineup and why people are optimistic about his future at SU. I know Coach K liked the kid and the feeling was mutual, which makes the transfer and lack of playing time even more of a question.

Francis should answer this question, but the quick summary is that his top two were SU and Duke. He picked Duke, then quickly felt a sense of buyer's remorse when he got to Durham. I also don't read too much into him not playing--they had a veteran backcourt and another frosh who played a TON. A friend of mine who is a big Duke fan was disappointed to see him transfer.

Kid sounds like a great prospect--quality pickup for us. Also glad that he had a chance to practice all year with his new teammates. I expect him to be ready to start and contribute at a high level next year--hope he can shoot consistently.

That's great...we have two more games before we see the results. Today was horrible to watch

Francis should answer this question, but the quick summary is that his top two were SU and Duke. He picked Duke, then quickly felt a sense of buyer's remorse when he got to Durham. I also don't read too much into him not playing--they had a veteran backcourt and another frosh who played a TON. A friend of mine who is a big Duke fan was disappointed to see him transfer.

Kid sounds like a great prospect--quality pickup for us. Also glad that he had a chance to practice all year with his new teammates. I expect him to be ready to start and contribute at a high level next year--hope he can shoot consistently.
Also, if I remember correctly he was getting some decent, not great, PT early in the season (maybe similar to what JG gets these days?) but got sick halfway through the year and missed some games as they got into conference play, so obviously by the time he was back and healthy he had lost any chance at getting a spot in the rotation since they were into the important games. I could be remembering incorrectly, though.

kinda wish triche never showed anything- its maddening the wasted talent -

your point should also be a hard nosed sob-mcw isnt

its not just the seniors who are soft-its a team wide epidemic

Was just texting blackknight and said this same thing. I've never seen a funk quite like his. Shots aren't even close. It's sad.
Triche is reaching Chuck Knoblauch/Rick Ankiel-type dysfunction.
Major headcase, IMO.

Triche is reaching Chuck Knoblauch/Rick Ankiel-type dysfunction.
Major headcase, IMO.

Those are good comparisons.

Because there honestly isn't any other explanation.

In my life. Brandon and James are softer than wet charmin. This team is going nowhere fast.

For such tough ( looking ) and experienced players, their level of play is really mind boggling.

Now that you've sad it, it will become acceptable around here.

kinda wish triche never showed anything- its maddening the wasted talent -

your point should also be a hard nosed sob-mcw isnt

its not just the seniors who are soft-its a team wide epidemic

The irony is that the only guy who really played hard today was the guy who gets raked for not being a tough guy...Rakeem Christmas.

And a question: is there something in MCW's scholarship terms that requires him EVERY &$&*#& GAME to go down the lane, jump in the air and toss a weak pass towards the top of the arc that gets intercepted for a layup or dunk?

Those are good comparisons.

Because there honestly isn't any other explanation.

I told Jake Steve Blass at the postgame,,, its sad to watch.

I told Jake Steve Blass at the postgame,,, its sad to watch.
We turned on the lacrosse game on our phones with 5 minutes left. Just couldn't bear to watch anymore. Never seen that much diysfunction,

I think everyone knows I've never been a fan of BT's game, but even I didn't expect it to get this bad. You keep waiting for one of those halves where he hits 4 threes in a row - god knows he's due.

I think everyone knows I've never been a fan of BT's game, but even I didn't expect it to get this bad. You keep waiting for one of those halves where he hits 4 threes in a row - god knows he's due.
I'm not piling on Brandon. I have never been a fan of his game either. But he bleeds orange. Lead us to a Big East Tournament Brandon...LGO!

I'm not piling on Brandon. I have never been a fan of his game either. But he bleeds orange. Lead us to a Big East Tournament Brandon...LGO!

It's not personal - I love the kid (which is why it's sad to see it going this way), I'm not a huge fan of Baye's game either (obviously) but I love his effort and I think both are great program players and are certainly capable of playing here - never said differently.

I just never thought BT should be a starter - would have been a great third guard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom